Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It shows as a 0.8% DPS gain, yes, but before you crow in victory, consider that simcraft profiles are tuned to within the nth degree to eke out the most damage possible. That doesn't mean humans can reliably execute those profiles. For example, here's one line in the standard 2H frost profile.

actions+=/frost_strike,if=!buff.killing_machine.up&(Blood=0|Frost=0|Unholy=0)

This says you should only frost strike if killing machine isn't up and you don't have any blood, frost, or unholy runes available. Hmm. How often does that situation come up? Would you be able to reliably react to it properly when it does? And the big question-- how much performance is that line worth? According to simcraft, that action is worth 0.6% of total DPS. But it's impossible. You'll never do it.

Nobody actually plays that way. The way you actually play 2H frost is something like this:

keep diseases up
    soul reaper when <=35%
    plague leech if you notice blood plague is <3s (and you aren't lazy like me and skipped PL)
    HB on rime
    obliterate whenever you won't cap runic power
    otherwise, frost strike

And lastly, assuming that you are a WoW god and can reliably execute the simcraft profile every time while also not standing in the fire (which is fairly unlikely, I know I can't), it seems like a ton of work watching swing timers, etc, for a theoretical max gain of 0.8%.
    Ok let's assume you are right (even if you say it's a dps increase).

Why the hell blizz should fix something that none should care about?

And lastly I think the big argument that started this was watching a swing timer - I would make the same argument in my last post on holding an OB for ~1 second for the swing to land to see if I get a KM.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    And lastly I think the big argument that started this was watching a swing timer - I would make the same argument in my last post on holding an OB for ~1 second for the swing to land to see if I get a KM.
    And you arrived at a ~1s delay by...?

Choosing a number of my pleasing. I mean at most it'd be like 2 seconds. So the ~ is where I allowed for that difference.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Waiting one second is probably a safe amount, taking into account the km delay, human reactions and potentially trying to fit in another gcd before your next auto attack.