Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Cataclysm could of been an awesome expansion if they used the world more but they didn't. They left all the end game content to the level 80 zones. The whole world changed. They should of used this more to make more world quests and massive world events.
    I also hated DS being out for way too long. The content got stale and they had nothing for players to do. Most players completed the insane achievement in this time because they were that bored with the content.
    They did learn in MOP to make content last for longer. A lot of things are being dragged out like reputation and cooking with the tillers etc so people don't breeze through the content. I have to hand it to Blizzard, this has worked great. It's now 2 months into the expansion and I am still doing things in the game.
    The things I don't like about MOP is the level cap. Another 5 levels is bullshit. They made it only 5 levels last expansion because they were updating the old world and only did 5 levels. MOP is a new expansion so it should of had 10 levels, if not 15 to make it level 100.
    I also don't like the world pvp aspect. I remember Blizzard giving people purpose to attack world cities and to create world pvp. There is nothing like that in MOP. This expansion is based on war - where is the war?

For me its Mists > Vanilla > BC > Wrath > Cata.

Biggest beef with Cata is the inconsistency of the stories for me, not one new place but lots of scattered ones. That made it the worst expansion for me so far. Mists brought back all the stuff i loved in Vanilla, like proper outdoor raid bosses and lots of new things like challenge modes and tillers. I do like Cata for the revamped old zones though, but Wrath and BC still excelled much more as an expansion to me for various reasons. BC brought us Flying, for instance!
    Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug.

For me personally vanilla was best, but mists is second, then BC, then cata and wrath are tied for last. Cata was pretty bad, but wrath was really rough. The naxx tier of raiding was extremely boring after the first or second clear, Ulduar was a very good tier, ToC was extremely boring due to playing the same instance with no trash on 4 different modes... I guess it sounded a lot better on paper lol. Ice crown was a let down for me as a long time fan of the warcraft series, coupled with the fact that it was around for a year. I also didn't like how questing was pretty much negated by easily obtainable epics, I was literally able to get one of my toons in a full set of epics in one day in wotlk, I know most people here don't think that's a big deal, but if you played vanilla, you'd know how difficult it was to even get just one epic lol. On top of that the arena seasons were too long and season 5 in particular was very broken.

With Cata, I think the first tier of raiding was fantastic, the second tier was boring as hell, and considering ZA and ZG were re-released prior to it, it made for an awfully boring tier. Dragon soul IMO was a big let down too, the trash felt really boring all around, and the final DW fight didn't really feel like you were fighting death wing since you were really just attacking his tentacles.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Was Cata actually and legitimately that bad?
    Yes, Cata was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by greg098 View Post
    Most players completed the insane achievement in this time because they were that bored with the content.
    I am extremely skeptical about this claim.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    People will call me mad but I really enjoyed the first half of Cata, when the heroics were a lot harder and when the raids were a lot harder. Somewhere towards the end of Firelands cata got really boring for me and I wasn't a super fan of the DS patch. I also didn't really like the levelling in cata but that was only a small % of the content I played.