Page 47 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Why did they elect terrorists as leaders? Because they're willing to fight back. Why do they have to fight back? Israel illegally stole their land and perpetrate continuous evil against them.

It's Israel's fault.

Second, what does the rest of the ME have to do with this? He asked to fix the Palestinian question. You do like to bring random crap up!

Eh what other way do you measure empire? Wealth accumulated? (British Empire.) Military power? (British)
    You need a hobby, buddy.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    You need a hobby, buddy.
    I'm playing video games while doing this. It's easy to multi-task when all you're doing is telling observable facts while marching on the Sarranid Sultanate
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm playing video games while doing this. It's easy to multi-task when all you're doing is telling observable facts while marching on the Sarranid Sultanate
    if by facts you mean opinions sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    if by facts you mean opinions sure
    Opinions can be based on fact. They're not mutually exclusive.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.

Deleted
    Opinions can be based on fact. They're not mutually exclusive.
    Opinions based on facts are opinions. And yours it worth no more than the most pro-Israeli supporter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Opinions based on facts are opinions. And yours it worth no more than the most pro-Israeli supporter.
    That's your opinion, which is worth no more than a wet fart.

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-11-18 at 11:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    Give me a legitimate source. Please, I beg of you.
    Other than in your head, where does Zionism base itself on this?
    Well, Zionism is/was basically the support of establishment of a Jewish state in Palestine. That's essentially giving race A land that race B have lived on for hundreds of years, based on a 2000-year old claim. I wouldn't call it directly racist, but i wouldn't call it completely innocent either.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's your opinion, which is worth no more than a wet fart.
    Are we really resorting to elementary school level retorts now?

Edit: I'm inclined to agree with Silas. As it stand, your opinion holds equal weight with the people you are arguing against. I see no reason to believe either of you over the other when it comes to opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Are we really resorting to elementary school level retorts now?
    If he's going to be idiotic about epistemology, then he'll get idiotic retorts. You get what you earn.

Edit: I'm inclined to agree with Silas. As it stand, your opinion holds equal weight with the people you are arguing against. I see no reason to believe either of you over the other when it comes to opinions.
    I don't really care; I have provided maps and quotes and evidence, they have not.

At the end of the day if you can't distinguish between an educated and well-argued view and pro-Israeli (or even pro-Hamas) hogwash, that's your intellectual problem, not mine. Any rational and intelligent person would at acknowledge I have provided a much stronger case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Show me how that was an idiotic response.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Show me how that was an idiotic response.
    It's just a mindless http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_to_moderation argument. I am against them, therefore we are equally wrong. That's an inherently illogical position.

In addition, saying that pro-Israeli or pro-Palestinian's can't produce facts is classic http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_fallacy.

Deleted
    If he's going to be idiotic about epistemology, then he'll get idiotic retorts. You get what you earn.

I don't really care; I have provided maps and quotes and evidence, they have not.

At the end of the day if you can't distinguish between an educated and well-argued view and pro-Israeli (or even pro-Hamas) hogwash, that's your intellectual problem, not mine. Any rational and intelligent person would at acknowledge I have provided a much stronger case.
    I'm pro Palestinian focused reparations and redistribution of land.

But your "factual" arguments are nothing more than extrapolating information to suit your opinions. Your lack of respect for your opponents is downright disgraceful. And as for your general superior attitude? Well one can make a wonderful argument but if one simply decides to use it to look down on others, it serves no purpose to flatter one's ego.

You're somehow also claiming that I'm idiotic about epistemology. I simply stated that your opinion is just that, an opinion. Your argument culminated in your idea on how to amend the situation in the area. A purely facile solution to the issue. Don't throw around pointless references to concepts like epistemology. That's for coffee shops in bad universities.

10+ Year Old Account
    But your "factual" arguments are nothing more than extrapolating information to suit your opinions.
    Don't be an arrogant jackass. Maybe I saw the facts and created opinions based on them, which is basically what actually happened. If extrapolating information and using it to back up my opinions is wrong, then baby, I don't want to be right.

Your lack of respect for your opponents is downright disgraceful.
    They follow a fundamentally disrespectful and racist view. I don't respect supporters of Nazism either.

And as for your general superior attitude? Well one can make a wonderful argument but if one simply decides to use it to look down on others, it serves no purpose to flatter one's ego.
    Well poo poo. I'm sorry if my anger at people supporting ethnic cleansing has upset your delicate sensibilities. I look down on them because it's inherently malicious and evil to support Israel's policies and actions.

And even then I have at least always engaged in debate and provided evidence for what I believe, while most of them have just been rude and nasty.

You're somehow also claiming that I'm idiotic about epistemology. I simply stated that your opinion is just that, an opinion. Your argument culminated in your idea on how to amend the situation in the area. A purely facile solution to the issue. Don't throw around pointless references to concepts like epistemology. That's for coffee shops in bad universities.
    Then don't say dumb epistemological stuff like "an opinion is just an opinion." It makes you inherently rude and arrogant. That's not how debate or reason works.

Maybe if you attended a coffee shop at a bad university you'd learn that.

You only own what you can defend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Ah, and here lies the ultimate truth of the universe. So simple, yet it says so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    silly zhangfei you wouldnt last in America.... we may not agree with another persons opinion but we wont be disrepctful to the point of saying thier opinion is pointless afterall i believe the saying is "I may not agree with what you say, but i will fight to the death for your right to say it"
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Ah, and here lies the ultimate truth of the universe. So simple, yet it says so much.
    Amen, the man with the biggest stick and the will to use it rules the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    id prefer "you only own what more powerful nations allow you to own" =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    id prefer "you only own what more powerful nations allow you to own" =P
    Israel has convinced America to protect it. That, in itself, is a form of power.

My question to people who are ranting about Israel killing innocent people. Do you know that 1 in 8 rockets fired land inside Gaza. Those rockets that land in Gaza often do damage and kill/wound innocent people? That Hamas claims those as a victim of an Israeli air strike.

How do you feel that the rockets Hamas launch have no general target just large populated areas. That Palestine wants Jerusalem back, yet they launch rockets at Jerusalem.

I'm just really curious as to your thoughts on these facts.