Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Wind Lord Mel'Jarek and Combustion.....

Okay, so my guild and I have been attempting this fight this evening. We encountered a problem, which took us a while to figure out!

We're CC'ing 4 adds. Now (please correct me if I'm wrong) as soon as a stun is used on another add, one of the CC'd adds (with the spear) will then come back and run into the main group?

If the above is correct, then we found this to be my combustion...

please tell me how a fire mage is supposed to do well in this fight without combustion in the first part!?

Again, I could be totally wrong about the mechanics and 'why' our adds are becoming unCC'd....
    Apologies I don't have any logs.

Any thoughts if it is actually my combustion? Are other mages out there using combustion and this not happening (which, in my opinion, I am hoping, as then it isn't my fault!)

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    I would just combustion the boss and spread it if the combustion causes cc #5. I am also having the same problem and don't know the cause of the cc breaking.

It's very possible that it's combustion, it's the same with other stuns, but why don't you use combustion on the boss then and spread it from him?

if you cc 4 adds at the start then stun a 5th the boss breaks all ccs

to circumvent this just use the boss as your main combustion target so your inferno blast doesn't stun the add

Deleted
    Thanks so much for the replies, that certainly didn't occur to me to combust the boss.

Cheers, guy.

Certainly is a pain in the ass, though

Ehm I've always combusted off the adds and our CC doesn't break. Didn't even think about the stun part of it but as we never had a problem...

Combustion doesn't stun the adds. Make sure no one's using the frag belt maybe?

I always combust on one of the adds in the first group that we're killing, never had any issues with it breaking the CC. During the first few pulls when we were learning the fight we did indeed have something that kept messing with it, but as far as I remember, it was one of our Warr tank's skills or something, not my Combustion.

Deleted
    Hi,

Just a quick point. Have you tried CCing only 3 of the adds (one of each) and seeing if the CC is still breaking? - For that try you can just have your tanks interrupt a healer each

If it is, i'd suggest that its not the combustion but likely something else.

demo locks with mannaroths fury are prime examples of classes that accidentally break CC randomly in that room due to the massive AOE range they have

The adds are immune to stuns, for obvious reasons - combustion is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Ehm I've always combusted off the adds and our CC doesn't break. Didn't even think about the stun part of it but as we never had a problem...
    I second that. Never had been an issue until now. I'd rather check other things like warriors jumping into CC'd adds, druids using starfall, people macro-dotting their focus targets or a fifth man trying to place a 50 second CC or whatever.

As stated above, everything is immune to stuns and slows. If you're running into issues with your CCs breaking the likely culprit is Frag Belt, Starfall, Nature's Vigil, or general idiocy.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-11-20 at 01:01 PM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    While learning the fight my guild was having issues with random CC breaks. We pinned the problem down to Nature's Vigil and after we discovered that the problem ended, combustion never broke any CC.

Been doing the boss since the first week it was available, it doesnt cause the boss to break stuns.

Deleted
    If you use combustion on the boss after killing the first group (+33% Dmg on Boss) and spread it, will it tick for the same damage on the adds or cut down dot dmg like on Garalon / Amberformer (currently hotfixed)?

The only way he clears the stunns is if a 5th target getts CC'd. This includes Sheep, Fear, Hex etc. Just make sure that when the boss is being pulled the right targets are CC'd BEFORE the pull. Once everything is pulled make sure that it is away from the boss and CC'd adds. Pre pot the fight and pre evocate the fight, find first kill target, wait for trinket procs then AT POM combust combo the first kill target and BAM huge combust.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    If you use combustion on the boss after killing the first group (+33% Dmg on Boss) and spread it, will it tick for the same damage on the adds or cut down dot dmg like on Garalon / Amberformer (currently hotfixed)?
    The damage done to the secondary targets should not ever be affected by damage multipliers on the primary target.

Deleted
    combustion on add works fine for me. we cc 4 adds. stuns dont count as cc.

It's definitely not Combustion. We CC 4 Adds and on the first Group to die I combust on one of its members and spread it to the other ones. We never had issues with CCs breaking.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 12:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    The damage done to the secondary targets should not ever be affected by damage multipliers on the primary target.
    But if you do target the boss you will get 33% percent more damage on fireball and pyros including the dots they generate. If you now do a combustion the combustion will have 33% more damage and you can spreak the 33% more damage combustion to the other adds I think this works also for rogues.

Btw this also works on Garalon and legs. Get a very huge ignite on the legs, combust and spread it to the body -> makes you skyrocket in the beginning of the fight
    Last edited by reflection; 2012-11-23 at 11:03 AM.

If I understand how combustion works, your ignite and pyro dots would be 33% larger, and then the combustion would be another 33% larger on top of that. Then when you spread it via inferno blast the Combustion, Ignite, and Pyro, all get reduced by 25% (1/1.33) so your Combustion would be doing 33% more damage but your Ignite and Pyro would be doing normal damage.

It wouldn't work that way for rogues because blade flurry never double dipped like combustion did. If the boss is taking 33% more damage then blade flurries damage is reduced by 25% and the bosses damage multiplier is completely negated.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-11-23 at 11:39 AM.