Poll: Should reputations become BoA?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I would rather have reputations removed and replaced with another form of progression than have them simplified to the point where they have no lore basis, no roleplay value, and are simply bars to fill up.

Making them completely BoA would be a move towards this in my opinion.

I also believe that if you want to have another character that has just as much stuff as your main, you should have to do at least ~75% of the work you did on your main to get to that point. An alt should be another character and offer you more things you need to do to progress. If you start an alt and just have 100% of everything, that's removing a lot of the gameplay of having an alt, and the reason people make alts in the first place. Generally because they are bored and want more to do. If you remove all of the progression from alts, what will rolling another character add to your experience besides a different rotation to do?
    Last edited by neccowafer; 2012-11-18 at 10:21 PM.

No. The current mechanic they're adding to double reputation gain after one character is revered is good enough.

You have to draw the line on BoA stuff at some point. Eventually, you're only really playing one character.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Depends alot which ones we are talking about. Would personally love a tabard thats boa which could be bought once you were exalted with one character on one or all reputations.
    Yes, please.

I'm honestly just waiting until Blizzard overhauls their reputation system a 10th time and make it like this. This is the best solution for reputations.

Deleted
    No.

Double rep at revered is more than enough, the only problem is that currently people seem to think they need all reps to exalted asap to gear up, simply not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by DannathGR View Post
    They need to include the lesser coins with 5mans or something too.
    Yeah, no.

The problem with tabards was that they gave you everything from simply sitting and spamming dungeons from org, you can't have EVERYTHING earned from 5mans. If you're not willing to put in an a bit of extra work outside of raids, you don't deserve your extra loot rolls - flasks are already just about free, consider coins the replacement.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2012-11-18 at 10:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Curious what you think I myself am mixed, I see the pros and cons
    Worked very well in EQ2. Players then could concentrate on playing their toons, instead.

Going from -100,000 rep to +100,000 rep @ 250 points a pop per toon got old quick.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Yes, but they would have to make it so you can earn rep from dailies for that faction once a day for all toons. Unless they want people plowing through rep

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 10:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DannathGR View Post
    They need to include the lesser coins with 5mans or something too.
    Get rid of the coins imo

give tabards back! and i do not care if it will be boa or not boa.
    Aldoraan Ret Pally since 2.4

Outland - love forever

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    I like very much dailies and reputations in general. On my main.
    Never on earth I'm going to grind both on my alts, so I support this idea as much as I support dailies for mains.
    Pretty much this, I would never ever farm 70 reps to exalted on my alt but I enjoyed doing so on my main. I will never do dailies on my alts as I feel like I've already earned being exalted and should not do the work again to gain something I already should have.

Deleted
    I think they should leave it as it is, now. I consider myself a 'casual' in the sense that I don't raid except occasional LFR for a bit of excitement. I usually just dungeon and RP. Used to PvP alot but it got boring for me, but I personally loved doing the dailies. I'm Pandaren Ambassador on my main now and not planning on starting on my alts anytime soon. But why should I? I get perfectly fine gear from Dungeons anyways, craftables and such. Most raid guild announcements seems to be looking for people with iLevels lower than my alts or above so evidently, Rep gear is not a requirement it's a bonus.

I'm not planning on grinding rep on an alt anytime soon, as said, but honestly? I feel it's a bit devalued by the 5.1 change. Although I suppose I can be diplomatic, meet the vocal minority half way, bend my head and accept it'll be close to cakewalk getting exalted and just be proud I got there before that implementation.

Everybody should get access to everything eventually is the stand it seems. And it's a fine stand, I can support that. I just know it does'nt take a fortuneteller to let you know 3 months from now, 5.1 still being 'fresh' we're hearing "Nothing to do! WTF Blizz?!" and that sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Yes, but only when you hit max exalted, and only for old non-pvp global factions that don't have a choice opposite faction.

OK: Cenarion Circle, Brood of Nozdormu, Ashtongue Deathsworn, Ashen Verdict
    Since the primary benefit is buying old raid gear or Mounts and pets, which are account wide now.

Not Ok Bloodsail Buccaneers, Steamwheedle Cartel, Silverwing Sentinels, Frostwolf Clan, The Aldor, The Scryers
    Since these can cause issues on characters, also it can be a way to avoid the requirements for certain achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Yes, but only when you hit max exalted
    Yes i agree with that. It would be a good compromise. Lucky coins should definitely be BoA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be happy if they just make receptes Boa. Griding 20 days just too get a bag recepte is insanity.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I honestly thought exalted factions would be the first to be put into account wide. But only the exalted factions counting towards the overall total. You still wouldn't have been able to actually go an exalted faction on another character that doesn't have it and buy items from whatever vendor. At least that's what I thought would happen, but nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    i fail to see why i can ge the achievement (assuming there is one) for a certain faction at exhalted that shows up accoutn wide, yet i am restricted to buying the rewards for that faction on the character that has obtained the rep, it is another one of the half assed things blizz has done, account wide achievements? sure, but there's a catch, it has to be all or nothing, there are multiple other examples but that is the one that springs to mind easiest atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldoran View Post
    give tabards back! and i do not care if it will be boa or not boa.
    BC didn't have tabards you could throw on and grind factions to exalted. Then again many of the factions you could just jump into a dungeon and grind all the way to exalted. So it was basically the same thing, but without a tabard needed.

15+ Year Old Account
    straight up No, stop being lazy
    Last edited by soulyouth; 2012-11-19 at 02:46 AM.
    Sig by Safhira

I don't think that rep should be 'BoA', but I also don't think that something as extremely important as *all* valor rewards should not be gated behind rep. My 5th char is working its way to 90 now. There's no way it's going to be able to get more than a couple of 'honored'-level valor items before it gets stuck at the 3000/3000... just like my other alts.

I like playing many parts of the game (as should be obvious from my ability to not only level this many chars to the cap, but also cap them out on valor), dailies is not one of them... so I don't get to spend my valor points. That is bullshit.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    I would be happy if they just make receptes Boa. Griding 20 days just too get a bag recepte is insanity.
    My guild tailor agrees wholeheartedly with you! Infact, he thinks you're SO right that he encourages you and anyone else who'd look to craft that bag to NOT do it! He proposes you all organize a strike so you'll be idl-- err, busy protesting yout righteous views! (Note: This has NOTHING to do with the fact he's making a FORTUNE of those bags and would appreciate less competition. He claims to have made over 200k so far and still going strong even with prices dropping fast as more and more people aquire it! NOTHING to do with that AT ALL!)

Seriously though. Any tailor who'd played it smart would've done what he did. He's made a fortune simply by selling those bags for insane profits. Huh, I guess you WERE right! You have to be insane. Insane NOT to have been fast and smart about it :P

Deleted
    Here's what I'd like: Once you get a new reputation level on 1 character, you'll get it on all of them, so once I hit friendly on my main, all my characters go to Friendly, but they'd all have their individual progress to Honored, until one of them gets Honored - then all of them go to 0/12000 Honored as well. This would stop you from 'stacking' dailies on as many chars as possible for Exalted in days instead of weeks, but still give you the benefits of Honored/Revered/Exalted for all characters.
    I doubt Blizzard will deviate from their current plans for 5.1, but what do you guys think about this idea? ^^