Poll: Which rare do you find the most challenging?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    By themselves, the only tough rare I've encountered are mantid. Nothing else has given me much issue. I'm really surprised to see so many say Pandaren.

as a mage i find all of them eually easy tbh. But if i had to pick a hardest one, id probobly choose panda.

10+ Year Old Account
    The title could say hardest to solo. If I ever find one that I know is going to be a bit annoying, I just invite someone I know and we take it down together and both get credit for the kill for the achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by shoooter View Post
    If you have a stun and an interrupt they're all pretty easy, but my vote is Saurok since I sometimes having trouble catching him in time after he disappears.
    If you miss your aoe to bring them out of stealth, if you stay out of the general area but dont move too far, they will break it on their own to engage you as opposed to resetting. Nessos sometimes bugs himself out getting stuck on rocks in the water, he can do this even when he's not stealthed, but the others always come back. Been a while since I'd had to range them to avoid their backstab, spamming AoE as soon as they vanish takes them out immediately.

Deleted
    As a mage I've never really had any problems with rares. But if I had to name the hardest rare type it'd probably be Jinyu.

I don't get why so many people find Pandaren hard to kill...As long as your class has one single interrupt with ~25s CD or lower it's piece of cake. Don't get hit by spinning crane kick and interrupt the heal, tadah. You can even tank their melee hits as cloth user.
    Last edited by mmocb3196d46fe; 2012-11-07 at 12:18 AM.

The Mantid have been giving me issues simply because, whilst I appear to be stood behind them, Blade Flurry is still hitting me. It's weird because I don't have an issue dodging the Mogu Warrior's similar attack.

I've taken to just running away from them rather than through.

Quote Originally Posted by Friyn View Post
    As a mage I've never really had any problems with rares. But if I had to name the hardest rare type it'd probably be Jinyu.

I don't get why so many people find Pandaren hard to kill...As long as your class has one single interrupt with ~25s CD or lower it's piece of cake. Don't get hit by spinning crane kick and interrupt the heal, tadah. You can even tank their melee hits as cloth user.
    Hardest is relative, I think they're all easy as well, but still something's gotta be hardest.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a hunter, the stupid pandas that heal. I use all my interupts, and a 10 min fight still can't kill them. I did by chance kill one. But since then have to bail out every time.

I play a feral druid. With Skull Bash and Maim, nothing that a rare can dish out isn't counterable. That said, encounter difficulty isn't just about the mob's abilities, the environment is critical. The toughest rares I've fought are the ones surrounded by elite mobs, or the ones in confined spaces without much room to maneuver. Hozen in caves are downright nasty. Ik-Ik the Nimble is the one that has given me the most trouble thus far, though the Mogu warrior in Townlong and the Mogu sorceror in Kun-Lai are close runners-up.

Most of them are a pain for me as i'm melee, but i can manage. All in dread wastes are super easy because 1 killing spree almost kills them with the Unstable buff. Farming lot's of rares, done with about 50% and i love the items they give. Especially Scritch, thank you.

The only ones giving me problems as ret are Sauroks. I have been randomly "oneshotted" by a smoked blade hitting twice after they vanish.

so far for me as melee its been pandas, I dont have a ton of em down but those have always been an issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friyn View Post
    You can even tank their melee hits as cloth user.
    That's far from the truth. As mage I have no issues with any of their special abilities, but with their regular melee hits.
    The Vale/DW rares melee auto-attacks forced me to use Invis to abort and reset the fights countless times because it's impossible to tank that. Even the Mogu Sorcerer's Shadow Bolt hits like a truck, 90k+, and that's with Mage Armor's 35% reduction.
    Mages are the only class with absolutely no self-heals, Ice Barrier barely lasts one hit, and not even that after the 5.1 nerf to it. And Mage DPS is generally low anyway due to the nature of the (lack of) AM procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    That's far from the truth. As mage I have no issues with any of their special abilities, but with their regular melee hits.
    The Vale/DW rares melee auto-attacks forced me to use Invis to abort and reset the fights countless times because it's impossible to tank that. Even the Mogu Sorcerer's Shadow Bolt hits like a truck, 90k+, and that's with Mage Armor's 35% reduction.
    Mages are the only class with absolutely no self-heals, Ice Barrier barely lasts one hit, and not even that after the 5.1 nerf to it. And Mage DPS is generally low anyway due to the nature of the (lack of) AM procs.
    I have no idea what you are doing if you cant kill rares with your mage. Frost mages are so easy to solo with it's ridicoulus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabaken View Post
    I have no idea what you are doing if you cant kill rares with your mage. Frost mages are so easy to solo with it's ridicoulus.
    Try it as Arcane. Besides it's not that I can't kill them, as I can just keep kiting them (non-Pandas) with Ice Lances/Arcane Barrages, but it takes ages that way.
    High-end Pandarens like Ai-Li and Ai-Ran are undoable as Arcane due to the sheer auto-attack melee dps they output.

For me, as feral/guardian druid, the most annoying ones are Mantids or Hozen. Many people vote panda, but with 3 interrupts, they are no problem for me.
    I voted Mantid, because blinking at the wrong moment seems pretty deadly with 150k blade flurry hits. Tornado can also be annoying if you don't have too much space to move around, or other mobs in the vicinity.

The Hozen's Going Bananas is also very annoying, but I consider it easier for me, coz it has a higher chance to miss and I can just root the mob, which usually lasts for the whole duration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Naners is horrible... and the spirit release sucks
    Real Paladins Do It with Crusader

I think the rares' difficulty is supposed to be relative to the class you play. When I was leveling my warlock and my ret pally each had different strengths and weaknesses to different types of rares. These days though at least on my lock I can easily take down every rare with no problem.

Jinyu: voidlord tank, soul link up, nuke away health
    Mogu warrior: voidlord tank, soul link up, nuke away health
    Mogu sorceror: voidlord tank, soul link up, nuke away health
    Mantid: voidlord tank, soul link up, nuke away health
    Saurok: voidlord tank, soul link up, nuke away health
    Hozen: voidlord tank, soul link up, nuke away health, and if I happen to be specced into shadowfury I use that to interrupt going bananas. Specifically on Major Nanners I will land on the hill just south of the pond in vale, pull him back to the pond and have my voidlord tank him in the pond.
    Yaungol: voidlord tank, soul link up, nuke away health
    Pandaren: this one has been the trickiest for me, but I just have my felhunter tank it with soul link up and only spam drain life on the pandaren to keep my threat below the FH. After I get it to about 70-80% I'll throw up all my dots and work it down until I'm about to pull threat then shatter and finish it off. With soul link and drain life he can easily soak a full spinning crane kick and barely ever drop below full hp. FH's spell lock is off CD every time healing mists comes up, and I think it's a 24 sec CD.

Found a lvl 87 pandaren rare on my 88 hunter yesterday. Haven't had any problems at all with them on my dk so didn't think twice of it, but holy sh-t, it was tough. Silencing shot didn't seem to count as an interrupt on him so he'd just start casting his heal again as soon as the silence wore off. I could delay with pet stun and scatter until the next spinning crane kick, but then I'd be out of CDs and a heal would go off. Had widow venom up but it's still ~30% hp. Got him down eventually, took a good while though. Any other hunters noticed this silencing shot not properly interrupting?

Galleon :trollface: