10+ Year Old Account
    Grats Treann.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    I type up my wall of text and Deca is offline. 3:
    + 48.
    Ely types wall of text.
    Wall of text hits Decagon for 50,000 damage (critical). Decagon dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are now my favorite person in the world, Ely.

Yeah, that actually makes a lot of sense. 0.0

They seem to have gotten a pretty damn good system down, especially since they generally look at your A2, rather than your AS. I love how you know that there will be a test at the end of the Unit, and you're given time to work specifically on the Official Exams. It really seems like that system give a lot of chances beyond the first one, which is good, because getting stuck knowing that one low score 4 years ago is going to screw up your life forever sucks.

I should probably return the favor and explain the United States system :

We have 4 years and we have to take X classes but we can also choose some classes. When you take those classes, at the end of the marking period (when they do grades) they administer an "End of Level Test" which means nothing for the student, but it assesses how well the teachers are doing. When the marking period ends, you're given a grade, from 1-4. You are stuck with that grade until you die, unless you retake the class, in which case, you are given the average grade of both attempts, but you can't retake some classes and you have limited room for retaking classes.

Grades are given out entirely by the teacher, the teacher can grade you 90% for homework, 5% for productive attendance, and 5% for tests, if they wish, but how they grade is again, entirely up to the teacher. At the end of high school, they average out all your grades and give you a GPA (grade point average, scored 1-4) and you present those grades to postsecondary institutions and they accept you if you have good grades and a good SAT/ACT score.

Depending on where you live, you are either forced to take a standardized test (either the ACT or the SAT) or you are encouraged to do so and will NOT be accepted into any university besides a select few if you do not. Both tests are graded in 4 sections: Reading, English, Math, and Science. For Reading, you are given a passage to read and you must answer questions concerning the passage you just read (based on context what does X word mean, what is message the author is conveying), for Science, you are generally given a graphical representation of an experiment and you must answer the questions based off of the graphical representation. Math and English are relatively self-explanatory. You are given individual grades for each section and you get an overall score (the mean of each section) the overall score is the ONLY thing that matters.

Universities will accept you based entirely on your GPA, ACT/SAT score, recommendations (they don't really matter much) or if you do sports.

However, if your grades are bad, as long as you pass high school or get an education "equivalent" to high school, you can go to a community college for 2 years where you can use those grades to apply to a real University.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Deleted
    Grats Players

10+ Year Old Account
    I type up my wall of text and Deca is offline. 3:

+ 48.
    I wasn't offline! I read the whole thing! Not sure why it showed me offline.

Something.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    + 46

Why am I typing stop instead of stupid now?

Ah, that makes more sense...
    What game?

+-0

Gz Treann!

Deleted
    Darksiders 2, Asmekiel.

A boss is bugged, and my laptop being shitty doesn't help the boss being not bugged, apparently.

Started the game from start two times and it's still glitched/bugged, re installing now, if it still doesn't work, I'm going to throw a tantrum.

Deleted

Deleted
    HI! Ew, creepy cat... Wolverine thingy.

I'm finally done with my presentation on the innate and adaptive immune system. Major histocompatibility complex.
    -0+
    I'm not getting my beauty sleep now, and it's picture day tomorrow

10+ Year Old Account
    Darksiders 2, Asmekiel.

A boss is bugged, and my laptop being shitty doesn't help the boss being not bugged, apparently.

Started the game from start two times and it's still glitched/bugged, re installing now, if it still doesn't work, I'm going to throw a tantrum.
    Flail some headphones and punch some doors?

Did you "Verify the Integrity of the Game Cache"? (assuming you bought it from steam).

Hi Gen.

Something.

Deleted
    Almost finishing installing the game...

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 11:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Flail some headphones and punch some doors?

Did you "Verify the Integrity of the Game Cache"? (assuming you bought it from steam).
    No idea what that is. The problem lies in the game save files, they get corrupted, or it's just the game itself and it's also something to do with the fps being low, and yeah, if it's fps problems, then I'll never be able to finish the game because I won't be having a computer/laptop in years...

Ah. That seems a lot similar to Uni life, Deca. The marking done by teachers (not by official, external exam boards), and the no room for error. I don't like the standardised tests though, and how you're immediately put down depending on where you come from. Interesting stuff though!

Also, the AS/A2 can be retaken multiple times afterwards, if you fail them. Or if you want to do different subjects. I myself have done the AS year twice (I changed my subjects). I'm currently doing A2.

Hi Geng!

I'm sure you'll be the prettiest girl there. Don't worry.

Deleted
    Wolverines are sick sick animals.
    I'm sure you'll be the prettiest girl there. Don't worry.
    Oh stop it you!

Deleted
    Hi Gemi.

Hi Geng.

Bork.

-0+

Electives-like Deca?

OMGENGAGEM!
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    You can retake AS/A2 even if you're no longer in that age group?

Something.

No idea what that is. The problem lies in the game save files, they get corrupted, or it's just the game itself and it's also something to do with the fps being low, and yeah, if it's fps problems, then I'll never be able to finish the game because I won't be having a computer/laptop in years...
    Then we'll both finish it around the same time. With how much time WoW consumes, I won't play another game for years

I just quit raiding.. I have mixed feelings about this, but I took 1 hour to write this in our guild's forums and I want to share it with you guys.

I think most of the people would agree that things aren't going well for us lately. I won't just list everything that's wrong and why, I'll just explain my perspective.

I don't enjoy the raids anymore. I have a lot of shit going around me and I want raids to be an escaping place from those problems. But some people/things are making this experience a living hell. I'm pretty sure I don't want to sit on vent in complete silence and wait for the boss to be pulled. I'm also pretty sure that I'm sick of the constant bitchfight of power conflicts.

There is a raid leader and his officers in the raid. And there are guild and raid rules. I'm not directing this to anyone, but I just don't want to be a part of this trainwreck of a raid.

I was unexpectedly happy after certain news I heard yesterday night. It made me clearly see that I don't want to do this anymore.

All this, and I also want to fix the trainwreck of a life that I have currently. My attendance to school is almost nonexistent, I get 0/100's from midterms, I don't do any assignments, but worst of all, I broke my mother's heart over a stupid game tonight.

Even if I'm not going to study more, I at least want to be sure that I don't have to be doing what I don't even enjoy for 12 hours a week, because it's taking from me more than I imagined it would.

I'm really sad about this, and this wasn't an easy decision.

Love
    Meys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Then we'll both finish it around the same time. With how much time WoW consumes, I won't play another game for years
    Atleast you're playing something that doesn't bore you.

I'm tired of playing LoL and TWD is kinda boring atm...

Deleted
    DURUNGEUNE!!!

You people write too much shat!

10+ Year Old Account

Go to Library, right-click a game, click properties, go to local files, then click on verify the integrity of the game cache. Usually Steam will find any missing or corrupt files from that and so it usually fixes it. It's a lot quicker to do that than reinstall, but reinstalling is also a valid option if that doesn't work.

Treann, I'm not sure if you're asking what electives are, if I like electives or if they like me.

Something.