Poll: Your faction

Page 38 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Converted to EU launcher, created account and then the launcher crashes and disappears when I try to load it up.
    I'm getting the feeling that they should've pushed back their launch rather than rush to get it out as a few of people were saying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Remove the Environment=psg, create a US SoE account at a different game sony hosts, then you can use the american launcher in EU and play on EU servers if you log in with that account, worked out for me yesterday.

Can't post links, create a account here but don't change your location in the creation and the client will believe you are from the US and give no errors. I know its a different game but it gets you a american station account as you can't create one at the planetside site from EU, that account works with planetside 2 as well.

Will probably give problems if you intend to use the cash shop due to regions but that worked for me if you want to play until they sort their crap out, and should still work unless steam is updated to patch your launcher into the EU version.
    Thanks for tips but I'd rather not use gimmicks. You never know if later on something becomes available for the game and you can't get it because your game version is using a gimmick and you're stuck in limbo.

Anyway, it seems now, the launcher pops up and does nothing else. There isn't even a Start button to click and start the game, it just shows those trailers and news and stuff forever.

Maybe after we get a fix for this too, we'll be stuck at the Intro sequence until we get another fix.

So I played for a couple hours yesterday... fun game, but incredibly spammy when attacking bases. The fact that friendly fire is on doesn't help it one bit. As an Engineer trying to keep my team's MAXs healed through a push into a bio-dome I got killed more times by overzealous teammates with grenades and machineguns than by the enemy!

Still, I managed to rack up some good XP just repairing and resupplying people. Barely saw anyone from the other team through the constant hail of bullets, though.

Also, is it just me or there are really no ways to deal with aircraft as a ground soldier in the offensive when you have just started and haven't earned any unlocks yet?
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Also, is it just me or there are really no ways to deal with aircraft as a ground soldier in the offensive when you have just started and haven't earned any unlocks yet?
    Build a MAX, you should get a burster sidearm for free. Even one of them will tear up air, there's nothing they can do about it. As infantry the draw distance for them is so close they'll be running into trees before they can see you but you can nuke them all day long.

It's a good balance point as well because once people start getting STA lock-ons en masse the game gets kind of stupid for people who prefer air.

See, I couldn't for the life of me build any MAXes. Are there any unlocks I need to get, or any resource levels to acquire before they can be built?

EDIT: Nevermind, spelling is hard.
    Last edited by Jangri-; 2012-11-21 at 01:04 PM.

Deleted
    See, I couldn't for the life of me build any MAXes. Are there any unlocks I need to get, or any resource levels to acquire before they can be built?
    Um...maxes are player equipment, you don't build them, you get there where you switch class and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Jim View Post
    Um...maxes are player equipment, you don't build them, you get there where you switch class and stuff.
    They were just not available, for some reason. I could go Infiltrator, Light Assault, Heavy Assault, Engineer and Medic, but the slot for MAX was simply empty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the issues with the launcher and other things, I've decided I may aswell just uninstall it until I'm aware it's been fixed to make sure when I next play it there are no blips in the download client .

After looking on the Steam forums about it, people don't seem to be happy .

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Given the issues with the launcher and other things, I've decided I may aswell just uninstall it until I'm aware it's been fixed to make sure when I next play it there are no blips in the download client .

After looking on the Steam forums about it, people don't seem to be happy .
    PlanetSide 2 properties> Verify integrity of game cache>Open launcher>Wrench>Validate Game assets

That's all I did and I don't have any issues with the launcher. Now it's the weird lag hopping that F2P games always have that's causing a problem for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    PlanetSide 2 properties> Verify integrity of game cache>Open launcher>Wrench>Validate Game assets

That's all I did and I don't have any issues with the launcher. Now it's the weird lag hopping that F2P games always have that's causing a problem for me.
    I'd rather wait and let them get all the blips out of the launcher being US before tbh.
    Also prior to this I tried the above except the launcher wouldn't appear and after repeated attempts to verify it's integrity via steam there was always a file missing. I restarted my comp and tried again with the same results.
    So rather than having to search for a solution to every issue and waste an hour I'd rather let them patch the game that should be playable and restart the installation from scratch to make sure.

Rather than trying all of these different methods to get it working I'd rather just do a re-install of the game.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-11-21 at 02:30 PM.

Deleted
    So, half an hour left at work... still no solution to the EU players to be found? Prepare for another night of doing other stuff?:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    So, half an hour left at work... still no solution to the EU players to be found? Prepare for another night of doing other stuff?:P
    Several people have mentioned that if you're having problems with the EU side, make an SoE account and log into the standard US client and everything works fine.

Also in response to someone else's post, this isn't a gimmick and was made clear by SoE and the company doing the EU side that it's perfectly fine, after all you have to use your SoE account to get the PS1 Veteran rewards even if you're in the EU.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Deleted
    It's not really advisable playing on the US side if you're from the EU, unless you like high latency and, considering this is a FPS, thus really dependent on the player's reaction time, having high latency is gonna hurt quite a lot.

Deleted
    So, people on the official EU forums seem to have figured out what the problem is. It's nothing on SOE's side, it's apparently got something to do with the launcher getting an incorrect response from ProSieben's servers.

I played this some last night. The initial load times are really slow
    other then that though, I had some fun but man I am terrible at this game. Think my K: D is like 3:20

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Jim View Post
    It's not really advisable playing on the US side if you're from the EU, unless you like high latency and, considering this is a FPS, thus really dependent on the player's reaction time, having high latency is gonna hurt quite a lot.
    You can play on the EU servers with the standard SoE client. The server list contains every server.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Deleted
    Ah, okay, guess I'll try doing that.

Deleted
    EU launcher appears to be working for me now. In the process of downloading an update at the minute, got past the TOS fine.

They were just not available, for some reason. I could go Infiltrator, Light Assault, Heavy Assault, Engineer and Medic, but the slot for MAX was simply empty.
    You have to visit a resupply terminal and then switch to MAX there. Or, you can select MAX while spawning on bases controlled by you.