Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    ANY hero can be easily nuked to death unless they have a crapton of MR like Anti-Mage or Viper.
    That was an answer to Lysah out of current discussions context. I was trying to say the existence if Sven is not a big deal

Carry Sven doesn't fucking build survivability items, he builds for damage - BKB and the obligatory Bracer are probably all he's gonna have for the entire game unless it goes longer than 30-35 minutes, maybe a Lothars if he's playing a Pirate-like build or a MoM/HotD if he's gonna go for a more "right-click until it's dead and move on to next target," build. Maybe the lifesteal will help him survive but it's rare to see pros building for lifesteal anyway because it's so unreliable outside of BKB/Repel as a means of keeping yourself alive.
    Who said he needs defensive items to be carry? You are struggling to make an argument but failing hard. Deal with it, he's a bad support.

The main difficulty with support Sven is that he needs at least a little farm and a lot of XP, which makes him awkward to fit into the current style of play at the pro level - same thing with Dazzle, Omni, etc. It doesn't mean that it's bad, just that it doesn't fit right now.
    You just disproved yourself about support Sven.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    He is definitely good, but its not like he is unbeatable. I liked most the game (mtw against someone?) with Sven/Magnus combo, those cleaves jesus... but there just as many games where he was build as support or just didnt make big enough impact even with hugeass farm. The "easiest" counter seemed to me like bkb on bane and ulti sven during his bkb.

Last couple of days, i was trying Nyx and I havent had so much fun in dota... like ever. The ganking solo kills are definitely part of that, but well timed carapace is just hillarious since alot of people dont unfortunately stop animations on their spells. Carapace on Huskars Life break or on Linas ulti... hillarious. But i honestly have no clue how to build him, i just go arcane boots/dagon5 and at that point game is usually already over and if not, ill just get some neutral items like drums or linkens, but might try veil of discord depending on setup. Definitely fun hero, even in games I loose
    I'd suggest you go arcaneboots->(urn of shadows)->dagon1->ghostscepter->ethereal blade.
    everything else is optional, but damage-wise , desolator(due to armor debuff applying BEFORE Vendetta connects) or BF, due to Vendetta also splashingm are good ones.
    Tho Nyx (Nyx nyx nyx haha nyx nyx ) is almost exclusively a ganker-caster and doesnt actually need any damage-dealing items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    You just disproved yourself about support Sven.
    wut? Make sense, please. I know it ain't your strong suit, but please try.

Some support heroes require items and/or XP to perform well. Omniknight and Dazzle are examples - would you also say they aren't supports? Sven's in the same boat when he plays as a support - he still needs some gold and some XP or he's going to be useless. The easiest means of getting both is with a trilane, since his stun is OP as shit.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 08:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    *mana*
    He gets plenty of mana from stat items. Just because you don't know how to play Sven doesn't mean you should run around telling people that's how he's supposed to be played.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Morphling was OP as hell before those nerfs. He was simply too hard to kill. That's why he was popular - he was the only hard carry that was difficult to kill right from the beginning of the game, yet was still pretty strong late game. Cheap, easy strength morphing was entirely too forgiving of sloppy play.
    You keep saying "sloppy play" but there isn't anything remotely sloppy about knowing the strengths of your hero and playing by them. And Morphling wasn't particularly hard to kill because of strength morph, Replicate is the only thing that would consistently keep him alive.

You also keep saying "skillbolt" without stopping to consider that there might be other aspects to skill than targeting skillshots. In the case of Stormbolt you'll have to consider when to use it because it has 14 second cooldown, whether or not your enemy can disjoint it or run too far before it connects or if you can hit multiple heroes despite of the slow travel time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    You also keep saying "skillbolt" without stopping to consider that there might be other aspects to skill than targeting skillshots. In the case of Stormbolt you'll have to consider when to use it because it has 14 second cooldown, whether or not your enemy can disjoint it or run too far before it connects or if you can hit multiple heroes despite of the slow travel time.
    Isn't Storm Bolt one of the very few stuns you can't disjoint though?

10+ Year Old Account
    You keep saying "sloppy play" but there isn't anything remotely sloppy about knowing the strengths of your hero and playing by them. And Morphling wasn't particularly hard to kill because of strength morph, Replicate is the only thing that would consistently keep him alive.
    And both abilities at least forgave sloppy play if not encourage it. Morphling didn't need fast reaction times or to be able to gauge whether or not he could afford to use Waveform aggressively - you just did whatever you wanted and if ended up being a mistake, np morph str (or replicate out at higher levels.) You could view it as playing to a hero's strengths, but when that hero is clearly overpowered it's more like "abusing" than anything else.

