15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I just wanted input for this, because I simply don't agree with Blueobelisk.
    I don't see Ron Artes...err, Metta World Peace...as "half a superstar". He's a good defender, and averages 11 points a night. I wouldn't call that half a superstar.
    Ron was a superstar prior to the Malice at the Palace. After that and his lengthy suspension he has never returned to anything close to that form. He is still an above average defender, but ya I wouldn't call him half a star outside of his name recognition. He is basically a worse version of Aaron Affllalo right now.

Grats Knicks. I am officially buying into the Knicks being a good team now. At least until STAT returns and throws a wrench in the works.

I know when Amare returns there are gonna be some problems.

Alright alright here is what I think about Ron Artest and why he's half a star. Here's how I'm gonna label a "star." A star is someone who you can build your team around. Of course, in this day and age it's not enough to have just one star, but that's a different thing altogether. (And of course a star can't carry a whole team to championship if the rest of the cast sucks badly.)

Is Ron Artest a star? Can they build a whole team around him? No. If there were two-Ron Artest level players on a team could they build a team around those two? Maybe. It wouldn't be good by our standards but it'd be a team.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 11:16 PM ----------

Memphis refs should get cancer and have their bodies whither away slowly until one day while crossing the road they aren't quick enough to make the light and they get hit by a fucking bus that's been hijacked and then they get shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched an NBA documentary about ankle breakers yesterday, and it made me realize that we have practiclly none in today's game. Most PG's are combo guards, or pick and roll players. When you think that at one point you had, Iverson, Marbury, Francis, J Will, Rafer Alston, a young Jason Kidd.... Today we have Crawford, Chris Paul and maybe Tyreke, I'm struggling to think of anyone else after them.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Another day, another Pistons loss. I can't even be mad at Tayshaun after this one, he was great. I place blame squarely on Larry Frank, the horrible coach. Drummond was fantastic yesterday, fantastic. He played 14 minutes despite that while Maxiell was far less impressive in twice that time.

Let's uhhh. Let's have another look at possible record rankings come playoff time. Here's what I'll claim:

East:
    1. Knicks
    2. Miami
    3. Chicago
    4. Brooklyn
    5. Boston
    6. Philadelphia
    7. Milwaukee
    8. Indiana

Oh btw Bynum is supposedly coming back later than he would have so Philadelphia is whatevs...ranks 4-6 could be switched up depending on how things play out.

West:
    1. Spurs DUHHHH
    2. Memphis
    3. LAC
    4. OKC
    5. Lakers
    6. Minnesota
    7. Denver
    8. Portland

I wanted to put Lakers at 6 and Wolves at 5 but with the Wolves injuries and the Lakers beginning to mesh I think the Lakers will wind up with a better record.

I find this season to be sorta lackluster for me, as a Bulls fan. Really hard to get into a season, knowing your star player is going to miss most, if not all of the regular season with an ACL.. I still tune in on most occasions, but the excitement just isn't there.

L.O.L. They said the reason Bynum hurt his knee from my last post was because HE HURT IT BOWLING LOLOLOLOLOL.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    L.O.L. They said the reason Bynum hurt his knee from my last post was because HE HURT IT BOWLING LOLOLOLOLOL.
    That is hilarious.

Pacers @ Knicks in half an hour. I hope Knicks don't take the loss to Memphis too hard.

Btw guys make sure you continue to vote for the All Star game. I was checking the rules and they say, in addition to the grand prize of a 4 day/3 night trip to Houston and tickets to the game, there are five first prize winners that get 2 free tickets to any NBA teams home game they want. That's actually a big deal to me and my New York prices lol.

May not seem worth the effort to you guys, but you should know I'm a Jew and I enter every contest possible for free stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    May not seem worth the effort to you guys, but you should know I'm a Jew and I enter every contest possible for free stuff.
    Good to know stereotypes are true. There was no way the Knicks were going to lose that game today. The Pacers are pretty damn terrible.

I feel like tonight is the night Boston finally remembers how to play defense and the Pistons score 60 points. Then maybe they will fire Larry Frank!

They won't though

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I feel like tonight is the night Boston finally remembers how to play defense and the Pistons score 60 points.
    Expect the worst, hope for the best huh?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    Expect the worst, hope for the best huh?
    Somehow the Pistons won. Boston is not very good right now, especially on defense. Speaking of the Pistons, Charlie Villanueva has made $1 million per minute played so far this season despite being completely healthy. Why didn't the Pistons amnesty him again?

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 09:10 AM ----------

Durant got his first career triple double last night (which seems pretty surprising). He has really adapted his game into essentially the LeBron role now where he does literally everything for his team thanks to their inefficiencies at other positions. He leads their team in scoring and rebounding with 4 more rebounds per game than their star big man, the guy they gave a bundle of money to forcing them to lose Harden.

