Page 1 of 2
LastLast

1st time android user... Cannot decide on what android phone to get

/10charsss
    Last edited by Lychee3000; 2016-01-10 at 08:33 PM.

Didn't read the whole thing.

Going to just ask why you're not going to get the Samsung Galaxy S 3 or at least a Droid RAZR-family phone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy S3... most other androids are cheap pieces of shit. Well not true. HTC one x is good. And people rave about the Razr phones. Its worth the extra money to get one of these believe me.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    Galaxy S3... most other androids are cheap pieces of shit. Well not true. HTC one x is good. And people rave about the Razr phones. Its worth the extra money to get one of these believe me.
    I have a RAZR. I won't say I don't fucking love it. I'm not sure what advantages the S3 has over it, though (American Galaxy S 3 is only a dual core phone for some reason).

I still recommend the RAZR or S3 phones. I understand the new Google phone sold out in hours, too. Or was that a tablet...

15+ Year Old Account
    If it's available for your carrier, I would suggest any of the "Nexus" phones, pure Google Android without any bloatware added to the phone by manufacturers or carriers.

- Nexus One
    - Nexus S
    - Galaxy Nexus
    - Nexus 4

Galaxy S3 definitely.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people will recommend the GS3.
    Why you might ask?
    Because it's awesome!

I was wondering what the hell this website was that you were buying it from. Took me a while to realize it's Canadian.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-11-21 at 09:02 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing to keep in mind about Wind is that they don't use the same frequency band as everyone else in Canada. They use HSPA+ over the AWS bands, same as T-mobile in the USA. There are not a huge number of phones that support doing that. GSMarena shows us a grand total of 34 current android devices with support without any other qualifications.

I personally wouldn't recommend current HTC phones. I don't like their iphoneizing with ditching removable batteries and microSD slots. And the only other HTC device they offer other than the One S is the old Amaze, which is basically obsolete, though they did release an ICS update for it.

Huawei has claimed they plan to release semi-monthly updates for their phones, but given that their flagship phone (your mentioned Huawei Ascend D1 Quad XL) still hasn't been updated to any version of jelly bean, that should be taken with a grain of salt.

Another one to consider would be the new Nexus 4. It's built by LG, but the software is Android straight from Google, without any manufacturer addons or overlays.
    Last edited by Masark; 2012-11-21 at 09:03 PM.

I'd get a Google Nexus 4, if only for the OS support (seeing as Google makes Android)
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    galaxy S3 is currently the best IMO

Deleted
    I had an HTC ONE X, an amazing phone with a brilliant display loved it, my prev phone was an S2 and an iphone 4(still using the iphone 4, its from work), the htc one X was my best smartphone experience, the S3 is a a better phone in benchmarks, if that matters for you then go with S3, if u want something that is made to last(quality build i mean) go with the HoX, the white version is just amazing! loved it! if you hate big phones or you "cant handle them" i reccomend you the Htc one S(not the black one, has some problems with the painting), Sense UI from HTC is very user friendly also, the interface from samsung in my opinion s**ks b**ls no offence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anshinritsumai View Post
    If it's available for your carrier, I would suggest any of the "Nexus" phones, pure Google Android without any bloatware added to the phone by manufacturers or carriers.

- Nexus One
    - Nexus S

- Galaxy Nexus
    - Nexus 4
    These two are too outdated that buying a potato with an antenna would be a better deal than them.

/10charsss

I recently got a Galaxy Ace, and compared to what I had (Sony Ericsson W580i) it's miles better, it works great. If you have the money go for a Samsung Galaxy SIII.

I have a galaxy nexus thru rogers and its fun and easy to use but the battery life is utter shit and reception is shit too. Its the only android phone I can give you advice on.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

Deleted
    Currently rocking an XPERIA S, and I love it! Sure, it's not Jellybean, yet. However, the resolution and the ppi of the screen is basically the best you can get on the market. The phone is big, but not too big for a pocket, it's fast and has a really good camera. But seriuosly, the main sellingpoint is for me the screen, it's so pretty =3

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lychee3000 View Post
    Well, I guess you should read then...

The reason is because I don't want to get the same thing thing that everyone does (Samsung)... And I have seen and heard bad reviews on Razr phones.
    Be careful what sites and reviews you look at. There are many iphone lovers hating on android devices and vise vers. I personally manage a Verizon Corporate account with 100's of phones. S3 is good but would not be my first choice. Personally and from what i heard from many users they are not happy with the samsung software. If it was me i would go full steam for razr maxx or razr maxx HD. The phone is nothing less then amazing. And have had no issues with over 100+ users on the razr's. Just my 2 cents.

Also side note they always ask me what is the best. There is no the best. It's more of a personal deal. I always recommend going down to the store and playing with all of them for over a hour to get the feel for what you like best. And yup razr wins 99% of the time lol. Again just my 2 cents.

/10charsss

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee3000 View Post
    Well, I guess you should read then...

The reason is because I don't want to get the same thing thing that everyone does (Samsung)... And I have seen and heard bad reviews on Razr phones.
    Bad review on a RAZR phone? I don't think that's possible. I got mine earlier this year and it was not AMONG the top-rated phones... it was THE top rated phone and I have to fully agree. It was only surpassed by the S3 in terms of feedback.

I suppose if you're looking hard enough you'll find a bad review on anything, though.

/10charsss