You can't really get away with doing that anymore because of the new, higher mana costs. If you Waveform in and get in over your head, there's a very good chance you'll run out of mana and die before Waveform comes off cooldown or your teammates finish running over to bail you out.

Managing cooldowns applies to every hero, even heroes with spells on short cooldowns. The travel time isn't as big an issue because Sven's stun can't be disjointed or dodged - once it's in the air, it will hit you. It's an issue when you're trying to land a multistun, but that's what Force Staff/Blink Dagger are for - good luck splitting when it's being cast from 200 range away.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 08:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Yeah. He even has a few quips when he stuns a hero that tried to blink away.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    You're right, disjoint was probably a wrong word to use, but there's still plenty of abilities that will let you dodge it, and any stealth ability from Meld to Sandstorm will also dodge it when there no true sight, and on top of that toggling BKB or any other immunity while Stormbolt is in the air is only too easy. But you're right, even though Blinks and Leaps don't disjoint it, they often get you to a safe position anyway which will, to some extent, waste the stun.

@pizza you still keep saying things like "Morph was clearly overpowered" yet you've never even remotely convinced me, and repeating it won't help. Or exaggerating or making up facts. A long time ago a very good player told me that "a Morphling who wastes Waveform is dead" (barring Replicate) and as far as I've observed, it's usually been true. You can keep making up sentences like "you just did whatever you wanted and if ended up being a mistake, np morph str" that make you seem knowledgeable while it's fairly obvious you aren't, as always you're just acting like all the observable evidence supports your argument.

Deleted
    @pizza you still keep saying things like "Morph was clearly overpowered" yet you've never even remotely convinced me, and repeating it won't help. Or exaggerating or making up facts. A long time ago a very good player told me that "a Morphling who wastes Waveform is dead" (barring Replicate) and as far as I've observed, it's usually been true. You can keep making up sentences like "you just did whatever you wanted and if ended up being a mistake, np morph str" that make you seem knowledgeable while it's fairly obvious you aren't, as always you're just acting like all the observable evidence supports your argument.
    I rarely agree with Pizza, especially with his last statements about icefrog and such .. But sorry, morph was OP.

I thought this was almost like a universal fact.

Edit: And TA is almost as bad in the way that really bad players can even melt faces with her, though I will refrain from calling her OP. Just too easy to play for the results you get.
    Last edited by mmoc8dbf34486c; 2012-11-21 at 09:09 PM.

wut? Make sense, please. I know it ain't your strong suit, but please try.

Some support heroes require items and/or XP to perform well. Omniknight and Dazzle are examples - would you also say they aren't supports? Sven's in the same boat when he plays as a support - he still needs some gold and some XP or he's going to be useless. The easiest means of getting both is with a trilane, since his stun is OP as shit.[COLOR="red"]

I could keep giving strong arguments but you will keep fail to understand anyway.

You are a joke, a true internet joke. PizzaJoke?
    When you think something is OP you throw mud to IceFrog and even dare to say game design is easy. Have you ever read about game theory? Designed a game? NO.
    When you got raped hard in your lame MMR, you throw the bullshit of THAT SPELL or HERO IS OP AS FUCK.
    When you don't like something in competitive scene you throw mud to pros and their play style.
    You keep repeating fucking dota2wiki with walls of texts and try to be cool while repeating same drill and shits we already now for like fucking 6 years?

Claiming Sven's stun is OP is not even funny.

You need to make sense not me.

ps: somehow this guy is always right and rest is always wrong.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-21 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfInvocation View Post
    I rarely agree with Pizza, especially with his last statements about icefrog and such .. But sorry, morph was OP.
    What makes you think I'm going to take that as an argument from you? You may not have yet ruined your ability of being taken seriously, but that doesn't really put you in a situation where I'd buy opinions disguised as facts from you or anyone else.

It was a "universal fact" because he was really popular for a while and when played by experienced players (Loda, BurNiNG, Sylar...) who've possibly played hundreds of games on him over the years he can make impressive performances, much like any other carry. Still, being a carry with no real rightclick steroids, medium range, medium mobility, little CC and a high amount of farm needed to do decent physical damage in a fight it is kind of hard for me to find out the element of "overpowered" in that hero. His only strenghts are/were in survivability and snowballing when your team had early-mid game advantage and holding onto it before enemy no-farm weakling supports could recover from his fast eblade.

