Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

DK class fixed MoP....your welcome.

Here we go, and blizz dont even have to pay me.

All specs:
    Strangulate: remove rune cost, GCD and facing requirement
    Boneshield: make this baseline
    Icebound Fortitude: Increase dmg reduction

Unholy:
    Remove Pet summon CD, remove all pet spells of GCD, and remove rune cost from Dark Transformation.

Frost:
    Increase Chains of Ice duration.
    Overall Frost dmg needs to be reduced a bit, maybe?

Fixed your dk class for you right here.

Your welcome :P

(This post is aimed at PVPers)
    Last edited by Aneska; 2012-11-21 at 01:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, sir. But I'm fine with my damage, thank you.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ajamu/advanced <---- That's my DK right over there.

Deleted
    DK needs a buff?

The hell am I reading?

10+ Year Old Account
    My welcome? I always wanted a welcome. I'm glad I have one to add to my collection jar of random greetings. You're quite awesome, sir.

Anyway, I was under the assumption that DKs damage is quite decent at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Aneska View Post
    By how much? Also, grats on making an already strong tank stronger in PvE.

Again, by how much? We need specific numbers if you're going to 'fix' the class.

How? Would you nerf Obliterate? Frost Strike? Increase the cooldowns on Runes? Maybe change one of their DPS cooldowns?

You've fixed nothing. Just thrown out a bunch of vague suggestions. Give us specifics, go into exact detail about your changes. That's what Blizzard needs if they're going to use your suggestions to 'fix' Death Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    DK needs a buff?

The hell am I reading?
    For arenas they kinda do (Unless they play with a warrior).

Deleted

All specs:

Unholy:
    Remove Pet summon CD, remove all pet spells of GCD, and remove rune cost from Dark Transformation.

Frost:

I only approve the removal of rune cost from DT.

Reduce Frost damage? Really?

15+ Year Old Account

All specs:
    You already got interrupt without GCD so no.

You already have plenty defensive tools.

You want more DMG reduction on top of being immune to stuns?

Unholy:
    All pet summons have cooldown. What would be the point of killing/cc-ing DK's pet when he can summon another one as soon as you kill/land cc on him?

Frost:
    CoI is fine, so is Frost damage.

You're*

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    I don't pvp but from what i understand DKs are shit in arenas atm because they really don't

Well Good effort but it's pointless to try something like when others think that "dk's are fine, they have plenty of defensive tools".

People point fingers to GC saying he knows nothing about the game and nothing about pvp balance, still they don't know better either.

DKs currently need a bit of cc / more damage reduction abilities to avoid being a lot squishy;

1- Make asphyxiate base line instead of strangulate
    2- Remorseless Winter: even noobs can avoid being frozen with it's mechanic. Make it so that it freezes after 2-3 stacks. (decrease stun duration by 1-2 seconds to compensate)
    3- Bone Shield baseline allspecs

Unholy
    1- Increase pet stamina so it survives a bit more, currently they die rather quickly.

Let's put more suggestions see what works and what doesn't

UGH. I wanted to say my welcome? But I got beaten to it.

Also, sure dk could use a little bit of tuning in a few minor areas but its not that bad. Certainly doesn't need all of that.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    You already got interrupt without GCD so no.
    So does every other melee class,but i am not advocating that every class schould be the same in all categories

They do not seem to be enough for where it matters i.e arena

You want more DMG reduction on top of being immune to stuns?
    The % dmg reduction is not the same as bloods unless you mean a 20% damage reduction every 3 minutes or 1,5 minute if glyphed is too big to be coupled with the stun immunity

All pet summons have cooldown. What would be the point of killing/cc-ing DK's pet when he can summon another one as soon as you kill/land cc on him?
    If they remove the gcd/reduce the cooldown on ghoul shield wall ability perharps things would be better

CoI is fine, so is Frost damage.
    Considering how coi expends a rune when other classes ''right click" their slows it may need some sort of adjustment

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    I don't pvp but from what i understand DKs are shit in arenas atm because they really don't
    At the moment lots of classes are looking shit because of the so called "godmode" classes (aka spriest, mage, warrior etc.).

