Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Black Friday seems like a fantastic opportunity to troll the shit out of other shoppers, videotape it, and laugh about it later.

Beyond that, yeah... there's nothing I want badly enough to stand in line for, or get up that early for. Not happening.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 01:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eadoin View Post
    The best part is the fact that recent trends indicate businesses aren't really dropping their prices anymore for Black Friday, instead the drop in prices are coming much sooner (around Halloween).
    Not to mention that many stores are starting earlier than what seems to have been the 'traditional' store opening time.

Likely so they can say "hey look, we made more money than last year!"

Clearly they don't value their time very highly.

On Black Friday in general, I went for the first time last year. Now I've been to my fair share of punk concerts and festivals, but nothing came close to what I saw in Walmart last year. It was insane, my girlfriend and I just watched the crazies and thought this is how mad they are going for stuff they have to buy, imagine if this was for food or medical rationing...

God help me, this thing needs to DIE. Black Friday isn't so bad for the people at the shops, regardless of what they'll tell you. I went through seven of them, it wasn't so damn difficult...

But it's just an exercise in escalation. It used to start at 5 a.m., then midnight, and now Wal-Mart is starting it at like 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving. It's pointless.

Some ballsy store needs to kill it dead by opening at their regular time on Black Friday and offering good sales that entire week. Kill. It. Dead.

Could I order something online, benefit from Black Friday and import it to Germany?

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I'm not sure if you are aware but people on Black friday act like crazed animals. People have literally been killed by black friday shoppers knocking them down and trampling ontop of them.

All for a few bucks off some crap that they really don't need.

Actually statistically more people are killed in Retail stores on other days than Black Friday. Black Friday just gets press when it happens. You don't hear about the people who are shot or stabbed over things over the course of a regular year.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Do you hate black Friday and everything that it stands for, or do you think that these people are smart and just taking advantage of a great deal?
    I don't hate Black Friday but I do hate the crowds that come with it.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    cyber monday ftw
    Also this, why go shopping on Black Friday(standing in lines, fighting crowds, and MAYBE get what you're there for) when you can do most of your shopping on Monday and get practically the same deals(sometimes better) all from the comfort of your own home?

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Could I order something online, benefit from Black Friday and import it to Germany?
    If you find an American Retailer that will ship there you probably could, though personally I'd wait for the following Monday.

That's gonna depend entirely on the terms of the deal. Many of them are mail-in rebates that only apply to residents in the U.S.

You'll just have to scour the fine print of the bargain offered.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    That's gonna depend entirely on the terms of the deal. Many of them are mail-in rebates that only apply to residents in the U.S.

You'll just have to scour the fine print of the bargain offered.
    I was thinking to buy a tablet... you think I got chances to get it cheaper? I know somebody who lives in LA... maybe he can get the deal done for me?

I was thinking to buy a tablet... you think I got chances to get it cheaper? I know somebody who lives in LA... maybe he can get the deal done for me?
    Dunno mate. It's really gonna depend on a lot of factors that I don't understand. Don't forget your Import Duties, too. I don't even know how to start researching that sort of thing.

I don't even get it lol. The money they "saved" they could have made already plus more at their jobs rather then wasting the days camping!

Quote Originally Posted by expectwar View Post
    I don't even get it lol. The money they "saved" they could have made already plus more at their jobs rather then wasting the days camping!
    Simple economics is beyond most human beings. No, not Americans. People. Human Beings are stupid. All of them.

Oh, and to everyone who keeps bringing up the trampling thing, that has happened once. At a hideously mis-managed Wal-Mart.

People don't get hurt on Black Friday any more than they do any other retail sales day of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Dunno mate. It's really gonna depend on a lot of factors that I don't understand. Don't forget your Import Duties, too. I don't even know how to start researching that sort of thing.
    Mmh too bad. Thanks anyway... I'll do some internet research on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Black Friday scares the shit out of me. I'm happy my place of work isn't doing Black Friday crap.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...riday/1261520/

The first thing that comes to mind.... every year
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

10+ Year Old Account
    I did this last year... went 3 days early and bought 4 new 40" LED TV's for 300 each. I lost 1200 dollar at first, but then I sold each of them for 600-800, was able to go and by all my family presents for christmas and still have extra money in my pocket.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    This is true, but you have to understand those events are the exception...not the norm. There are literally thousands of Black Fridays stores with sales. MOST of those are civilized and festive affairs. You can't base your oppinions on what you see on the news. All you see are the people getting trampled. No news channel is going to run pieces on black friday shoppers acting like normal human beings resulting in a non event.
    Well obviously most people don't act like that. However the point is that Black friday brings out the crazy people who would literally step on others to get a sale. Chances are if someone is camping outside of a store for a whole week they are one of the crazy people. (which is who I am talking about if you read the title of the post).

If your not like the first 20 people in line it isn't even worth waiting. Door buster sales are what people are waiting in line for and there is usually 15-20 of those available at a first come first serve basis.

I went black friday shopping once many years ago and I will never do it again. It sickens me on how people act in the stores.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has had to work the last 5+ black fridays i hate them with a fiery burning passion deep in my soul. It is evil and I loathe it. Not only do you have to be at work at an ungodly hour, but then you have to deal with a shit ton of sleep deprived caffeine overdosed assholes yelling in your face over Super Mario and why it isn't the Super Mario they need, even though it is the only damn one that is available. (this happened to me after the first super mario came out on the wii)

Or my personal favorite as the manager I had to get there about 2 hours early to set up the sale signs. The mall opened early for some unknown reason and all the psycho shoppers were BANGING on our metal security gate, this happened for the entire 2 hours until we opened. Mind you I was about 6 feet away tops, they could see me, I could see them. I told them when we weren't opened yet and NO I couldn't make an exception. They heard me, but they decided to continue banging and shouting because it was "funny". Oh yeah, a barrel of laughs, assholes.

Then it is time for your break, if you are lucky. Of course we all brought in food to share because you can't actually get to the food court. This is the only sanctuary of the day. I love you stock room.

And when you do finally get off work, it is just as shitty. Walking through the hoards of assholes with their asshole kids screaming because mommy and daddy woke them up at 4 AM for some dumbass reason. Then you get to your car, which takes you a half hour to back up because these same jerks are camping for your spot, but aren't being logical about it and don't leave you enough room to actually back out of the damn place.

God do I hate black friday.

10+ Year Old Account
    I spent a year working retail in a Walmart of all places. Never been inside one since. The drones have nothing but sympathy from me for all the crap the stores and customers put them through.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.