The actual universal fact was that for whatever reason people were pissed at Morphling for being picked in almost half the games in TI2. I watched every single tournament stage game and some 65% of the preliminaries and read a lot of forums and reddit between the games and there were cries of "Morphling OP" everywhere after LGD shitstomped yet another Western team with Morphling - put it anyway you want, but on a hindsight I'd say they would have shitstomped with any other carry, like they did whenever they didn't even pick Morph. And Morphling winrate was 58%, which is admittably high until you consider a lot of those wins are Chinese teams stomping Western teams, which again they probably would have done with a different draft. Did LGD go 18-0 because they knew Morphling was OP, or was Morphling just an innocent victim when LGD were OP?

As of now, Morphling has the lowest winrate (in the current version) of any hero in the history of dotabuff.com, he is never picked in competitive and his Eblade builds are crippled by the awful cast times on his abilities. I'll give it a year or so when people forget how they used to hate him for whatever reason and start demanding buffs.

@Kuntantee I don't really agree with your style, but you do have a point. I'm however afraid that that point has already been made several times to no effect. I've tried to but failed to get a hold of whatever his perspective is, but at least I'm still being amused at by how after 6+ years of dota he is the first person I've heard suggest that Stormbolt, among a slew of other things, are somehow OP.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-11-21 at 10:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    When you don't like something in competitive scene you throw mud to pros and their play style.
    Uhm exactly what is wrong with this?
    The competitive scene is used for entertainment. It's obvious people are gonna bitch about it if it's boring or one-dimensional. All of the other things you said are ok.

New patch: Dreamhack Winter and StarLadder S4 tickets, Austria servers.

Anyone have a dota fantasy team for DHW? Anyone participating in the StarLadder qualifiers? No?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bought the early access, having a good time. i think im 4-4 right now. Havent played dota since like 6.34b or something like that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Daraiki View Post
    Uhm exactly what is wrong with this?
    The competitive scene is used for entertainment. It's obvious people are gonna bitch about it if it's boring or one-dimensional. All of the other things you said are ok.
    I was referring to his sentences like "competitive scene is joke", "they follow trend not logic" and bla bla. These are not exactly his quotes but you get the idea. I really don't care if some1 would find competitive scene boring or whatever but you can't just underestimate their skill, experience and act like you are dota god and they(pros) have no brain or they have some sort of herd behaviour.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 12:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    Bought the early access, having a good time. i think im 4-4 right now. Havent played dota since like 6.34b or something like that lol.
    I could give you one of my beta keys for free(posted on previous page). I'm gonna repeat myself. I'm willing to give away my beta keys those who are interested in long term play.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-21 at 10:42 PM.

stuff
    I would try hard to agree with anything said in this post but I get too caught up on the "when played by experienced players..." bit. Honestly, what about being Morph is difficult? Level 1 skill morph, get circlet/branches and a bit of regen, morph yourself down to 450 hp and you're at 90 auto attack damage at level 1. CSing isn't hard, just level wave form and morph and any time you get ganked you can easily wave form/morph strength away. Once you're ~10 with your ult and max wave form you should easily have the stats to run around with 150 auto attack damage and the survivability to survive just about any combination of focus. Wave form still does half of someone's health at this point so if you can't get kills you've really been slacking off. So many other agility heroes are harder to play, hell, I'd be willing to say that almost all of them are harder to play. PA is pretty easy once fed, maybe, but she's way harder to survive early game with. Watching someone do well with Morph is probably one of the least impressive things in the game.

Deleted
    What makes you think I'm going to take that as an argument from you? You may not have yet ruined your ability of being taken seriously, but that doesn't really put you in a situation where I'd buy opinions disguised as facts from you or anyone else.

It was a "universal fact" because he was really popular for a while and when played by experienced players (Loda, BurNiNG, Sylar...) who've possibly played hundreds of games on him over the years he can make impressive performances, much like any other carry. Still, being a carry with no real rightclick steroids, medium range, medium mobility, little CC and a high amount of farm needed to do decent physical damage in a fight it is kind of hard for me to find out the element of "overpowered" in that hero. His only strenghts are/were in survivability and snowballing when your team had early-mid game advantage and holding onto it before enemy no-farm weakling supports could recover from his fast eblade.

The actual universal fact was that for whatever reason people were pissed at Morphling for being picked in almost half the games in TI2. I watched every single tournament stage game and some 65% of the preliminaries and read a lot of forums and reddit between the games and there were cries of "Morphling OP" everywhere after LGD shitstomped yet another Western team with Morphling - put it anyway you want, but on a hindsight I'd say they would have shitstomped with any other carry, like they did whenever they didn't even pick Morph. And Morphling winrate was 58%, which is admittably high until you consider a lot of those wins are Chinese teams stomping Western teams, which again they probably would have done with a different draft. Did LGD go 18-0 because they knew Morphling was OP, or was Morphling just an innocent victim when LGD were OP?

