Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    I like the gear grind, slowly noticing myself become more powerful. Just takes a large part out of the game imo while completely ruining the experience for everyone else. Just selfish twats that have no consideration for other players basically.
    I can understand gear grinding. But what I don't understand is how you can enjoy that gear grind when it entails you getting your ass kicked constantly and effectively bringing the team down because you're undergeared. You're no better than a geared bot in all honesty.

P.S. YAY 6k POSTS! God...I've been on this site for 4 years now...
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Also daily quests could be very compelling reason to bot. I hate dailies, and I never did them until now because you have to raid.

Dont try and argue that, every guild I've apped too asked if I was doing dailies to spend vp.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I can understand gear grinding. But what I don't understand is how you can enjoy that gear grind when it entails you getting your ass kicked constantly and effectively bringing the team down because you're undergeared. You're no better than a geared bot in all honesty.

P.S. YAY 6k POSTS! God...I've been on this site for 4 years now...
    I'd still rather take a badly geared player who goes to kill efc than a well geared bot who will run around aimlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Why..?

This is something that's been puzzling me lately; why do people use bots in battlegrounds? What do they gain from it?

Something else that troubles me is that I've seen Arena Masters, Hero of the Alliance/Horde and Grand Marshals/Warlords botting. What possible reason could they have for doing it?
    First I think you need to define bot.
    At level 70 I ran 4 windows of WoW open afking in BG's while watching something else on the pc going back and occasionally making my characters jump.
    I have not done anything like this since, but I have definitely given up in BG's and went AFK or did something that had little or no consequence to the outcome of the game. This is not botting. There wasn't and still aren't penalties associated with this behavior, therefore it is perfectly alright to do. Everyone has their own ways of justifying it or not justifying it, but if there's no penalties expect it to be done.

If you're wondering why arena masters and other people with high level pvp titles do it, then you clearly lack some major understanding of what honor is, what you spend it on, and how titles are acquired.
    I earned arena master 3 years ago, what possible reason could I have for wanting honor now? <----- That is how you make that question look

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    It's got nothing to do with other players at all. You're an exception. Most people don't like the gear grind, or the disadvantage that comes with being undergeared, so they bypass it. I don't bot, but I get it. Sometimes by the time I have the gear I'm burnt out and don't even really enjoy the benefits of being fully geared. I've always been tempted to bot, at least for the first season of each expansion, but I don't because with my luck, I'd be one of the few to get caught and banned.
    It's got everything to do with other players. It's destroyed a large part of the game for the rest of the player base. 3rd party programs killed diablo 2. I sure hope they don't kill wow bgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Also daily quests could be very compelling reason to bot. I hate dailies, and I never did them until now because you have to raid.

Dont try and argue that, every guild I've apped too asked if I was doing dailies to spend vp.
    Those guilds are pretty bad and ill informed then. Any guild who is anyone now can gear a heroic geared player without touching dailies. You'll want 3k valor for the patch, but you don't need to do dailies and if they are struggling to where they need you to do dailies, they have issues with the current members.

Deleted
    No matter why they are doing it, there is so many of them in random BGs that it completely ruined that aspect of game for me.