Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Decent gear-build resources?

I've tried just about every gear resource I can come across to adjust gear to mathematically precise numbers, but none seem to work nearly as reliably and well as wow-reforge has worked for me.

Only problem is wow-reforge doesn't touch gems and enchants when coming to these numbers, and with the advent of expertise-to-hit hasn't considered those possibilities either.

Mr.Robot, Reforginator, etc have all been rather unreliable in their algorithms from personal experience (and most don't allow you to predetermine specific stat thresholds to reach), I'm looking for something other than the above to do what wow-reforge does but also taking enchants/gems/and expertise into the algorithm as well.

Of course its probably something obvious that was right in front of my eyes the whole time
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

Wowrefoge takes into account gems and enchanting.
    Cyner#1996

10+ Year Old Account
    Have I honestly not played around with it enough?

Its told me on several occasions that X cap in impossible rather than suggesting I change a gem to reach that cap.

Maybe you are not using the correct numbers or settings, but wowrefoge, askmrrobot, and refogelite take everything in to account when calculating numbers and thresholds.
    Cyner#1996

What's your armory and what caps are you trying to reach?

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply trying to find out if its mathematically better to switch some gems or enchants to allow other reforging options when reaching the same caps I'm at.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post
    Maybe you are not using the correct numbers or settings, but wowrefoge, askmrrobot, and refogelite take everything in to account when calculating numbers and thresholds.
    But wowreforge doesn't change the gems to reach a cap like mrrobot does. Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by SaltLakeAtrocity View Post
    Simply trying to find out if its mathematically better to switch some gems or enchants to allow other reforging options when reaching the same caps I'm at.
    Try using MrRobot then. It should change gems, etc pending what options you choose for reforging, etc.

Edit: Or use Simcraft and manually edit the import file to reflect the changes you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Einomies View Post
    But wowreforge doesn't change the gems to reach a cap like mrrobot does. Am I right?
    Correct, they will not. Overall gemming doesn't really vary. Blue = hit/mastery (or int/hit), yellow = mastery, int/mastery, int/haste, red = int/mastery, int/haste, int.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Correct, they will not. Overall gemming doesn't really vary. Blue = hit/mastery (or int/hit), yellow = mastery, int/mastery, int/haste, red = int/mastery, int/haste, int.
    You are forgetting pure haste gems and haste/hit

You are forgetting pure haste gems and haste/hit
    Meh. Who uses haste gems! Real men go mastery.

SimC combined with ReforgeLite is what you want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Meh. Who uses haste gems! Real men go mastery.
    I do
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pappa/advanced

wtb 4 piece have offset legs, qq.

Quote Originally Posted by Reolac View Post
    SimC combined with ReforgeLite is what you want.
    I definitely lean towards ReforgeLite. Mr. Robot never gives me the right numbers, and I always end up with different values than it says I should have attained (even with full raid buffs).