Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've grown found of bunkering down with an LMG /w Target Finder and I do well *shrug*, although this is usually on Domination.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I'd also like to say that I really can't agree with people who dislike the campaign. I went into this expecting it to be bad and am fully surprised at how decent it is.

You can completely adjust a loadout before the launching of missions which is awesome.

I read somewhere (maybe in this thread) that this game lacks that wow factor of edgy content like MW2 and Blops had and I disagree. Within the first 2 stages there are massacres and executions right in front of you. I guess a desensitized group like us doesn't think that's edgy enough anymore. We need like children being eaten by wolves while we stab hookers we're fucking and even then we would yawn.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, I just can't get past the poor graphics on consoles. It is getting to the point of hurting my eyes. Things are extremely blocky at a distance. I feel like I'm sniping people in minecraft...

Its a major difference compared to Halo 4. I was impressed with the evolution of Halo 4 compared to other games... Black Ops 2 was obviously rushed and didn't even get a graphical update. I feel as if Black Ops 1 is still more impressive graphically wise (and gameplay).

Deleted

Clearly shows how fucked up this game is these days. your gun is pointing atleast 2 meters of and you still get the kill.
    Consoles ruined the good PC games where accuracy ment something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did that guy really just hip fire someone across the map......? :/

I don't see any problems in that video. Those ranges called close or mid range at best. Did you noticed he's not getting any long range medal well because its not long range or across the map or smt like that. There is no way SMG beats assault or light machine in long range unless AR or LM wielder so bad at aiming.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I don't see any problems in that video. Those ranges called close or mid range at best. Did you noticed he's not getting any long range medal well because its not long range or across the map or smt like that. There is no way SMG beats assault or light machine in long range unless AR or LM wielder so bad at aiming.
    Correct. If you're past mid range the odds of beating an LMG or AR are bad especially if they are at least partially capable of ADSing. Hipfire long range works though for SMGs because I pulled it off last night. It takes an above average amount of rounds to actually land and honestly if you just ADS you could get a better ttk from long range but it works in a pinch.

I was going to post my 38 and 4 video of me using Vector (laser/long barrel) hip fire the entire time but it's so damn cheesy. I might just toss it up to prove how unbalanced it really is.

One last thing and I think I might regret telling people this but it's too good to harbor all on my own -

Scavenger refills lethal and tactical slots........
    That means mines refill.
    That means Black Hat Hackers refill.
    That means stun sticks refill.

Black Hat Hacker, Scavenger and Engineer = Most fun I have ever had in COD. I just imagine people's faces IRL when their own mines blow them the fuck up. I'm quite sure I have made someone poop themselves already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Don't lie. I put the Primary Gunfighter wildcard on to equip 3 attachments to my primary weapon. PDW-57 with reflex, Fore grip and a long barrel, I was pretty much sniping people. SMG's do need a massive nerf. I feel im forced to use one because they are good in almost every situation I find myself in. When I feel forced to use a specific kind of weapon, the game design is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Don't lie. I put the Primary Gunfighter wildcard on to equip 3 attachments to my primary weapon. PDW-57 with reflex, Fore grip and a long barrel, I was pretty much sniping people. SMG's do need a massive nerf. I feel im forced to use one because they are good in almost every situation I find myself in. When I feel forced to use a specific kind of weapon, the game design is wrong.
    While I agree that SMGs are too powerful and need a nerf you are not forced to use them. I do completely fine with the FAL, KSG, SMR, 5-7 or hell, even knifing. SMGs are a crutch and that's that. If you feel you need to use one to compete then perhaps you do but it is not necessary to win.

To be clear: They are too powerful to the point that they make bad/average players decent enough to kill someone better than them and they are also too powerful that they become just murderous machines in the hands of a veteran player abusing the ease and power of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    While I agree that SMGs are too powerful and need a nerf you are not forced to use them. I do completely fine with the FAL, KSG, SMR, 5-7 or hell, even knifing. SMGs are a crutch and that's that. If you feel you need to use one to compete then perhaps you do but it is not necessary to win.

To be clear: They are too powerful to the point that they make bad/average players decent enough to kill someone better than them and they are also too powerful that they become just murderous machines in the hands of a veteran player abusing the ease and power of it.
    All assault rifles suck in CQB. I tried getting use to the MTAR but everytime I would get a small killstreak going, someone would pop in my face with an SMG and I was pretty much powerless at that point. Why use an assault rifle when SMGs are just as good in range, dmg can be the same but you move faster and ADS faster? Assault rifles make absolutely no sense, and this isn't helped by the maps been quiet tight either, there's a few with open spaces like turbine but the flanks down the sides are where the heavy traffic is, and guess what. SMG users.

CoD has never got SMGs right. Remember ak74u in cod4? the UMP45 in Mw2? AK74-u in black ops? (pre-nerf), PP90M1 and Mp7 in Mw3? and now PDW-57 in blops 2.

Only once do i remember an overpowered assault rifle, and that was the ACR from mw2.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2012-11-19 at 03:08 PM.

All assault rifles suck in CQB. I tried getting use to the MTAR but everytime I would get a small killstreak going, someone would pop in my face with an SMG and I was pretty much powerless at that point. Why use an assault rifle when SMGs are just as good in range, dmg can be the same but you move faster and ADS faster? Assault rifles make absolutely no sense, and this isn't helped by the maps been quiet tight either, there's a few with open spaces like turbine but the flanks down the sides are where the heavy traffic is, and guess what. SMG users.

