Deleted

Special Olympics claim World First on Gelidra (Frozen Tempest 20 Man)

For all of you guys that are tuned into the progression race, thanks for the 500+ people that tuned into all of our streams throughout the night and joined us through good and bad times wiping in Frozen Tempest, on one of the last tries of the night, after cutting back on as many healers and tanks as we possibly could we managed to push it to the absolute limit and kill her just a few moments after the enrage, check out the kill video and the nerd screams of joy and as Always enjoy!

Gelidra~

Mini boss after Gelidra known as Gangnum~

Some people say we have coffee with the Dev's?

Disclaimer: Not actual Dev's or Members of SO... I think

We have heard a few other guilds cleared the 10 Man raid last night as well, so we are hoping to see a bit of competition in the upcoming bosses, We will be streaming our progression this evening again starting around 7pm GMT and giving away Copies of Storm Legion and also codes for an Ingame item Helm of the Demon lord www.twitch.tv/qarlsberg , has more info on this!

Anyways guys hope you enjoy the kill video's and we are one step closer to slaying the mighty queen of storms known as Crucia...
    Last edited by mmoc318c19303a; 2012-11-19 at 02:11 PM.

Congratulations on the kill, looked like pretty awesome boss.

Congrats, watched for a while, looked reasonably hard but fun, made me realize just how much I miss raiding.

Is Gelidra basically a dps check or is she very bugged? I saw the video and assumed you were going to move eventually with all that stuff going in the room, but never did. My assumption is all that ground AoE is supposed to make you move and use the mechanics of the boss, but due to a oversite or bad alpha testing this was missed.

I strongly doubt with your current gear level and actually using the bossing mechanics you would meet the dps check, but a kill is a kill. Bad alpha testers are bad. SO cannot be faulted for seeing the boss fight a few times on live and using what looks to be an intended method.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Is Gelidra basically a dps check or is she very bugged? I saw the video and assumed you were going to move eventually with all that stuff going in the room, but never did. My assumption is all that ground AoE is supposed to make you move and use the mechanics of the boss, but due to a oversite or bad alpha testing this was missed.

I strongly doubt with your current gear level and actually using the bossing mechanics you would meet the dps check, but a kill is a kill. Bad alpha testers are bad. SO cannot be faulted for seeing the boss fight a few times on live and using what looks to be an intended method.

If you were watching the live stream the crystals shoot around the room and she freezes them to make them into an AOE on the ground, around 70% of the tries they came into the raid and we had to re-position, but on the kill none of them came into the raid, so we got extremley lucky there =), The first boss is a absolutely MASSIVE healing and dps check, the total raid dps was just over 150k

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    If you were watching the live stream the crystals shoot around the room and she freezes them to make them into an AOE on the ground, around 70% of the tries they came into the raid and we had to re-position, but on the kill none of them came into the raid, so we got extremley lucky there =), The first boss is a absolutely MASSIVE healing and dps check, the total raid dps was just over 150k
    I am expecting a hotfix shortly. That is an awfully large room with too much going on for like a ridiculous amount of movement not to be happening. Although it could be intended in which case all those mechanics are there for pretty lights.

That raid dps is boss.

Hey Seatin as you are around atm, an unrelated question, Necrotic Throne in Unhallowed Boneforge (Expert Mode) supposed to spawn both adds at once or is it buggy as shit? =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Hey Seatin as you are around atm, an unrelated question, Necrotic Throne in Unhallowed Boneforge (Expert Mode) supposed to spawn both adds at once or is it buggy as shit? =/
    Its buggy as shit that boss, best way is to get 4 ranged dps and 1 Healer (Chloro/bard pref) and nuke the crap out of it before adds spawn ^^

whoa whoa whoa....

People still play this game? and there's world first progression?....

I'm just...I'm...so confused.

<Mod edit: Don't post just to troll, thanks>
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-11-19 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Its buggy as shit that boss, best way is to get 4 ranged dps and 1 Healer (Chloro/bard pref) and nuke the crap out of it before adds spawn ^^
    Figured as much, cheers for confirmation.

15+ Year Old Account

That's what world 1st's are all about. Thinking outside the box, undergeared but talented players and a little bit of luck. A little RNG in your corner never hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    That's what world 1st's are all about. Thinking outside the box, undergeared but talented players and a little bit of luck. A little RNG in your corner never hurts.
    Like I said I cannot blame SO for using what appears to be an intended strategy on a dps check boss. Not sure what this obsession with Trion with the first boss of every raid being a dps check with few mechanics, but they seem to like it alot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garoboldy View Post
    whoa whoa whoa....

People still play this game? and there's world first progression?....

I'm just...I'm...so confused.
    You joking? This game arguably better dungeons, raid mechanics than some other popular mmo's out there.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    You joking? This game arguably better dungeons, raid mechanics than some other popular mmo's out there.
    Not joking. Literally assumed this game went F2P like swtor and became a waste of play time. When did Rift get dungeons, all I ever saw were the rifts/events in each zone which weren't actually dungeons.

Like I said I cannot blame SO for using what appears to be an intended strategy on a dps check boss. Not sure what this obsession with Trion with the first boss of every raid being a dps check with few mechanics, but they seem to like it alot.
    It's a way to gate content without doing it the Blizzard style, basically forcing you to gear up enough to do the content, I kinda approve of the use as it sets a bar of entry and sure as hell beats it not being available at all to prolong progression artificially.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by garoboldy View Post
    Not joking. Literally assumed this game went F2P like swtor and became a waste of play time. When did Rift get dungeons, all I ever saw were the rifts/events in each zone which weren't actually dungeons.
    1/10 for Trolling, I would say nice try... but damm that attempt was just pathetic

But yea thanks for the support everyone ^^ Livestream going up again in about an hour for round 2!
    Last edited by mmoc318c19303a; 2012-11-19 at 05:41 PM.