Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

When can you trust that GM's in wow are correct?

Hello, I tried to get a gm to transfer my wow account to a different battle.net account. First they said it could be done.
    "We cannot simply unmerge a non-trial World of Warcraft account from a battle.net account, however we can transfer it to your other battle.net account. If you don't have another battle.net account, please create one and then contact us by a battle.net ticket. If personal details on both battle.net accounts will match and you will provide secret answers for both accounts, our billing team might be able to help you out.
    So I contacted them again and now they say they can't do it, and they made a mistake.
    "I'm afraid that a mistake was made, and this is not a service that we offer. We cannot transfer a WoW account to a different Battle.net account, once it has been merged, unless we are consolidating Battle.net Accounts."

So when can you trust that a GM is correct?

Deleted
    First understand they are humans, then understand that humans make mistakes and then....well you get my points.

"when can you trust that Ppl in general are correct?"

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickyz View Post
    First understand they are humans, then understand that humans make mistakes and then....well you get my points.

"when can you trust that Ppl in general are correct?"
    First of all yes they are human but many of them are liars. I asked for the same question and they solved it for me.

My case : I called and asked if they could transfer one account from battle net account a to b. They said the names didn't fit and therefor it wasn't possible, although it was. She said stuff such as " WE WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO DO SO ETC ETC " I called 1 week later and asked for the same, and guess what? Appratenly the account names were the same.. Now hushush? How is OP not get his case resolved? She did it on mine easy peasy.

Also if you want to remove extra accounts on your battle net account tell them to. You can to send a legit ID card : Passport will do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't trust a game master's word for anything having to do with account management. I think the GM system is actually not as bad as people make it but too many people expect them to know everything including stuff that really has nothing to do with anything happening in game.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    They really seem to be uninformed and undecided on a bunch of things, much like my work place.
    It's insane.
    Just dealt with 4 separate GMs/officials regarding battle.net issues with buying HotS. Each had a different idea on what my problem was and how to fix it.
    Ended up just saying screw it, and I spend hours on forums until I fixed it myself.
    Can't rely on anyone but other gamers who are being screwed over and like to post about it.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I wouldn't trust a game master's word for anything having to do with account management. I think the GM system is actually not as bad as people make it but too many people expect them to know everything including stuff that really has nothing to do with anything happening in game.
    I'm not saying it's bad, but when A says you can't and B says you can, there's clearly a big problem

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    First of all yes they are human but many of them are liars. I asked for the same question and they solved it for me.
    They are not liars. Goodness. So you get a few that mix something up or have the wrong info, and suddenly it's not mistakes, it's malicious lying. No.

10+ Year Old Account
    They would not intentionally lie, but sometimes they don't know things. And some things are flexible and the answer may vary depending on who you talk to.

This sounds like the latter case. Usually they do not do what you are asking, except under special circumstances. So it sounds like you got partial truths from both of them. If you have a legitimate reason, call again and try someone else.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    You must have never worked in a customer support position/industry.

They're not liars. They're customer support. These folks got hired at Blizzard after just quitting their jobs at McDonald's or Wal-Mart. They're unskilled, uneducated, poorly trained, cheap labor.

Have you not ever called AT&T, Verizon, HP, Dell, etc, support before? It's horrendous. Contrary to what people believe happens (or should happen), companies put customer support at a VERY low priority level. This isn't the 1950's anymore. The customer isn't right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post

They're not liars. They're customer support. These folks got hired at Blizzard after just quitting their jobs at McDonald's or Wal-Mart. They're unskilled, uneducated, poorly trained, cheap labor.

Have you not ever called AT&T, Verizon, HP, Dell, etc, support before? It's horrendous. Contrary to what people believe happens (or should happen), companies put customer support at a VERY low priority level. This isn't the 1950's anymore. The customer isn't right.
    I feel compelled to speak out against this, too. They are not "unskilled, uneducated, poorly trained, cheap labor". People, stop with the insults. I understand the frustration we all have with Customer Service of any company, but enough is enough. While I am sure there are those that are...less than stellar among the group, to generalize them all this way is just wrong.

