Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just a preemptive warning for the thread: let's be careful with the female jokes here. You might mean your comments about gender roles or skill level in jest but people can and do take them seriously so please let's refrain from making those kinds of comments.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

how do u get on vent with a pug?
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

To be pretty honest, I automatically think she's gonna be below average. And this comes from my personal experience. Out of 4 previously regular female raiders in my guild, 3 of them are pretty well below average. These 3 girls aren't core raiders anymore, and the age difference is sorta big. I'd say, out of these 3 girls, one of them is in her 20s, one of them is 35ish, and the last one can be anywhere between early 40s and late 50s.

Other than that, I've ran with a few pugs before, and the friendly guild I usually run with has 2 girls in the raid... a tank and a healer. The tank is pretty solid, but the healer is the weakest link of the raid.

As a RL, I find it very very hard to deal with girls in the raid, because, imo, and from personal experience, they take criticism very badly. I find it much easier to tell a male raider that he needs to increase dps, or do something extra, than a girl. I've had them mad at me so many times for telling them how to improve their gameplay.

I wouldn't give a rats rear if the warlock was male or female, what I would care about is their attitude and if they are pulling their weight. I remember one gal joining the guild by getting real "chummy" with the guild master. After watching and listening to her cause massive drama for the lulz I started to call her out all the time. After she started realizing the men in the guild were not going to put up with her crap (excluding the GM) she left. I had the same experience with guys being dicks just to be dicks so it goes both ways.

The moral of the story is - don't stand out in the rain without a steak in the fridge or the iceman will marry a dog on the moon. Or something like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    I'm trying to understand your post sequence and it seems like you're trying to say that a female who uses smilies when she types must be an attention whore. If that's what you're actually saying, to that I must say...you can't be serious.
    No, she wanted to know how to spot a girl. So I said these are things girls typically do.

i think "ahh fuck, here come the leghumping virgins who enjoy chatting with other guys on vent all day"

gets worse when the chick is a fat, ugly walrus and loves the attention. i've just quit guilds mid-raid for shit like that. grow the fuck up and learn how to separate business from your chubby chasing

I tried really hard not to post in this thread, but I just can't stop myself.

The amount of sexism and woman-hating here should set off alarm bells for the OP and others. There's a reason that many of you don't play the game with women, but it isn't them . . . it's you.

I could explain it to you (and you know who you are!), but I think you'll only get it if you actually take the time to examine your own attitudes on the subject and why you feel the need to objectify and paint all women with the same brush.

Think on that for a while and let me know how that comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Just a preemptive warning for the thread: let's be careful with the female jokes here. You might mean your comments about gender roles or skill level in jest but people can and do take them seriously so please let's refrain from making those kinds of comments.
    ban the people who take them seriously then. they're either stupid or some type of bigot

10+ Year Old Account
    So far I've raided in two different guilds (not much, but still raided a bit to experience this stuff). When I think of female (WoW) players I immediately think they're bad unless they prove themself. In my first guild the only female was an older woman, she generally did well and was a great leader. But I always thought she was a bit of a bad player due to not keybinding most of her spells.

The reason I think female players are bad until they prove different is because some female players don't keybind their stuff. And everytime I hear somebody doesn't keybind I automatically mark them as a bad player which makes me mark most female player as bad player.

BUT, now in my new guild, there's also a female player and she does great. Haven't had any issues with her while raiding.

So.. TL;DR
    Because I generally think female players don't keybind their abilities I automatically think they're bad.

Deleted
    I have never reacted when I notice that a girl is in the raid/party etc.

Isnt that very very old? Female gamers are really common these days.

One of these days I'm going to get into a raid/guild and I'll be the only male... It'll basically be this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqTvdz7mv7c

Overall though the only thing I think is "Hey cool, she enjoys this game, awesome".

Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post
    I tried really hard not to post in this thread, but I just can't stop myself.

The amount of sexism and woman-hating here should set off alarm bells for the OP and others. There's a reason that many of you don't play the game with women, but it isn't them . . . it's you.