Wolves lost Roy indefinately after he had a procedure on his knee. That is pretty awful. Pek will be back Wednesday and Rubio is now practicing again and is on pace to be back by Christmas.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-11-19 at 02:13 PM.

Conscript when is Kevin Love supposed to be back? I'm trying to decide when to take my Florida vacation because I'm either gonna see Hornets or Wolves. Wolves game is on 12/17 but I feel like Kevin love won't be back by then.

15+ Year Old Account
    Conscript when is Kevin Love supposed to be back? I'm trying to decide when to take my Florida vacation because I'm either gonna see Hornets or Wolves. Wolves game is on 12/17 but I feel like Kevin love won't be back by then.
    He should be back right at the beginning of December. Meeting with the doctor on Tuesday to get clearance to start shooting again.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-11-19 at 04:06 PM.

Omg yes. You'll see me in the crowd when you watch the game then.

I was gonna be a dick and wear my Knicks jersey even though game is between Orlando and Wolves, but my friend told me to be an even bigger dick and wear a Dwight Howard Lakers jersey LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hold on ill discuss later.

6-0 BABY. My friend keeps texting me 82-0 LOL. KUKUKUKUKUKUKU we beat the spurs, the spurs are monsters. We were down by 10 and Jason kid hit 2 back to back 3s. Tomorrow v. Grizzlies another huge test.
    7-1 now... Finally... Been a difficult 20 years of being a Knicks fan...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    7-1 now... Finally... Been a difficult 20 years of being a Knicks fan...
    Whoa there buddy. Might want to cool your roll a bit. There are 74 games left in the regular season and 16 wins needed in the playoffs before you can start talking about making up for the past two decades of futility.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was gonna be a dick and wear my Knicks jersey even though game is between Orlando and Wolves, but my friend told me to be an even bigger dick and wear a Dwight Howard Lakers jersey LOL.
    I was a sports coach/counselor at a Sunday school in Broolyn. Took a field trip to Baltimore to watch the Orioles play, gorgeous stadium by the way. Our crew had nothing to do with it, maybe one dick, but we had over a hundred kids chanting 'let's go Yankees'. No, Yankees were not paying and by some mirical, all kids made it out alive. Had to keep a balance of telling kids to stop it and reminding the drunk adults they are cursing out and threatening 9 year olds.

A side funny, this was the first time I realized Maryland was a real place and not an online gay euphemisim. Was ESL and assumed online chat rooms with Maryland in the title were all gay hook up rooms. I could not believe a place called Maryland was real. ESL and Mary vs merry, lead me the wrong path. Not as bad as my parents who thought Washington DC and Seattle Washington were the same. Even after I moved to Seattle, they were asking if they can take a bus from NYC to Washington to see me. It was over a year of saying, no that is a different Washington.

I'm glad linsanity is over. A good kid, but I would rather not have a player on a team, who's marketing outweighs his skill. NY has the Jets already, no need to do the same to Knicks.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 04:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Whoa there buddy. Might want to cool your roll a bit. There are 74 games left in the regular season and 16 wins needed in the playoffs before you can start talking about making up for the past two decades of futility.
    It's not about making up those... There is no making up Reggie Miller fouling to get nearly 10 points in around 10 seconds... No making up Smith getting repeatedly fouled by Jordan and Pippin while missing 4 lay ups, but getting 3 rebounds...

This is just a moment in time where rooting for a team named after pants, is not painful. Not making up, a moment of peace...

Even if Knicks were 70-0, there would still be time for Dolan to bring back Iseah Thomas and ruin it all.
    Last edited by Felya; 2012-11-19 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    It's not about making up those... There is no making up Reggie Miller fouling to get nearly 10 points in around 10 seconds... No making up Smith getting repeatedly fouled by Jordan and Pippin while missing 4 lay ups, but getting 3 rebounds...

This is just a moment in time where rooting for a team named after pants, is not painful. Not making up, a moment of peace...

Even if Knicks were 70-0, there would still be time for Dolan to bring back Iseah Thomas and ruin it all.
    As a Heat fan in the 90's, I both loved and hated those series we played against the Knicks. Loved because they were entertaining as hell and the teams clearly hated each other. Hated because we lost as the better team more than a couple times. Which is why I love listening to Knicks fans complain about Miller tormenting you and being outclassed by the Bulls.

Here's a fun memory for you: Game 6, 94 finals. Also, Patrick Ewing finger roll.
    That is all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently the Celtics were tracking Rondo's assist streak last night to make sure he got it despite the game being over. That is some Wilt Chamberlain level douchebaggery. Maintaining individual streaks while risking your team's future is comical.