Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntz View Post
    10's would still get equal quality loot, but would need the extra step.

Just a random thought that came into my head, might be terrible.
    Actually one of the better suggestions I've seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntz View Post
    Well, it might not seem like much, but...

With the new ilvl upgrades through valor coming in 5.1, 10mans could drop the current standard item (496 / 509), and 25's could drop the fully upgraded equivalent (504/517). What it would mean is that as a payoff for the extra logistical work of running 25man, you get to avoid the extra work of needing to chain cap valor with dailies every week.

10's would still get equal quality loot, but would need the extra step.

Just a random thought that came into my head, might be terrible.
    I like that, but I would reduce that to maybe one upgraded item per boss. Otherwise the 10 man would start yelling "Better loot!" again. But if is is just one item (and maybe not even a guaranteed drop) why not? At least another nice idea, imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    As said, it's an idea.

But just adding more drops wouldn't be a good idea either. And the stuff I mentioned would at least help the raid somehow, even if it would only mean you don't have to go and farm mats for additional feasts for the next week.

Do you have any other ideas? The one with the choosable loot from the loottable is at least something unique - but if it only has a chance, would it be enough? With bad RNG you would never see it drop. If it would be a guaranteed drop it wouldn't be so "special" anymore.
    How about if that chest is automatically rewarded to the raidleader, regardless of lootsettings? He could then choose to distribute the items or not, but it would signify it is intended as reward for the logistics involved.

Give it a chance to drop pieces for a unique raidleader-transmog-set, and I think it would convince more people to organize 25m guilds.

ETA: The key is to have a reward that is really unique to 25m.
    Last edited by mmoc853b96da04; 2012-11-19 at 12:03 AM.

25's usually gear up pretty quickly (more chances for MS and OS gear. Less waste) Many 10 man guilds shard a lot of gear. Imo anyway.

So the 6th piece idea isn't very favourable and it would encourage people just to make a 25 man for the sake of it.

As another poster said, Bribing 25 man's is pretty sad =(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 08nolanni View Post
    As another poster said, Bribing 25 man's is pretty sad =(
    No, the goal is to bribe people to officer a 25m guild.

There are enough people who want to join a 25m guild with equal progress, the problem is finding people who want to organize them.

And that's the problem. I've been an officer in a 25 man realm first raiding guild. It's not a fun thing to do. I now am a heroic 10 man raider and would never ever go back to 25s because the majority of the 25s are filled with people who just show up and I'd end up being pushed into a more active role just by my personality (which is that of analyzing, leading, etc).

In our 10 man, we have 13 people on roster. 5 of them have been officers/raidleaders in heroic-mode (or equivalent) 25 mans, and would never go back to 25 mans ever. The people in our raid who sometimes wish for 25 man raids have never had the experience of having a leadership role in a 25 man guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Offering a reward kinda seems like saying "There are two raid formats, we consider one superior and bribe you to do it".

I don't understand why people keep insisting that 25 man raiding must be "saved". We are talking about a game, a hobby, a nice way to pass the time. Play it as you like it. Apparently of the world best 20 guilds, the majority thinks 25 man work better. Beyond that, more and more favor 10 mans.
    Not everyone is doing 10s because they prefer them but because so many 25 guilds have disbanded or gone 10 man. It's very difficult to find a 25 man guild if your hours are at all unusual which was never a problem before Cataclysm. It's not because we favour 10 mans, it's because it's 10 mans or nothing - 'play it as you like it' isn't actually an option.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    And that's the problem. I've been an officer in a 25 man realm first raiding guild. It's not a fun thing to do. I now am a heroic 10 man raider and would never ever go back to 25s because the majority of the 25s are filled with people who just show up and I'd end up being pushed into a more active role just by my personality (which is that of analyzing, leading, etc).

