Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lychee3000 View Post
    I have mainly heard that Razr phones, due to their thickness or lack thereof, they are not very... durable? or something around the lines of that...
    Not durable? Should I make a video of me throwing mine into a wall and it being just fine? I've drunkenly dropped this thing on a sidewalk AND stepped on it and the screen doesn't even have a scratch.

Only one I have any experience with is a Casio Commando, it is a POS avoid it.

I have mainly heard that Razr phones, due to their thickness or lack thereof, they are not very... durable? or something around the lines of that...
    This is NOT true in any sense, I have had a Razr Maxx since it became available. I have recommended to a lot of my friends and know that it is extremely durable. My company just happened to provide me with the Razr Maxx HD, heck my entire team throughout the country just got that device. And everyone LOVES the device. It is extremely well made and the screen has is definitely a huge improvement over the Razr Maxx. So if you can afford it go with the Razr Maxx HD if not go with the Razr Maxx. But as someone noted above, go to the store and play with them. Try them out, take your time doing it and get a good feel.

BTW, Motorola has done an awesome job in updating the devices too with the Razr line. They launched the HD without the latest update however it should be done by end of this month.

My background is in the Wireless industry since the early 90's, I am very agnostic when it comes to devices and love playing with all manufacturers. I am most likely going to update to the SIII in Feb when eligible since I have the HD for work, kind of weird walking around with 2 Razr Maxx devices. lol

Like many others have said.

Galaxy S3, it's not even close. The thing is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Riidii View Post
    Like many others have said.

Galaxy S3, it's not even close. The thing is amazing.
    He doesn't want to get "what everyone else is getting" despite the fact that there's a reason for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    He doesn't want to get "what everyone else is getting" despite the fact that there's a reason for it.
    I'll be the first person to call something out as over-hyped. But not in this case.

Don't think twice OP, get the S3.

Well, I guess you should read then...

The reason is because I don't want to get the same thing thing that everyone does (Samsung)... And I have seen and heard bad reviews on Razr phones.
    Why do you not want a phone that other people have?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping not to get a Samsung anything phone if possible since... I just want something different and not something that almost everyone has.
    You may want to take into consideration that a "something different" phone will mean accessories (cases, holsters, replacement batteries, etc.) will be basically unobtainable, or of very limited select even if they do exist.

Deleted
    if you want to spend a good deal of money on a great phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 ...
    if you want to spend less: any other Samsung Galaxy... ^^

/10charsss
    Last edited by Lychee3000; 2016-01-10 at 08:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I guess you should read then...

The reason is because I don't want to get the same thing thing that everyone does (Samsung)... And I have seen and heard bad reviews on Razr phones.
    IMO, that is a pretty terrible reason to not get the best phone on the market. Why does it matter that other people have it?

You want to be unique, the only thing that is the same between my GS3 to some other guys is the fact that it has the same name and shape. The phones themselves are so customizable because of android.

If you absolutely must get something else. The only competitors I know are Razr like you have said, and the Sony Xperia TL (I think that is the name of the newest one).
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-11-22 at 02:59 AM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Samsung ace is really nice too.