After patch lots of stuff will get fixed with said classes and we'll see how will it roll.

It would be a shame if they added/buffed some stuff with DK just to get prove that it was over the top and require a nerf.

DKs do need a buff in PvP. Even the mighty Another thinks so. The problem is that while our sustained damage is high, our CC and survivability isn't high enough. And whilst this might be easily fixable by reducing our damage to compensate for increased survivability and CC, it'll affect our PvE damage.

At the moment lots of classes are looking shit because of the so called "godmode" classes (aka spriest, mage, warrior etc.).

After patch lots of stuff will get fixed with said classes and we'll see how will it roll.

It would be a shame if they added/buffed some stuff with DK just to get prove that it was over the top and require a nerf.
    I agree for the most part, but as far as I see there haven't been any changes that address Frost and Unholy in PvP. How ever we don't need all of these changes, as they would defiantly be overkill, at most making Bone shield baseline would be enough.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 08:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by flashur View Post
    DKs do need a buff in PvP. Even the mighty Another thinks so. The problem is that while our sustained damage is high, our CC and survivability isn't high enough. And whilst this might be easily fixable by reducing our damage to compensate for increased survivability and CC, it'll affect our PvE damage.
    This is another thing that worries me. For the most part Frost is right about where it should be for Damage and unholy is on the lower end, I am concerned that too much QQ about PvP is going to gimp PvE.

Lol.

Unholy > Frost. Retarded damage, both burst and consistant. Not as much burst as Frost but way more consistant damage. They're basically Warlocks, DoTs everywhere ticking for metric fucktons of damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

Deleted
    PVE-ers, please get out of this threat. Dks have no issues in pve so reading "my dk is fine" while it refers strictly to pve, is completely irrelevant.

OT: Dks have a major problem with survivability, not damage. They have no damage avoidance/mitigation cooldown besides the measly 20% of IBF when all other melee have better such cooldowns. How the fuck is a dk supposed to handle a cooldown stacking warrior ?! There is nothing you can do but try to facetank it, which is not gonna work.

Suggestion:
    Glyph of Remorseless Winter. The mists of the frozen wastes sorround you causing you to fade out of sight. You become untargetable by direct attacks for the duration but your remorseless winter no longer slows nor stuns the targets in its range. This also removes all your threat.

Need to be stronger versus heavy-armored classes and a little weaker versus light armor. This wasn't a problem in cata since most of our damage was frost damage.

I suggest them to rework "Might of the Frozen Wastes" and "Threat of Thassarian" to no longer increase FS and Obliterate damage. Keep the other bonuses. Increase FS-damage by 30% and Obliterate-damage by 10% for all frost DK's instead, also make Obliterate ignore 15% armor per diseases. This would even things out. We would be strong against heavy armor again and less OP against Light armor.

I would also love to see a new dps-skill with around 15-30sec CD. I think frost has too few damaging skills. Not for a dps-increase but for some change to our boring rotation. Soul Reaper also need some use in PvP for frost, because it's hardly worth putting on the action bar now

Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Lol.

Unholy > Frost. Retarded damage, both burst and consistant. Not as much burst as Frost but way more consistant damage. They're basically Warlocks, DoTs everywhere ticking for metric fucktons of damage.
    Lol funny I never see any Unholy dks and the ones that i do see never come close to even weaker geared Frost dks. There are numerous logs/sims that support this, so please get your facts strait before you post.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 10:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Jim View Post
    PVE-ers, please get out of this threat. Dks have no issues in pve so reading "my dk is fine" while it refers strictly to pve, is completely irrelevant.
    Just gonna point out many people do both, and it usually is true that PvP changes affect PvE as well, so to basically say that their concerns are irrelevant is short sighted.
    Last edited by Kaosbringer; 2012-11-21 at 06:32 PM.