In our 10 man, we have 13 people on roster. 5 of them have been officers/raidleaders in heroic-mode (or equivalent) 25 mans, and would never go back to 25 mans ever. The people in our raid who sometimes wish for 25 man raids have never had the experience of having a leadership role in a 25 man guild.
    I've been an officer in a heroic mode 25 man guild, and would go back to 25s in a heartbeat.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scadouche View Post
    This seems like an idea which could be tweaked to work.

Also I will post this on US forum with credits going to you.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...28379?page=1#0

No.

I disagree. The logistics is where the main issue lies.

That means either the rewards should go to raid leaders, tool sput in place to ease their burden, or both.

Rewards SHOULD be something special.....but should also not be soemthignt hat directly or indirectly rewards someone else. Extar gear isn't suitable, IMO, becaus then the RL can just skip so someone else gets gear he would have gotten.

What would be suitable?

Transmog Commanders Armor.
    A dedicated title.
    Extra VP so he can buy his own gear sooner
    A chest containing various potions or flasks.

Or - how about making his life easier?

Access to a toolkit that mimcs AVR for example,
    Or how about the ability to hire mercs....assuming loot issues can be dealt with (e.g. there may be chance mercs can win loot that would nomally go to the raid).

EJL

Deleted
    LFR proves that people above all value loot.
    Since LFR is the most popular, and then 10 man and finally 25 and only for a very negligible minority, it makes it quite obvious that 25 is atm the hardest way to get the loot.

And what we re arguing about here is that loot should stay the same so people can continue doing 10 so they can get their loot with less hassle.

Thats all there is really.

Offering a reward kinda seems like saying "There are two raid formats, we consider one superior and bribe you to do it".

I don't understand why people keep insisting that 25 man raiding must be "saved". We are talking about a game, a hobby, a nice way to pass the time. Play it as you like it. Apparently of the world best 20 guilds, the majority thinks 25 man work better. Beyond that, more and more favor 10 mans.
    Perhaps the OP wants to raid 25 man, but feels his time is being wasted as 10 is faster and more convenient? Also world top guilds have been 25 mans for years, perhaps they are just maintaining their roster?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    And when they announced those horrible changes there is no way to have missed like few hundred posts telling them EXCACTLY what will happen if they go through with them.
    They didn't. They even commented on the issue.

1) Leave things as they are----> see more people abandoning raids and just do LFR till they drop dead and discontinue from boredom.
    Players will do 10s because 10s offer better gear

2) Change things to make 25s viable -----> Enjoy the angry mob, no offence 10 man lovers that will start yelling "unfair!!!"
    Leaving aside the logistics issues, 25s are viable. The problem is so many guilds have transitioned to 10s already so it'll likely be more difficult to get them back.

3) Delete both and make one size ---->have the fanatics of both sizes yelling, although this would have been the best thing for the majority of the raiding player base.
    But you would have both sides arguing, unless you made 10s the default size. Which wouldn't be perfect, but which would be acceptable.

They screwed raiding for so many people from the begining of cataclysm
    And fixed it for so many others.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2012-11-19 at 02:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    Perhaps the OP wants to raid 25 man, but feels his time is being wasted as 10 is faster and more convenient? Also world top guilds have been 25 mans for years, perhaps they are just maintaining their roster?
    For reference, I am raiding 25 man at the moment. Not that successfull, but I am happy. This thread is more about what Blizzard themself said.

They said time and time again that they want to reward the additional difficulty of organizing a 25 man raid compared to a 10 man raid. But they haven't really done anything in that direction yet. This thread is just a suggestion what could be done. And imo just an additional piece of loot isn't the right way. But others have already given some nice ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    LFR proves that people above all value loot.
    Since LFR is the most popular, and then 10 man and finally 25 and only for a very negligible minority, it makes it quite obvious that 25 is atm the hardest way to get the loot.