You can't. They are service personnel with low payment what would you expect ? And the lower ranked once actually can't do anything anyways except spam stupid macros. If you ever want something getting done you have at least to get to a senior gm.

Better to call in a situation like that, assuming you did. You get better access to info and what not.

Also, they are people and often react to how YOU behave. If your ticket is rude and offensive and you are when you talk to them, why should they go that little bit further for you? I have always got things changed for me when they can be changed because my tickets are always polite and I am when I speak to them. I do not brown-nose, just treat them as people who can help not morons or my mummy who has to do something because I WANT it and I want it now. I used to work in CS so I know there are often 2 or 3 possible solutions to a problem, but why would you put yourself out for someone who swears at you or is abusive? At the bottom line, usually they problem they are solving is one you made but even if it is Blizz's, it is not CS's fault (usually) so do not blame or attack them. Old saying but you catch more flies with honey that vinegar.

This isn't the 1950's anymore. The customer isn't right.
    The customer never was. The problem is that the customers have started to believe it, resulting in stuff like this thread where support staff get accused of lying every time they make a mistake. The end result is that no one who can possibly get another job will work in customer service, and even then they'll likely quit after a few years. Idiotic customers with entitlement issues make the customer support jobs so horrible that it's impossible to hire competent people for the positions, unless you pay them more than the engineers... and even then they wouldn't stick around long enough to learn everything people like the OP expect them to.

Companies didn't kill customer support. Customers did.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I feel compelled to speak out against this, too. They are not "unskilled, uneducated, poorly trained, cheap labor". People, stop with the insults.
    It wasn't an insult. It's reality. When you have a job that doesn't require a skill or education, and you pay accordingly, this is the type of labor you bring in.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    unless you pay them more than the engineers...
    Yeah that sounds totally right.
    People working in customer support get payed jackshit and the quality is what you would expect for paying jackshit.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-11-20 at 04:52 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

Today I learned I was unskilled, uneducated, poorly trained, cheap labor.
    This is simply not true. Though it has been a few years, Blizzard targeted and wanted college students (with game experience) when hiring for GM positions. Do you honestly believe the people you so graciously insulted described have expendable time and money to play WoW to your expected level of knowledge and experience?

Each GM develops their knowledge differently. Training covers how to use the tools and how to respond to very general situations.

Training does not include every single specific circumstance and question that arises through the 100 tickets you are required to meet every day.

So while one GM may understand that one action is possible, another GM hasn't encountered this scenario yet and may be relying on information that is probably out of date. They probably just don't know and are under pressure to move on to the next ticket.

I believe any veteran player that treats GMs like shit should be forced to earn a living as a GM for a while. Have fun with the absolute vile and hatred you put up with from the player base every single day. If you haven't become a depressed player-loathing husk after a few weeks then you are a genuine saint.

Deleted
    Every time I've contacted Blizzards customer support I've been greeted by someone who doesn't come off as a total dick, so at least they have that going for them. I'm just surprised that some of the people who post on these forums get any kind of service at all considering they act like babies.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    This thread looks like it's going to descend into madness soon.

@OP. You can't. Sometimes they will know, sometimes they won't, they are obligated to give you the best answer they can given their knowledge. Try out what they suggest, if it doesn't work, start from square one.

Personally I seldom open a ticket to request to speak to a GM as they're plenty busy enough without my bs on their plates. More often than not, the answers you seek are readily available on these or other forums. My general rule of thumb in WoW is that if you've got a technical problem, someone else has had it before you and has asked about it, if you've got a complaint, someone more vocal than you already has a 50 page thread on a forum somewhere raging.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

You can trust a GM's input when you don't ask it a stupid question regarding things like lore, Blizzard's in-house (private) operations, or your own opinion as a player.

Yet every time someone makes a post about how terrible their GM experience was, the ticket they entered was always regarding something along these lines.