I could explain it to you (and you know who you are!), but I think you'll only get it if you actually take the time to examine your own attitudes on the subject and why you feel the need to objectify and paint all women with the same brush.

Think on that for a while and let me know how that comes out.
    pick your battles. this isn't one worth fighting. for starters, you won't get laid for being a woman defender (that's your main goal, don't lie, i've seen it) and of course nobody here is anything but a follower, so the alpha male of their group is the one you need to worry about. if he's respectful all the little follower fucks will be too, if he acts like he's in a locker room, they will too.

they're trolling, you're getting "mad for womens' sake" and it's not really a big deal. women can chime in on their own behalf if they feel the need. if you wanna stick up for me, go find a thread that's anti-america and stand up for me

I joined a guild and one of the officers was very against a female raider. He assumed I would be another attention whore with bad dps who would hit on everyone and post pictures of myself holding a camera from above with a low cut shirt showing my tits off. He barely spoke to me and didn't give me the time of day to even try to become my friend. Untill I started dating another guildie. Then he suddenly gave me the time of day.
    We became good friends but eventually he got really freaky and stalkerish, threatening any guy that came near me, and constantly asking me why I wouldn't date him. Why was he not good enough? He got overly attached and it really freaked me out -.-'

3 of the 4 guilds I've been in my mmo days (actual, large guilds participating in clearing content, not just a small group of friends messing around in a new mmo) have been led by females. Played with plenty of females all along my mmo career. Hell, even in FPS's I have. I think nothing when I hear a girl's voice other than "dear god, don't let the other party members be awkward". Most of the annoyance that happens when a girl is around isn't actually due to the girl's behavior at all, it's either the white knights or socially awkward males that end up being the annoyance.
    Last edited by Xenofreak; 2012-11-20 at 11:34 PM. Reason: English, I'm guud at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to explain. So if one of the above is met that would define a girl as an "attenionwhore"?

And yes, if I do have to speak in a pug, I'll speak quietly hoping nobody will notice I'm female. Maybe that's why you gotta turn up the volume, @Kinjin.
    yes this does happen a lot when women try to appeal to horomones to get gold loot or perks, of course there is the opposite side of the spectrum where young men will hit on lonely women in hopes of exploiting them. Just not talked about as much or not as common. xD

I think... well, I think it's just another gamer. I've never understood the fascination with "girl gamers" so many people seem to have. They seem to be almost idolized and it puzzles me.

Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker View Post
    One of these days I'm going to get into a raid/guild and I'll be the only male... It'll basically be this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqTvdz7mv7c

Overall though the only thing I think is "Hey cool, she enjoys this game, awesome".
    funniest part about that was how fucking true it is lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    So far I've raided in two different guilds (not much, but still raided a bit to experience this stuff). When I think of female (WoW) players I immediately think they're bad unless they prove themself. In my first guild the only female was an older woman, she generally did well and was a great leader. But I always thought she was a bit of a bad player due to not keybinding most of her spells.

The reason I think female players are bad until they prove different is because some female players don't keybind their stuff. And everytime I hear somebody doesn't keybind I automatically mark them as a bad player which makes me mark most female player as bad player.

BUT, now in my new guild, there's also a female player and she does great. Haven't had any issues with her while raiding.

So.. TL;DR
    Because I generally think female players don't keybind their abilities I automatically think they're bad.
    http://imageshack.us/a/img443/2775/w...2512122606.jpg
    enough bindings for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    I have to reply because this is like the weirdest assumption I've seen in a gender thread.

I can see the correlation between being a clicker and a lower-skill player, but I see absolutely no logic for associating "clicker" with female. Why would you assume that women are less likely to keybind than men? A shockingly large amount of players in general don't use keybinds. I don't think their gender has anything to do with their decision not to.

I mean, maybe you're right and you have some data I don't have, but reading it made me, "bwah?"

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Is that the healer or DPS? I really don't care what sex you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.