Everlasting Affliction ?

Is the Everlasting affliction glyph a good choice for the stone guardians fight.

No.

Just dot the 2 that are active. SB:SS if your dots are running out from one of the active ones.

As far as I see it, there is no reason to use this glyph ever. It reduces the damage dealt per tick, and therefore weakens your MG too. The saved GCDs won't make up for this.
    If you play demo, why the hell would you want to weaken your Doom and Corruption?

The only reason i can see someone wanting this glyph is for learning affliction. More dot time gives you more time to react, which teaches you when you need to cast what...but you would want to lose it as soon as possible.

Pointless glyph tbh. Should be 50% duration and like 5% less damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is actually a decent dps increase on 7-8+ targets for Demo + Extended AoE, and isn't a huge loss on single target. I have been experimenting with it on Wind Lord Mel'jarak, and have been pleased with the results.

As far as Stone Guards, it isn't anywhere near a dps increase.

Deleted
    Never ending affliction is like an 8% dmg loss. But I wonder how this glyph performs with the 4 piece setbonus. You would have a DS uptime on agony close to 100% and corruption around 80%. The same would be true for synapse springs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killem View Post
    As far as I see it, there is no reason to use this glyph ever.
    It's the warlock equivalent of the ret paladin glyph that makes maintaining the self buff easier, but weaker.

A means of making the playstyle easier for players that can't cope with it normally, but giving them lower output. I'd also imagine it might be a dps increase under some obscure circumstances that might pop up once in a blue moon.

Actually, I have found one use for this glyph. On our Gara'jal progression we were sending our Warlock down solo to DoT all the adds up. His 3 DoTs were nearly killing the adds, but just not enough. He swapped to this glyph and it allowed 1 set of DoTs to kill an add

How is that remotely possible ? The dot last longer but in the end does less damage. Am I missing something ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauni View Post
    How is that remotely possible ? The dot last longer but in the end does less damage. Am I missing something ?
    1.5 * 0.8 = 1.2

I see. Effectively on long duration & numerous adds it is an upgrade. Still a light one.

actually that glyph is a damage (not dps) increase only and only if you're gonna multidot "low" health mobs and let it run dry like on gara'jal adds or while leveling but for single target damage its a huge dps and hence damage loss

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    It's the warlock equivalent of the ret paladin glyph that makes maintaining the self buff easier, but weaker.

A means of making the playstyle easier for players that can't cope with it normally, but giving them lower output.
    Yeah, this was my thought when I saw it. It'd be useful for those players who may be new to heavily DoT orientated classes, or who simply find multitasking difficult and forget to reapply DoTs when they should; less to worry about. A DoT that lasts longer but has less impact is better than a DoT that falls off and doesn't get reapplied for a while.