Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really if they wanted to make things better in say dungeons they should of made it so you can do as many as you want but can roll only on like 4 items a week no promise you will even get them. At least it lets people farm dungeons and hence make a smooth moving queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    Really if they wanted to make things better in say dungeons they should of made it so you can do as many as you want but can roll only on like 4 items a week no promise you will even get them. At least it lets people farm dungeons and hence make a smooth moving queue.
    Yep. Currently the system will kill the pre 50 queue for pvp and pve.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Mitobunny View Post
    Those are actually pretty normal f2p restrictions to be honest. I think I read something about having to buy UI elements like more action/tool bars....THAT is a little too far imo.
    Yup the quickbar unlock seems a little abusive imo, and xp should have stayed the same, just you get more xp with a subs (like 50% gain or something like that). But preferred status isnt too bad I can acces my 6 already made character on the realm ...so I am happy, I can still use and buy vehicle since I already speeder piloting 3 on my character and I have acces to sprint. The HUGE problem is the quickbar unlock seem a bad idea...maybe its just me but looking at feedback everyone think it went too far.

Don't forget the 5 on-site rez limit. Then you have to buy 5 more for 500 coins. If you don't every time you die questing you have to rez way back at the med center. Seriously this game is worthless without paying for the sub in so many ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    while i was playing this i made.. everything on both sides(only rather high on the sith warr and BH).. except no counsler or scoundrel.. no way in hell i would play if only 2 charr slots

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite part of the game was crew skills when playing, and its limited to only 1, so I uninstalled mine when I read that ><

Quote Originally Posted by Semihage View Post
    Umm because it's only 10 bucks one time fee? Or 15 bucks ONE TIME FEE to get 4 bars on all characters.

15 bucks paid once is a lot different from 15 bucks every month..
    If you don't do the subscription, its $15 for the tool bar unlock, another $$$ for inventory space, another $$$ to unlock quest rewards, $$$ for titles, $$$ for ship cargo inventory, $$$ for even xp and rested xp, $$$ for using purple gear, $$$ to run more than 3 WZ's-FP's-Space missions, $$$ to resurrect, $$$ to do emotes, $$$ for crafting profs, what else am I missing?

Like I said, Bioware stated the #1 reason people quit was because of the subscription costs. So, if its literally a pain to play under the F2P model, what makes Bioware think this will make people decide to resubscribe/subscribe as new?

Another thing, why would I pay real money in unlocks for a game that might not even be possibly around next year? I had 8 toons on my account, I liquidated, deleted 6 of them (I gave away about 1.5 million credits also to people). My SI is 44 right now and its absolutely brutal leveling. I'll be probably level 46 when I am done with Voss. The next area I go to might be near impossible as I'll be 2-3 levels underlevel with no way to earn xp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Semihage View Post
    Umm because it's only 10 bucks one time fee? Or 15 bucks ONE TIME FEE to get 4 bars on all characters.

15 bucks paid once is a lot different from 15 bucks every month..
    Yeah, just a one time 15 buck fee. And then another one time 5-15 buck fee for the next thing, and the next two dozen things. Pretty soon you'll have paid enough one time fees for 1-2 years worth of subscription. Besides, this isn't paying for fluff, vanity, a cool new graphic, new content or even paying for power. This is paying extra for the basic functionality of a game. There are other things that are really out there with the new system, but the quick bar is the main thing everyone is mocking because it's an easy target.

I guess this is an experiment of sorts in how far you can go with a free to play model. If this works for EA, then other companies may follow.

A level 1 world of warcraft axe for $$$. Seriously? They can come up with better stuff than that for a cash shop. Hopefully. Yes, the gamorreans use them, but at least make it a cool laser axe or glow or something.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    F2P was never "really" free.
    No. Really? OHMERGERD

You aren't really getting it. The cash shop is suppose to be populated with convenience and cosmetic items. Not functional purchases.
    That's peoples complaint. This isn't something that suppose to be in there. There should be armor dyes and shit like that.
    Hell, I want them to put addons in their like recount, dbm, gladius, powerauras, auctioneer. They could make a lot of money off things like that. But the action bars thing is just silly.

Ps: The sun was never "really" orbiting the earth.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-11-18 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    No. Really? OHMERGERD

You aren't really getting it. The cash shop is suppose to be populated with convenience and cosmetic items. Not functional purchases.
    That's peoples complaint. This isn't something that suppose to be in there. There should be armor dyes and shit like that.
    Hell, I want them to put addons in their like recount, dbm, gladius, powerauras, auctioneer. They could make a lot of money off things like that. But the action bars thing is just silly.

Ps: The sun was never "really" orbiting the earth.
    It's a lose-lose situation and claiming what a cash shop is "supposed to be" is a quite single-minded approach. God forbid they try something different. Action bars are not a necessity, nor is epic gear, raiding, PVPing, crew skills, etc, etc. The goal isn't to have everyone cancel their subs and let everyone play for absolutely free.

Paying a set amount of money to permanently unlock something can't directly compared to a subscription because different people value different things and play differently. If you don't like to pay piecemeal because you'd spend too much, then maybe a subscription would be a viable upgrade. If a subscription isn't worth it to you either, then don't pay it. You can still log in if you want, but why would you expect to be given anything for free?

People will literally find something to complain about unless they give the entire game away for free.... even then, I'm sure some would still whine about it.

Quote Originally Posted by potaco View Post
    It's a lose-lose situation and claiming what a cash shop is "supposed to be" is a quite single-minded approach. God forbid they try something different.
    Yes, god forbid EA from trying to reinvent the wheel. Please forbid it.

They should be building off the experience of other companies. Not breaking new ground in the wrong direction.

Deleted
    Where can I check the list of restrictions on f2p and preffered status? I'd really like to play it, but with the insane resctrictions I've heard I've changed my mind. So I'd like to check the list out for myself.

its not f2p. its extended trial.
    im out till its f2p

Yes, god forbid EA from trying to reinvent the wheel. Please forbid it.

They should be building off the experience of other companies. Not breaking new ground in the wrong direction.
    /agree.

When I think of a cash shop for SWTOR, I think of really cool things to buy: New armor sets and weapons, vehicles, pets, dyes for armor, custom color crystal, etc. NOT a cash shop for a level 1 axe, ui bars, hide helmet, or gambling bags (where you get a small % to get something cool)

Deleted
    For me one of the more ridiculous restrictions is the "no show helmet" option for 350cp. Its as if BW knows their head pieces suck and charge you to hide them. Surely it should be the other way around?

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 12:30 AM ----------

They should of limited the questing not the amount of WZ and FP you can do a week. Just a huge middle finger to the current subscribers.

There's no defined list of what a cash shop is "supposed" to have. This is your opinion of what it "should" have. I can't think of any other F2P games which limits UI functionality and provides it through means of subscribing/buying it from a cash shop. But I can think of plenty of F2P games provide content otherwise restricted through subscribing/buying it from the cash shop, not merely cosmetic and convenience items.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2012-11-19 at 12:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a bit disappointed the on the basic of level the only 2 characters also applies to all servers together. I wouldn't of minded a 2 per server thing. And the XP issues brought up the only thing I can think of is make sure you do the bonus quests and if you are taking your time on planets do the heroic quests twice.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    There's no defined list of what a cash shop is "supposed" to have.
    There are industry standards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    yes the game is totally free, no need to purchase the original game now.
    no reason to play the game, either