CoD has never got SMGs right. Remember ak74u in cod4? the UMP45 in Mw2? AK74-u in black ops? (pre-nerf), PP90M1 and Mp7 in Mw3? and now PDW-57 in blops 2.

Only once do i remember an overpowered assault rifle, and that was the ACR from mw2.
    I do remember all those weapons because I died to them a lot. COD has failed at SMGs since ever I agree but that just solidifies my point even further. While they are powerful, you can still use other weapons and do great. In MW1 I used the M16, in W@W I used the AK, in MW2 I used the ACR (lol), in Blops I used the FAMAS, in MW3 I used the ACR and in Blops 2 I'm using a ton of weapons right now.

Again, I'm not denying the strength of the SMG. It's just broken in both new and vet hands. A lot of the maps have CQC so they can look crazy good. Couple that with the fact that everyone is using them (so it's the number one thing you die to) and you have tons of people jumping in that bandwagon.

But guess what? That is the cool part about COD that I have always enjoyed - you can try and fight the masses by finding a way to beat them. FAL/SMR in close/med/long range is a 1-2 HTK. KSG is a 1-2 HTK at a stupid long range. Etc etc. On top of that, if the other team is just a bunch of run and gun SMG players, switch up your style. Play cautiously, switch to "camping" type equipment and perks and use a circle camping strategy (rotating between multiple key hot spots, knowing enemy locations with UAV/Fire fights and playing smart not fast). It works, there is a counter to everything in this game and right now SMGs are supr popular because of their ease of TTK so counter it when it becomes overwhelmingly annoying.

PS - Vector > PDW57 all day urry day.

Those equipments do not make SMGs as much deadly from range as AR. The problem is maps encourage close combats.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-19 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Spot on. I agree wholeheartedly that the maps are the shining star in this installment. I thoroughly enjoy the nooks and crannies and back routes to avoid choke spots.

Enjoyed myself the most last night just knifing again. Here is just one map I played and scored 27/5 with all knives.

The knife builds look like so much fun! I need to try this tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by bejii View Post
    The knife builds look like so much fun! I need to try this tonight!
    It is super fun especially in Yemen and maps of that sort with lots of routes and nooks to dip into.

It's becoming increasingly more difficult though because I find a lot of people actually doing it now. Nothing more silly than 3 or 4 people per side just running around never finding each other and then determining the kill off of ping advantage on the swing of the knife.

It's still super fun though and I have to do it all over again to get gold unlocked on Ballistic Knife... yay...

Double XP weekend is official over. That means Nuketown 2025 / 24-7 is as well. I know. RIGHT? Don't kill the messenger. Nuketown 2025 / 24-7 will be back for special events. You can always play it with your friends in Custom Games.
    I just don't...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdecker View Post
    I just don't...
    This is something I don't even understand! Why even do this?

WTB Player controlled dedicated servers!

On the flip side, some cool news -

Treyarch's antihacking technology (TAH) and (VAC) are working rather rapidly this time around. Checking the rounds of the hacker type forums is revealing nothing but fear and distress for the current hacks available! This is great news. I just read this morning that one of the major hack creators for the COD series is refusing to make one for Blops2
    "Due to the increased security in the game with TAC (Treyarch Anti-Cheat) and possibly VAC, do not expect an external hack to come from me. I'm not going to waste my time and money developing a hack if there is a higher chance of getting banned this time round, nor do I want a "ban(s) on record" message appearing on my profile.
    That is double awesome news. #1 The hacks are being found already. #2 Hackers aren't willing to make publicly free hacks due to #1. And to be honest I've only seen one hacker to date which is about 75% less than most COD games.

So, getting the game tomorrow...how is it guys? Better or worse than MW3? Better than black ops 1? I thought blops 1 was pretty shitty in the grand scheme of things. I LOVED MW2 though, that game was fucking amazing. Is blops 2 comparable? How's sniping? Sorry for all the questions, just so psyched to get my hands on an fps after months without playing thanks to college.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    So, getting the game tomorrow...how is it guys? Better or worse than MW3? Better than black ops 1? I thought blops 1 was pretty shitty in the grand scheme of things. I LOVED MW2 though, that game was fucking amazing. Is blops 2 comparable? How's sniping? Sorry for all the questions, just so psyched to get my hands on an fps after months without playing thanks to college.
    Well read this response with a grain of salt and understand that I find the best in most games I play. Also, this is all obviously my opinion so take it as such.

First, it's better than Blops1 and it's different from MW3. MW3 for me was one of the least favorite installments to date with MW1 being one of the strongest.
    Second, it's more like MW2 and Blops1 had a child and the baby is Blops2. There are similarities from both and that isn't a bad thing.
    Finally, sniping is back with a vengeance mainly due to quick scope. The down falls being that Ghost is a max level unlock and you have to be moving for it to hide you from UAV. The game is strongly based on anti camping so as long as you don't live for holding up in one spot all map you'll get over it.

All in all you should drop back through the last few pages of this thread and read some of the posts to get a feel on what others think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    The game play IMO is incredible, but they just removed a map that people PAID for.. way to work up a bad reputation. The other maps are pretty sweet and fun to play. About sniping, I don't do it personally but in every game there's 1000001 snipers so it cant really be that bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I just had my first game against a hacker in ground war.... ruined my 39-4 score.. ended with 49-16.. aimbot and shotting through walls and shit.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.