Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

How long till we get Cross-realm AH?

Came back and rerolled on some podunk server that has the smallest economy I have ever seen, go out to farm mats and can't because CRZs make a hugely inflated competition for resources.

CRZs are making servers with horrible economies even worse.

When are we getting CRAHs? It should just be global like GW2's.

I sort of wish, the AH on my server is slim pickings at best Low-levels better be millionaires if they wish to by greens
    Intell 8088 @ 7.14Mhz | 604K RAM | TCGA 16 Color graphics | TWO 5.25" 640K Floppy drives | 10MB Hard disk

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlon View Post
    I sort of wish, the AH on my server is slim pickings at best Low-levels better be millionaires if they wish to by greens
    I'm trying to power level BS and Alch and I'm going to have to wait weeks to cap them because thats how long it takes for mats to go on the AH

Ive been needing to buy a Northern Barrier (if thats its name? ulduar shield anyway) and It is on every AH, apart from my small servers. I would love to buy from a high pop realm!

Deleted
    Probably never OP.

There's no way in hell, purgatory and heaven that blizzard will add anything more to give people less reasons for server transfers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think one of the reasons GW2's CRAH works is because it was implemented from the start. The world sets the price on items depending on global supply and demand thus the economy exists as one and is global. WoW has 241 servers for NA players and 263 for EU. That's 504 separate and independent economies that have been functioning for several years. Merging them could be disastrous to every single one of them.

I don't think this feature will come to WoW, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    I think one of the reasons GW2's CRAH works is because it was implemented from the start. The world sets the price on items depending on global supply and demand. WoW has 241 servers for NA players and 263 for EU. That's 504 separate and independent economies that have been functioning for several years. Merging them could be disastrous to every single one of them.

I don't think this feature will come to WoW, personally.
    I fail to see how merging them would become in any way disastrous. It would provide a more balanced supply and demand for everyone, especially smaller servers.

Oh ya that's a great idea let's make it easier for gold farmers to transfer gold or easier for players to transfer gold/items between realms.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Oh ya that's a great idea let's make it easier for gold farmers to transfer gold or easier for players to transfer gold/items between realms.
    I see nothing wrong with this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    I fail to see how merging them would become in any way disastrous. It would provide a more balanced supply and demand for everyone, especially smaller servers.
    That's the problem. There's no place for brokers and monopolists, it is impossible to make money of AH unless you have a very rare recipe or something hard to come by even with global economy. Because of that you have to craft with a loss untill you max it before you get something worthwhile.

In this system a proffesion with hundreds of item to create turns into a gigantic money sink (if you buy items from Trade Post) or time sink (if you choose to farm them yourself) before you can start making any money from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to think of a real-world scenario that I could suggest hypothetically happening that would give a more clearer view... but nothing is coming to mind, and I'm about a minute from falling face-down on the keyboard due to sleepiness... oh well, I'll just leave it in WoW terms.

Look at it like this: The price of items could either go up or down, depending on supply and demand. People without much gold, but can afford the simple things they need on their current server's economy, could either be able to afford items more easily or run into issues getting the funds. Now take this scenario and add eight zeros behind that one person. Ten million players have the possibility of making it or going through a whole "crash and burn" deal.

At least with the server economies separated, people can always transfer somewhere with a more favorable outlook. This option is eliminated when everywhere you go has the same prices.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 12:15 AM ----------

I see nothing wrong with this.
    You can't be selfish when asking about something that would change the experience on such a large scale. You may not see anything wrong with it, but thousands or millions more might.

I don't see what the problem is really. Considering all the resources are now shared it's a logical step to combine CRZ'd realms economies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    You can't be selfish when asking about something that would change the experience on such a large scale. You may not see anything wrong with it, but thousands or millions more might.
    Whilst thousands or millions might also want this change because their server is low populated and there is nothing to buy, nor anyone to sell to.

I don't think all servers Auction Houses should be shared though, the activity would be insane in that items would be uploaded and taken down constantly, each time you refreshed new items undercutting the other one would have come up. Just like CRZ has a limit as to how many people are in the same phased zone, a shared AH should have a limit as to how much activity it shares at a certain time.

I think the Alliance on my server would want this even more than the Horde on my server, I logged on to an Alliance char a couple of days ago to check and they didn't even have any raiding flasks up...

Deleted
    I think it would work if they cross a few realms ah instead of global. When I'm farming ore or herbs in low population zones I'm up against people from different servers and its just a lot more time consuming for mats especially when the prices on the ah just keep getting worse for low population realms.

Atleast I can imagine hundreds of more people posting same shit. Shit would just get undercut so bad. Like herbs/ores etc would be down to silvers. In the end I guess non-bots would stop farming them.

I hope never. I would fuck up all server's economy.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Whilst thousands or millions might also want this change because their server is low populated and there is nothing to buy, nor anyone to sell to.

I don't think all servers Auction Houses should be shared though, the activity would be insane in that items would be uploaded and taken down constantly, each time you refreshed new items undercutting the other one would have come up. Just like CRZ has a limit as to how many people are in the same phased zone, a shared AH should have a limit as to how much activity it shares at a certain time.

I think the Alliance on my server would want this even more than the Horde on my server, I logged on to an Alliance char a couple of days ago to check and they didn't even have any raiding flasks up...
    Odd I haven't seen thousands of threads asking for this. Most are content with what they have.

Quote Originally Posted by warex00 View Post
    Atleast I can imagine hundreds of more people posting same shit. Shit would just get undercut so bad. Like herbs/ores etc would be down to silvers. In the end I guess non-bots would stop farming them.
    GW2 and WoW have about the same playerbase numbers in US/EU and the AH is shared for everyone in GW2 and this does not happen.

The demand would also increase with the supply. And supply has already been severely cut with the addition of CRZs

GW2 and WoW have about the same playerbase numbers in US/EU and the AH is shared for everyone in GW2 and this does not happen.

The demand would also increase with the supply. And supply has already been severely cut with the addition of CRZs
    I'm sorry are you just pulling numbers out of your ass now?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    I'm sorry are you just pulling numbers out of your ass now?
    No?

The majority of WoW's playerbase is in Asia. If you look at the US/EU numbers each game has about 2.5m