10+ Year Old Account
    Yo hunty you might wanna take a look at your stream. Screen is black.

Edit: Nevermind.

+ 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    Kvistmas.

God rest ye merry gentlemen, let nothing you dismay

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 09:16 PM ----------

+6
    VaJayJay added 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerioc View Post
    From what I've heard there's a patch to download if you hook the systems up to the internet. Just like the 360 had, and the wii had, and the ps3 had. People have just become more and more entitled and "I WANT IT NOW!"-y and so they find having to patch on the first day to be absolutely unacceptable. What the patch is actually for I unno, but it's not a big deal. This coming from someone who has a bandwidth limit on his internet.
    Don't know what this patch is about, but sometimes if you see what gets patched on release... Is it really that bad if they just release it a week later and get that fixed before release?

+ 7

10+ Year Old Account
    +5

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    VaJayJay added 2.
    I am awesome like that

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Don't know what this patch is about, but sometimes if you see what gets patched on release... Is it really that bad if they just release it a week later and get that fixed before release?

It's very, very, very rarely a week later. That's the thing. Consoles (and game) go into certification months before they actually launch. One it's gone through cert they can't really change anything otherwise they need to get it re-certified. If they have an issue discovered after cert goes through, patching is the best way to do it. Not to mention, patches typically take like 5-10 minutes. It's not like it's going to delay people playing by that much.

Now, I cooooould be wrong on consoles. It's been awhile since I last looked into this, but I know for games this is still how it works, so I imagine that consoles haven't changed either.

10+ Year Old Account
    The wii u patch takes like an hour or so I read, but it's supposed to deal with some things that they didn't catch before they certified it :3

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

It's very, very, very rarely a week later. That's the thing. Consoles (and game) go into certification months before they actually launch. One it's gone through cert they can't really change anything otherwise they need to get it re-certified. If they have an issue discovered after cert goes through, patching is the best way to do it. Not to mention, patches typically take like 5-10 minutes. It's not like it's going to delay people playing by that much.

Now, I cooooould be wrong on consoles. It's been awhile since I last looked into this, but I know for games this is still how it works, so I imagine that consoles haven't changed either.
    They really need to recertify it for every bug fix? o.O

http://www.vg247.com/2012/10/30/assa...ch-notes-here/ I don't mind small bug fixes here and there, but there's some pretty big bugs in this list for a day one.
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2012-11-20 at 08:35 PM.

Deleted
    + 4

Hi to everyone that showed up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    The wii u patch takes like an hour or so I read, but it's supposed to deal with some things that they didn't catch before they certified it :3
    If that's true then it's a little more understanding. An hour is a bit excessive for a patch. I'll see when I finally hook mine up to my router (didn't have the pw at the time, controller is charging atm.) because that's all dependent on download speed.

But even then, they don't get how certification works. They just assume that it's not the best solution.

15+ Year Old Account
    They really need to recertify it for every bug fix? o.O

http://www.vg247.com/2012/10/30/assa...ch-notes-here/ I don't mind small bug fixes here and there, but there's some pretty big bugs in this list for a day one.
    Yeah. Any and all changes made after certification require the game to be put through certification again. It's to make sure they're not adding any malicious code or anything inappropriate.

Yeah. Any and all changes made after certification require the game to be put through certification again. It's to make sure they're not adding any malicious code or anything inappropriate.
    But they don't need to certify patches after release?

10+ Year Old Account
    They might have to certify the patches :O No idea though

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep. Patches go through it too. In fact, Microsoft charges companies 10k per patch certification. That's why some games don't get the same patches on Xbox as they do on other consoles. But yeah, patches need certification.

The thing is, there's more to a game/console than there is to a patch. So it's quicker to certify patches than full games/consoles. Not to mention it could have been issues that were discovered after mass production of the consoles/games had started it's much easier to send a patch to get certified than to trash everything you've already made and start production again. It's a time thing. It's much better than alternatives.

Deleted
    I'm having the weirdest conversation with someone, now. :b

+ 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I'm having the weirdest conversation with someone, now. :b

+ 4

Like me and puri usually have?

Deleted
    I'm calling shenanigans on Air New Zealand's win-tickets-to-the-world-premiere-of-the-Hobbit-contest! Only people from English-speaking countries have won! Most unlikely! Shenanigans!
    +5

15+ Year Old Account
    10k. damn..
    Yeah. I don't know if you remember the drama about the developer of Fez (I think?) not putting a patch out on 360 despite there being a bug that was causing games to corrupt and losing all your progress. Yeah. That was why.He didn't think he could afford the 10k to put the fix out because of cert.

Note: I think they're both in the wrong. I'm not blaming microsoft or the developer here. Both did stupid things.