Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

<DREAM Paragon> 3/4 HC Terrace - Will they finish @ #1?

Looking at a time per boss kill (efficiency), it looks like Paragon currently is creeping up from behind. Assuming both 25 and 10 are tuned the same, if they claim World First SoF, would it make sense to break down rankings into 10 man vs 25 man or should they remain in the same global bracket?

Since some fights, historically speaking, have been harder on 25 and on 10, wouldnt it be fair to still give both raid sizes equal weights? Im sure <DREAM Paragon> could have kept this momentum up even under the 25 man umbrella if it wasn't for the exodus of players f rom their former roster.

A majority of us were talking in mIRC this morning and alot of condolences have gone out repeatedly to <Blood Legion> - they are number one during parts of the race, but tend to fall short towards the end.. or will BL finally claim what they've been reaching for at the end of a tier?
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-11-22 at 09:35 AM.

Only 25 is considered world 1st.

You know exactly what you said. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-11-22 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    In 25s bracket.

Well we all know how negative paragon was about 10 man, "only 25 man matters in world first races", "we switched to 10 man after 43534x wipes and 1 shot that boss" etc.

World first is world first imo but mighty dream paragon always knows the best so 10 man doesnt count. Ofc they can celebrate their 10 man world first which is a lower bracket in their opinion.

People only care for 10s now because of Paragon.

Deleted
    Atleast for me, there is world first 10man and world first 25 separate
    But then - there is one World First guild killed a boss - faster than any other 25 or 10 man guilds.

It doesn't matter if is easier or not, on one or other, if Paragon kill it before others - they will be the world first overall, and world first in 10man aswell, while if they dont - they will be world first in 10man, but world second (or third) overall.

I raid 25 in Mop, used to raid 10 in cata (if matters)

no one cares about 10

Last edited by Azshira; 2012-11-22 at 09:37 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    Atleast for me, there is world first 10man and world first 25 separate
    But then - there is one World First guild killed a boss - faster than any other 25 or 10 man guilds.

It doesn't matter if is easier or not, on one or other, if Paragon kill it before others - they will be the world first overall, and world first in 10man aswell, while if they dont - they will be world first in 10man, but world second (or third) overall.

I raid 25 in Mop, used to raid 10 in cata (if matters)
    Makes sense, since in the real world we also give gold medals for 99 meter sprints and 100 meter seperately!

Deleted
    no one cares about 25

Last edited by Azshira; 2012-11-22 at 09:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 and 25 shouldn't be put together. If Paragon gets world first, it would be 10man world first. 25man would still be unclaimed at that point.

15+ Year Old Account
    US and their 1 day lead :>

You can't say 10's and 25's are the same difficulty when even Paragon admitted that 10 mans are a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by purplelace View Post
    harder on 25 man
    Some bosses are harder on 10 man. I mean there are more 10 man guild so if 10 man was easier #1 it would already have been cleared and by tons of guilds.
    I have raided 10 and 25 this tier on 2 different toons, both on heroic. I have to say (personal opinion) most bosses are easier on 25 man.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 07:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Solidusbr View Post
    People only care for 10s now because of Paragon.
    Paragon fan boys only care about 10's because of paragon.
    Unless you are in that guild I don't see why you care who is world first to anything honestly.

Ugh not even off the first page and this thread has devolved into the same BS that these threads nearly-invariably do
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    This. I raid 25 man, and we did one reset in 10 man and that shit was a total joke in comparison.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    10 and 25 shouldn't be put together. If Paragon gets world first, it would be 10man world first. 25man would still be unclaimed at that point.
    Even if 10 and 25 would be seperate it would still be first in either difficulty and therefore world first

Quote Originally Posted by Kensura View Post
    This. I raid 25 man, and we did one reset in 10 man and that shit was a total joke in comparison.
    Every raid I've ever done was the same - struggle on 25 a bit... then rofl facestomp 10 man. Although I am not even trying to say which is better or harder - this was just my personal experience thrown into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensura View Post
    Exactly. Good players know 10 man is easier, because your individual effort, as a good player, counts far more than it does in a 25 man. There's also less shit for you to do or worry about for each individual person (less adds, less people, etc.). Any good 25 man raiders can confirm this for themselves whenever they step into a 10 man, save for some specific fights (such as Sarth 3D).

If you're not a good player, I can see why you'd think 10 man is harder since you definitely can't be carried in a 10 man.

That's why Paragon has been sitting at the #1 spot this whole expansion. Moron 25 man raider.

When bosses go down this fast for big guilds its all about who starts first, world first isn't so important here