And what we re arguing about here is that loot should stay the same so people can continue doing 10 so they can get their loot with less hassle.
    How is 25 man the hardest way to get loot? 25 man raids have a far easier time to equip people. 25 man drops more loot, especially tokens. More people have the chance to get loot via coins -> even more people have good loot. Whereas in 10 man you often get loot that gets disenchanted, you usually don't have that problem in 25 man.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    Well yes, a lot of the onus is on the raid leader(s), can't disagree with you there. But there is also the patience of the raiders that should be rewarded.
    No. It shouldn't. There is no reasons you should be rewarded for simply standing around chatting in /2 or guildchat.

Of course, this has the drawback of making people run again to get another shot at gear, but I feel it would be less pressing than if 25s dropped better gear. If anyone can come up with an incentive for 25s that doesn't have drawbacks, I'd be impressed.
    There isn't one. If you incentivise 25s for each player to the point that they want to do it, then by defintion you kill 10s.

Separate lockouts would work - but you would need to go to a different looting system to prevent abuse. Its a less severe issue than rolling twice, so maybe.....

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    More loot.
    Customizable loot as in 5 items out of 6 are still random but that 6th item you choose directly from the loot table.

Because let's be honest, anything not related to loot would just not work anyway.
    u should work for blizzard :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    How is 25 man the hardest way to get loot? 25 man raids have a far easier time to equip people. 25 man drops more loot, especially tokens. More people have the chance to get loot via coins -> even more people have good loot. Whereas in 10 man you often get loot that gets disenchanted, you usually don't have that problem in 25 man.
    Because 25s spend so much more time talking about tactics and dividing up loot, they take longer to kill a boss because all that time talking adds up.
    25s also tend to have a lower skill level when compare with the top 10 players so, as a group, they take longer than those 10 players would if they went alone.

As such 25s take a longer time to progress through the bosses. As a result, the top players don't gear up as quickly as they would if they split off. In effect, they gear up only as quickly as the least skilled players can progress and since it is easier to skew the skill level in your favor in 10s, 25s gear slower.

EJL

In all honesty the only thing that would really give people more incentive to do 25man over 10 is higher quality loot.

But that itself causes its own problems - having one raid setting giving better rewards than the other screws over people who don't/aren't able to do it. If they share lockouts it pisses on 10man guilds, likely forcing people to leave their guilds and join 25man guilds instead, even if they dont like 25s. If they dont share lockouts it still pisses on 10man guilds because they will feel compelled to pug 25s or be left behind in the dirt.

At the end of the day the only two options are this:
    1) Give 25mans some meager extra rewards like additional loot and hope that enough people just prefer to do it.
    2) Put different quality loot in different settings and suffer the same issues that WotLK had.

Unless you want to screw over alot of people it seems the only real option is just to add some minor bonuses to 25mans and hope that's enough to keep them alive.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2012-11-19 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiphon View Post
    No, the goal is to bribe people to officer a 25m guild.

There are enough people who want to join a 25m guild with equal progress, the problem is finding people who want to organize them.
    And here you assume the 25 man guild has equal progress. Which it most likely won't. This is because in most situations, the raid leader could take the 10 best players and progress MORE on 10 man then they can in 25. Just as written in the blue post.

Deleted
    Extra Pieces of loot is not going to help 25 mans become on equal standing with 10 mans in popularity or desire to raid, and you know why not ?
    Because the same stuff drops in the same instance in 10 mans. The majority of people will take the route of least resistance.

Why should someone join a 25 man raid, when they can get the exact same loot in a 10 man guild and probably get it quicker due to less people rolling on on items, or above them in what ever priority system is employed by the guild ?

There is only one real solution to the situation besides changing format to a 15 man size. That is go back to the WOTLK style of set ups.
    No its not ideal due to many guilds feeling like they are forced to go to 25 man for better gear but it worked, there was a good amount of both 10 and 25 man guilds.

This is exactly what I think as well.

Rewarding with extra loot just means 25s progress faster (they already do, due to more loot = less RNG victims).
    The only reward should be the epic feeling of accomplishing something as a big group of pepole. If you lead it, the reward is even bigger. I still miss that feeling.