Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Grinding Honor - Why so damn slow?

Hey guys,

I've dinged 90 on my Hunter yesterday. I decided to level him after I realised they're currently goddamn overpowered. I've been farming honor for a whole day, but it just pains me to see how slow the honor grind goes.

Why is it so slow? I have to wait 6 damn minutes for a random BG queue, and have a 50% of winning the BG. A BG takes an average of 20 minutes, leaving me to 2 BG's per hour. If I win, I get around 250 honor. if I lose, I get around 50 honor. On average, per hour, I'm getting around 300 honor per hour. And that's by playing constantly.

What the hell is the deal with this? I have to farm approximately 30k honor to get the complete Dreadful set. This means I have to do BG's for a whopping hundred fucking hours. WHY IS IT SO SLOW?

Deleted
    Hundred hours is a very extreme exaggeration.. I think it took me about 3-4 days to get both my mage and hunter fully geared, and I was doing other stuff as well not just BGing constantly.

Just do what most other people do, farm it during the night .. while you are sleeping eh eh ?

well it use to be alot slower but idd it is slow especially if you lose. to be honest there are other way's tol barad for example dunno the reward honor at the end think it's 160 or so and hand in the quest and you get another 200. The fastest way in my opinion is doing heroic dungeons and just convert your justice in honor points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lokna View Post
    well it use to be alot slower but idd it is slow especially if you lose. to be honest there are other way's tol barad for example dunno the reward honor at the end think it's 160 or so and hand in the quest and you get another 200. The fastest way in my opinion is doing heroic dungeons and just convert your justice in honor points.
    Tol'Barad victory while defending gives about 600 honor with the quest at 220 with guildperk. It won't take more then 20-25 hours of doing bgs to get full gear if you can get into atleast 3 TB's during that time

Deleted
    300 honor/hour average? Are we talking about lvl 90? Something is wrong here, should be more (around 1k). Are you counting honor for kills? Bonus honor for first win/day? Took me a week to get full honor gear and was fun all the way (ok, getting instagibbed by hunters wasn't, thank god they fixed this).
    Also, 30k needed? More like 22k, there are no honor weapons available.

- some BGs like strand of the ancients often take less than 10 minutes allowing for more than 4 BGs/hour. Choose it if it's on call of arms.
    - try participating, getting kills (sometimes this is playing stupid, zerging instead of defending bases)
    - play arena. Even < 1500 rating it's one conquest item/week. 5-10 wins takes less than an hour in 2v2.
    - if you don't like pvp, stop right now. PvP should be fun, not a gear grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    i love how people cry about this stuff.. they should have seen how it was back in the old days =)

get a group -> win 4 bgs per hour -> ? -> profit

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    i love how people cry about this stuff.. they should have seen how it was back in the old days =)
    Your argument does not make any sense. I've played this game since release. Just because it was better before, does that justify it being terrible now?

Deleted
    If I have time I can cap honor 2-3 times in a single day. You're doing something horribly wrong.

Deleted
    Random bg's ammount to about 950 honor an hour at 40% winrate and queues of not longer than 4 minutes.
    A whole set barring weapons costs 23350 honor -> 26 hours of farming
    -1750 Conquest Points you will get from the wins get you an item extra
    reducing it to exactly 24 hours including an epic piece.

Dreadful is the equivalent of 476 PvE Gear, aquiring a 476 set takes weeks and you get a piece of 483 gear for free
    Last edited by mmoc78c97bc234; 2012-11-18 at 10:49 PM.

Meh...I don't think it took that long. Not to mention my BG Qs are always nearly instant.

What faction are you? I'm alliance and have been getting instant queues on my DK.

Deleted
    So you want to have full honor gear after 1 bg or what?
    Gearing should take time.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    What faction are you? I'm alliance and have been getting instant queues on my DK.
    My last queue took 11 minutes. I'm Horde on EU servers.

11 minute queue, 25 minute WSG (that I lost). Got 113 honor from that BG. That's 113 honor in a total of 36 minutes. All these people saying you can get 1000 honor per hour are exaggerating by insane amounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omgmewmewcat View Post
    My last queue took 11 minutes. I'm Horde on EU servers.

11 minute queue, 25 minute WSG (that I lost). Got 113 honor from that BG. That's 113 honor in a total of 36 minutes. All these people saying you can get 1000 honor per hour are exaggerating by insane amounts.
    My bots make a steady 950 per hour, 650 if i only run av.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane49 View Post
    My bots make a steady 950 per hour, 650 if i only run av.
    Please teach me how to be as cool as you.

Your sample of 1 BG doesn't mean much. Why would anyone exaggerate how much honor they get? First win of the day is already 400+ honor, you geting 113 in half an hour is just unfortunate on your part.

You really never did an honor grind way back when did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Urmydinner View Post
    You really never did an honor grind way back when did you?
    I've been active in all seasons. But again, what does the past have to do with it? I'm complaining about the CURRENT situation. Stay on topic.