As of now, Morphling has the lowest winrate (in the current version) of any hero in the history of dotabuff.com, he is never picked in competitive and his Eblade builds are crippled by the awful cast times on his abilities. I'll give it a year or so when people forget how they used to hate him for whatever reason and start demanding buffs.

@Kuntantee I don't really agree with your style, but you do have a point. I'm however afraid that that point has already been made several times to no effect. I've tried to but failed to get a hold of whatever his perspective is, but at least I'm still being amused at by how after 6+ years of dota he is the first person I've heard suggest that Stormbolt, among a slew of other things, are somehow OP.
    Chinese teams used him because he was OP, yes. He doesn't even fit the chinese play style they had during TI2 since he is a very aggressive carry(risky), while they loved ricing(safe play).. Yet they picked him, he was that good. And that SAFE, even while aggressive.

Oh and I am not sure I can take you seriously really.

Medium mobility on a hero who can jump all over the map? What's next, prophet has low mobility? And he had about as much right click steroid as AM, if not more (Morph vs mana break), with three escape/survive mechanisms, two low cd, high damage nukes. On top of that he could be anywhere on the map in an instant.

And when I think impressive performances, I think amazing razes, amazing hooks etc. Not someone shift-queing up Wave+Eblade+Adaptive+Replicate back to safety.

He was no risk high reward - Probably the best level 1 last hitting hero, so farm came easy. Oh and he had no issues mid so you could actually have TWO hard carries on a team without stealing farm. And even then Morph was NOT farm dependant as you say(Like a sylla for example) so he could function like QoP does mid and go gank while actually being a better nuker(with eblade), farmer, more mobile AND better right clicker than her.

Morph had maybe the strongest escape of any carry through strength morph, wave form and replicate. It allowed him to be very aggresive with farming with little risk compared to other carries.
    That was why he was OP before.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfInvocation View Post
    Chinese teams used him because he was OP, yes. He doesn't even fit the chinese play style they had during TI2 since he is a very aggressive carry(risky), while they loved ricing(safe play).. Yet they picked him, he was that good. And that SAFE, even while aggressive.

Oh and I am not sure I can take you seriously really.

Medium mobility on a hero who can jump all over the map? What's next, prophet has low mobility? And he had about as much right click steroid as AM, if not more (Morph vs mana break), with three escape/survive mechanisms, two low cd, high damage nukes. On top of that he could be anywhere on the map in an instant.

And when I think impressive performances, I think amazing razes, amazing hooks etc. Not someone shift-queing up Wave+Eblade+Adaptive+Replicate back to safety.

He was no risk high reward - Probably the best level 1 last hitting hero, so farm came easy. Oh and he had no issues mid so you could actually have TWO hard carries on a team without stealing farm. And even then Morph was NOT farm dependant as you say(Like a sylla for example) so he could function like QoP does mid and go gank while actually being a better nuker(with eblade), farmer, more mobile AND better right clicker than her.
    You may not take me seriously, but as hard as I may try I don't see your post being more credible than mine. Again you're just contradicting yourself by saying Chinese teams love safe play (which isn't as much true as it used to be any more, just look at iG) and they pick Morph because he is "risky" but also he has no risk? And again your arguments just boil into your opinions made into statements without any evidence ("chinese teams used him because he was op".)

On top of that I don't think I ever saw anyone shift-queue Morphling combo, and Morph is only a steroid if you're comfortable Morphing yourself down to 1300 HP. Meanwhile you forget that AM has 1.35 second BAT, which is probably a better late-game steroid than the other two.

The rest of your post is just hyperbolic rambling so I'll leave it at that. I tried to build and argument, I used rhetorics, you reply with "nah m8 hes just OP." Why even bash pizza if you can't do any better?

@Lysah I didn't fully mean to imply that just playing Morphling is particularly difficult, but it doesn't mean that there's no room for high skill and high experience to make him better. There's a lot of aspects to playing a really good Morphling, and being able to farm with agi morph and Eblade + Adaptive lategame doesn't get you all that far unless your team is already winning. I can make a list if you really demand one, but I honestly thought you might know that already.

I don't feel like being dragged to this convo again though when all I'm seeing is "but he is invulnerable and jumps anywhere anytime in a nanosecond and oneshots anyone." You look at the changelog where the only significant change is the one to cast times and base damage and ask yourselves "did this really bring that hero from top to bottom, or was it really a trend that brought him to the top and an unnecessary nerf that brought him to the bottom?" If you get a good answer, I'd still like to hear it.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-11-22 at 01:31 AM.

