Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm call me cheap but I'm gonna hold off on buying everything I want until Christmas that isn't 66% - 75% off. There's a good month between now and the Christmas sales so it wouldn't surprise me if a couple games will be reduced slightly more by then.

I hope this thread or one like it will have people giving shout outs to good games to pick up, always nice to hear recommendations from others .

Out of boredome, if one was interested inn a sand-box game, rpg or something what would be a good thing ? Really just don't have a hype for any games atm.

I never did try Elder scrolls-series, not sure if it was ever any good for me. Some of my friends bought it trough, said they liked it.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    I doubt I'll buy anything, crappy laptop ftw.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who isn't seeing this magical sale? I saw this thread and got excited, only to get to steam and see nothing. What am I missing?

Deleted
    Might buy a few things, have a few games on my mind but every sale seems to offer similar games, and I've bought most of them now. Games like GTA series will most likely be on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Am I the only one who isn't seeing this magical sale? I saw this thread and got excited, only to get to steam and see nothing. What am I missing?
    I believe it starts in either 30 mins or 1:30, I saw 6pm but not sure if thats GMT or Paris time.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2012-11-21 at 04:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    I believe it starts in either 30 mins or 1:30, I saw 6pm but not sure if thats GMT or Paris time.
    Is there anything more official? I see all the usual sites linking to this same blog post, but since he has no actual say in what Steam does...I don't know where we're getting a launch time from. They could always decide to not do one and just wait for Christmas.

10+ Year Old Account
    They always start around mid day in US and in th evening for EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Hmmm call me cheap but I'm gonna hold off on buying everything I want until Christmas that isn't 66% - 75% off. There's a good month between now and the Christmas sales so it wouldn't surprise me if a couple games will be reduced slightly more by then.

I hope this thread or one like it will have people giving shout outs to good games to pick up, always nice to hear recommendations from others .
    That's what I do every sale. If something wasn't cheap enough on the summer sale? Eh, I can wait til Christmas. Still not cheap enough? I don't mind waiting for summer. I actually just bought oblivion last Christmas sale, so I know I will probably be waiting a while to get Skyrim (I mainly want some sort of ultimate edition with all DLC/expacs, and as they are still coming out with more, I'll probably wait a while, unless the main game is on way cheap sale)

Also, past sales usually start at 12 Noon central time for me, so I'd guess it will start in about an hour and a half

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 10:37 AM ----------

Is there anything more official? I see all the usual sites linking to this same blog post, but since he has no actual say in what Steam does...I don't know where we're getting a launch time from. They could always decide to not do one and just wait for Christmas.
    Nothing official, but I've seen a lot of game developers mention to keep an eye on Steam this week. Runic Games said Torchlight 2 would be on sale on Steam this week without giving an exact day
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Steam sales should start in 1 hour and 9 minutes.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I might get a few games hoping to find darksiders 2 cheap i missed the last sale on that game but it looks great

No clue what I want, but I'll probably end up buying something anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm nothing posted yet =/

Might need to wait until 11 my time, it seems like these usually start at 10am PST

Im hoping for a killer deal on Skyrim =)

10+ Year Old Account
    As this will coincide with Thanksgiving in USA I'd like to point out for those who don't know that Torchlight 2 will be on offer.
    The game was stellar and if you're after a great Diablo style game I highly recommend it.

Here's the source - http://www.torchlight2game.com/news/...-thanksgiving/
    "We're thankful for fans, and we're showing it by putting Torchlight II on sale! "

If you're interested there's a demo in Steam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Here's the source - http://www.torchlight2game.com/news/...-thanksgiving/
    "We're thankful for fans, and we're showing it by putting Torchlight II on sale! "
    Thats hilarious. We are thankful for our fans, so we are giving our non fans a discount!

Not like its expensive to begin with and I preordered to get TL1 free. But I still think the statement is funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Thats hilarious. We are thankful for our fans, so we are giving our non fans a discount!

Not like its expensive to begin with and I preordered to get TL1 free. But I still think the statement is funny.
    Just because someone didn't buy it at $20 doesn't mean they aren't a fan. Additionally, I purchased it at full price but will pick up some gift copies if it is $10 or under. It's actually a great way to get more 'fans' playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post

Indeed it is a little funny to say such a thing, but I've always liked Runic . Their recent patch added an Owl and Honey Badger pet so I'm glad they're continuing to add content.

Still, if it's going to be on offer you can't moan. Hopefully I can get my bro to play it so I can have a go with him.

Deleted
    Bah, just bought the 4pack of Torchlight for 60 euro's 2 weeks ago ^^
    Didn't know there would be an autumn sale, thought the next sale would be the christmas one.

Oh god... I've spent far too much money already this month. Was hoping I would be free of anymore temptation until the Christmas sale. Must. Resist...

Edit- Yup, sale has started!

10+ Year Old Account
    Its up .

EDIT: Haha, i like how they increased skyrim price then reduced it by 33%. I bought it for £19.99 last week and now its £23.44 in the sale :s
    Last edited by hiragana; 2012-11-21 at 06:06 PM.

The deals themselves have shown up, but the sales prices have not been updated yet.

"How about a full-priced XCOM on sale?!"