Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquan View Post
    I don't know how you deal with it. I've only just recently finished downloading the game as of last Thursday. Got to play for approx. a day and a half before SWTOR basically decided for me that my time playing the game would be cut short, thanks to this error that restricts me from getting a character past 15. It's a joke.
    I gave AoC a shot after I read how supposingly well it had become. After installing I spent days to fix their launcher only to download the frigging patch content.
    I tried playing Diablo 2 LoD a while back, didn't have any CD's anymore and didn't know that you just can go and download it from their website so I bought the CD's and guess what... failure message when I tried to install LoD.....
    I played SOE games for over 8 years... that puts a aluminium hat on your head and you become resistent to most stuff going on in any MMO including down time etc. .

As for the restriction of the Actionbars.... for new Player only leveling, nobody can tell me that you "require" more than two actionbars to play effectively. If you raid/ pvp it can be harder to coop but not impossible.

I have a shorter guide:

1) Play the game as long as you can stand for the f2p experience. Save your credits.
    2) Subscribe for a month
    3) Make as much credits as you can
    4) Unlock inventory legacy stuff etc via credits.
    5) Buy unlocks from other players using credits .
    6) Create 10 more characters.
    7) Play as a preferred status player with lots of unlocks after your subscription ends.

Note: You may want to subscribe after additional character slots via cartel coins become available.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odegon View Post
    I have a shorter guide:

1) Play the game as long as you can stand for the f2p experience. Save your credits.
    2) Subscribe for a month
    3) Make as much credits as you can
    4) Unlock inventory legacy stuff etc via credits.
    5) Buy unlocks from other players using credits .
    6) Create 10 more characters.
    7) Play as a preferred status player with lots of unlocks after your subscription ends.

Note: You may want to subscribe after additional character slots via cartel coins become available.
    So you can 100 percent sell unlocks on the GTN? I haven't bought any unlocks since I'm subscribed, but this is 'kinda' like being able to earn unlocks in game. The only caveat being that not many people will devalue their stipend so much. F2P has a very low cap on credits, so the majority of the player base won't be able to driev the market prices higher.

Though subscribing and using that time to farm credits like crazy and pay for unlocks is a genius idea.

Edit: NVM, I see that it is confirmed. That is interesting.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2012-11-19 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    So you can 100 percent sell unlocks on the GTN? I haven't bought any unlocks since I'm subscribed, but this is 'kinda' like being able to earn unlocks in game. The only caveat being that not many people will devalue their stipend so much. F2P has a very low cap on credits, so the majority of the player base won't be able to driev the market prices higher.

Though subscribing and using that time to farm credits like crazy and pay for unlocks is a genius idea.

Edit: NVM, I see that it is confirmed. That is interesting.
    This is an interesting development.

The only problem is that people will have to price it below the credit cap for it to sell. Which might not be a problem
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    This is an interesting development.

The only problem is that people will have to price it below the credit cap for it to sell. Which might not be a problem
    Yeah it could turn into a legitimate, albeit expensive way to 'buy' credits. It's a huge plus for F2P players though. I'm surprised they didn't communicate anything about this in a specific way beforehand.

I may look into purchasing unlocks on my main with the abundance of credits I wouldn't be able to use once I let it go to preferred anyways. This is certainly interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Yeah it could turn into a legitimate, albeit expensive way to 'buy' credits. It's a huge plus for F2P players though. I'm surprised they didn't communicate anything about this in a specific way beforehand.

I may look into purchasing unlocks on my main with the abundance of credits I wouldn't be able to use once I let it go to preferred anyways. This is certainly interesting.
    Wow.

WHY CAN'T THEY FUCKING COMMUNICATE THIS SHIT.

This is THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF THE MODEL.

WHAT... THE FUCK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    WHY CAN'T THEY FUCKING COMMUNICATE THIS SHIT.

This is THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF THE MODEL.
    Yeah...as potentially sketchy as this sort of system can be, it eliminates a lot of my qualms with the system. Especially as someone with a max level character, that would be preferred status, I can no longer complain about not providing a way to earn unlocks. It's not as ideal as being able to earn the Coins, but it's a great start.

Very perturbed that they didn't say this would happen, since the only reason other than their always shitty communication is to dupe people into wasting real money on the unlocks when they could've spent their millions of credits they had saved up from a previous play time.

Side Note: I expect slicing to be a very popular profession for F2P since it's the only thing that could possibly benefit you so much with only 1 profession. It's almost not profitable to have it now, I'm not sure they can nerf it anymore than it is already, but I can imagine bots farming lockboxes in the fields already lol.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2012-11-19 at 03:55 PM.

Well. That should end the QQ.

I fixed my post to reflect the change.