Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Raider Casualties

So with another player contacting me to tell me he can no longer make our raid times, I thought I'd put together a list of raiders we've lost in the past 6 weeks.
    1. Warrior Tank
      - started his won raid group
    2. Ret paladin
      - rerolled
    3. Rogue
      - changed schedule
    4. DK Tank
      -Offline for 18 days and counting.
    5. Shadow Priest
      - stopped playing for 2 weeks, and gquit
    6. Hunter
      - wouldn't leave his PvP guild
    7. DK Tank
      - randomly stopped playing
    8. Warrior
      -Switched to our guild's other 10-man group
    9. Feral Druid
      - 7 days gone, no word. Canceled 2 raids for him.
    10. Resto Druid
      - Stopped gearing and showing up for raids
    11. Mage
      - Changed his schedule

This is incredibly frustrating, as every time we recruit a new player, we have to give them more gear. We have 6 players who have made every raid, everyone else has been different each week. This week we're going in with a new Monk (healer) and a hunter, who will both need gear. Is there a better way to recruit raiders permanently? It doesn't help that in the years since Wrath and BC, the general population seems to have no clue how to gear themselves for raids, there are so few people who have run heroics to gear themselves up.

So what exactly do you want us to do? What do you want Blizzard to do? You can't force people to log on or stay with you unless you can somehow control humans. You're SOL thats all I can say for untill you get core raiders.

I was wondering if other guilds were having the same problem. I don't know if the way I'm leading the raids is intimidating people or forcing them to quit, but I can only be in one place at a time.

If I told you to match a gem socket one week, quitting the game permanently doesn't seem like a reasonable response, so I'm sure it's something else...

You need to recruit better people. That's pretty much it.

Recruit people who can make 90% of raids. Give priority to those who make every raid. If they can't be there, on time, for essentially every raid, they should be benched until needed. Think about setting up alt raids to keep your benchwarmers and your alts geared.

Require that recruits be raid ready (full 463, some LFR gear, DMF trinket is a huge bonus; everything reforged and gemmed correctly). If they are not raid ready by this point, there really aren't any excuses. You don't want them on your raid team.

15+ Year Old Account
    Could be just one of those things. Don't beat yourself up about it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    You need to recruit better people. That's pretty much it.

Recruit people who can make 90% of raids. Give priority to those who make every raid. If they can't be there, on time, for essentially every raid, they should be benched until needed. Think about setting up alt raids to keep your benchwarmers and your alts geared.

Require that recruits be raid ready (full 463, some LFR gear, DMF trinket is a huge bonus; everything reforged and gemmed correctly). If they are not raid ready by this point, there really aren't any excuses. You don't want them on your raid team.
    No I don't.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 01:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    Could be just one of those things. Don't beat yourself up about it too much.
    I'm hoping this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by RH exact View Post
    No I don't.
    The fact that 6 people just stopped playing (5 without notice?) says otherwise.

What are you hoping to get out of this thread exactly if you're just going to deny any advice people have?

If I told you to match a gem socket one week, quitting the game permanently doesn't seem like a reasonable response, so I'm sure it's something else...
    Well, this depends on how you told them
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    The fact that 6 people just stopped playing (5 without notice?) says otherwise.

What are you hoping to get out of this thread exactly if you're just going to deny any advice people have?
    I meant that we shouldn't want someone with greens and PvP gear, I agree that we need to recruit!

What's your raid groups current progress and when did you start raiding with this group?

Sounds like Vanilla......
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Simple question.. did you enjoy a break from raiding prior to this new expansion or did you do Dragon Soul until the last week.

For me it's a sign of burned out players, but that might not be the case.

I meant that we shouldn't want someone with greens and PvP gear, I agree that we need to recruit!
    When did I say you that you should pick up people in greens and PvP gear... I actually said the opposite (though Conquest gear is just fine now; we used it the first few weeks).

Whatever man, good luck. I still think you need higher quality recruits.

10+ Year Old Account
    People get tired of the game and mop has been out for a while now.

@above: reminds me of when I was looking for a guild a while ago and had a few conquest pieces, the guy asks if I have non pvp gear. Didn't bother replying, lol /ignore idiot
    Last edited by Illiterate; 2012-11-19 at 09:50 PM.

I am not in a raiding guild, and primarily PvP myself, but it dosent look like you ate taking into account RL> WOW - shit changes. Its not the travesty you making it out to be. You need to get some back-ups that can fill if need be. create a core group, and a 2nd group and a 3rd. In a structure where people know that if group 1 is short, they can take from group 2 or 3, and so on. It dosent look like you have a back up plan (prob through no fault of your own) which is why you are running into so many issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    In a structure where people know that if group 1 is short, they can take from group 2 or 3, and so on.
    Wow, who would want to be in a raid group where their own guild poaches from them? I was in a situation like that back in cata and didn't think it was right.

10+ Year Old Account

...Nothing more I can say. Always keep recruiting. A spot will always become available. Recruit alot and ruthlessly. (Pick out from weaker guilds)
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

WoW's design has basically killed the real meaning of guilds. I remember back in the early EQ days and even vanilla wow, guilds were very selective and if you wanted to raid, you had to devote the time and prove to be a valuable member.

Now, with as accessible as gear is, people don't need guilds, guilds need people. If you join a guild and don't like it, leave and join another, don't like that one, leave and pug it.

That's just what happens when you turn an mmo into a solo game, when you don't really need to depend on anyone to be successful, you have no reason to stick it out so you guit and come back and join another guild, or just quit as people just really don't care about others anymore.

As the original MMO community becomes older and more casual, that way of thinking disappears, basically this is what we have to deal with now.
    "Join a new guild, expect loot, no reason to prove anything, if you don't agree, there's 10 other guilds looking for raiders."

pretty much how the last weeks have been for us then we killed Elegon and now we have about 14 raiders
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaemic View Post
    “Oh, do a daily? Just do a daily? Why don’t I strap on my daily helmet and squeeze down into a daily cannon and fire off into daily land, where quests grow on little dailies?!”

10+ Year Old Account
    People have lives, and jobs.
    My job causes my work roster to change every month.

It took me 4 guilds within the 2months of MoP before I killed MSV and HoF. All the others resulted in 4/10 of the members showing up, or others turning up 3 hours late, etc.
    Joined a random pug that went amazing, and so the leader of that just stole us all and since then we have just plowed through.
    Some people just don't want to raid every week, but they want to kill the bosses on things other than LFR.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?