10+ Year Old Account

Starting up in GW2 again

So I quit playing GW2 when MoP came out so I could get everything I needed done. I'm pretty much in a good spot in MoP now, so I tried out GW2 again on the first day of the event. Seeing all the bugs I decided I would try again in a day or two to see if people were out leveling. I log back in yesterday and see no one in the zone I was in. There were events everywhere and I was the only one doing them. Is this like that on every server? Is it just because of the event?

I want to hit 80, but going like this will be a pain. I enjoyed doing the events, but not alone. If this is just my server, what is a good server with plenty of people leveling? I haven't gotten to see too much of the game yet, and I want to see more, but if leveling is going to be a problem I guess I might put the game down again.

Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    I log back in yesterday and see no one in the zone I was in. There were events everywhere and I was the only one doing them. Is this like that on every server? Is it just because of the event?
    The new event plus fractals means that everyone is busy doing the new shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    The new event plus fractals means that everyone is busy doing the new shiny.
    Also, you can do the new zone if you aren't level 80. I think after the event upleveling will be disabled again and lowbies will have to go back to their leveling zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you very much, I didn't keep up with the event that well and didn't know about the upleveling area. I guess I'll wait a day or two again to see if more people show up around my level if the upleveling is disabled.

you can level up just fine solo and you will run into other people from time to time in any zone. However you'll never see the huge zergs that were around the first month in the leveling zones as the population has now spread out. Thats not really a server issue its just that not all the population is in the same 5-7 zones at once. There is often a fairly good concentration of players in the lvl 80 zones now adays.

Who is John Galt?

You could always go to WvWvW and level a little there too, if you think your server is empty. If your server is getting dominated in WvWvW, then it's probably not a healthy server, and you should look for another maybe. Is the guest thing in yet? Haven't checked, Underworld is an awesome server.