Does doing anything get you very far if your team isn't already winning? Just yesterday I went 25-4 as PotM and barely managed to win. Sure, you can win games by carrying just THAT hard, but how often does it happen? One in a hundred games, at best. People have this idea that Dota is all about having one good player for your carry, but really, no matter how fed Lord Magina gets he will still die to a sheep and focus if his team can't back him up.

However, you can tell the difference between good and bad carry players based on their positioning and timing. I've also won a game (against a fed AM) that I should've lost because AM would run in first. Between my static storm and team focusing on him he was dead before his team caught up. Good carry players wait for their team to engage and they enter the fight right when it matters the most - they might have two dead allies already but they know they're hitting you just right enough to kill four people. That's where the RRRRRAMPAGE comes from, after all. It's not because the carry is a fantastic player, it's because his entire team was able to set up that five kill.

Morph is different. He can ignore positioning, he can ignore his own team. He can easily wave form in, ethadaptive your witch doctor to death instantly, replicate back to his team, and now it's 4v5 and he can just wait for his cooldowns back even IF you can somehow hold off his team in a now unfair fight. Let's not forget that if you do somehow manage to tag him with a stun fast enough to try to focus him during this he will just jack his health up from 1200 to 4800 and then replicate out after you waste everything you have.

I knew morph was a good hero BEFORE they added stat gain to skilling morph. That was the over the top change, in my opinion. Before he had to pick between raw power (stats) and utility/survivability (morph). Now he gets both at the same time so he's already unstoppable at level 1. Mana drain is still pretty effective against him because of the resource nerf to morphing, at least.

I never considered morph OP, but he is one of a few heroes to take the fun out of the game. Like pizza has said repeatedly in this thread, it's not that he can't be stopped, it's that he takes zero skill whatsoever to be good at. Other heroes like storm spirit come to mind here, as well.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-11-22 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Does doing anything get you very far if your team isn't already winning? Just yesterday I went 25-4 as PotM and barely managed to win. Sure, you can win games by carrying just THAT hard, but how often does it happen? One in a hundred games, at best. People have this idea that Dota is all about having one good player for your carry, but really, no matter how fed Lord Magina gets he will still die to a sheep and focus if his team can't back him up.

However, you can tell the difference between good and bad carry players based on their positioning and timing. I've also won a game (against a fed AM) that I should've lost because AM would run in first. Between my static storm and team focusing on him he was dead before his team caught up. Good carry players wait for their team to engage and they enter the fight right when it matters the most - they might have two dead allies already but they know they're hitting you just right enough to kill four people. That's where the RRRRRAMPAGE comes from, after all. It's not because the carry is a fantastic player, it's because his entire team was able to set up that five kill.

Morph is different. He can ignore positioning, he can ignore his own team. He can easily wave form in, ethadaptive your witch doctor to death instantly, replicate back to his team, and now it's 4v5 and he can just wait for his cooldowns back even IF you can somehow hold off his team in a now unfair fight. Let's not forget that if you do somehow manage to tag him with a stun fast enough to try to focus him during this he will just jack his health up from 1200 to 4800 and then replicate out after you waste everything you have.

I knew morph was a good hero BEFORE they added stat gain to skilling morph. That was the over the top change, in my opinion. Before he had to pick between raw power (stats) and utility/survivability (morph). Now he gets both at the same time so he's already unstoppable at level 1. Mana drain is still pretty effective against him because of the resource nerf to morphing, at least.

I never considered morph OP, but he is one of a few heroes to take the fun out of the game. Like pizza has said repeatedly in this thread, it's not that he can't be stopped, it's that he takes zero skill whatsoever to be good at. Other heroes like storm spirit come to mind here, as well.
    Your Morphling analysis kind of forgets that you don't nearly always go Eblade and that your targets don't always just show up and moon at you. How do you teamfight with a Morphling when you don't have Eblade, or when the only hero you actually could take out with your combo is nowhere to be seen? How do you teamfight when enemy team is pushing your towers and your team needs your help, but you're still sitting at treads/aquila/perse/ulti orb. Do you just Waveform in and press str Morph and hope you do enough damage? It's amazing though how Morph takes no skill to be good at, yet I've only seen a handful of people play great Morphling in MM, and most seem to fail miserably if they're not carried by their teams.

Anyhow, I'm not quite sure how you went from what I said to your idea that people (or myself?) have this and that idea of carrying. You're not wrong, though. I find that whether or not carry your carry is skilled or not doesn't matter and can't really be measured when they sit in their safe lane for 20 minutes freefarming while their team goes 18-4 and then he descends to put a hole in the enemy team. The skill of a carry matters when game drags on long enough and enemy also have decent carry or carries. Or when you're being pressured heavily early game, your lane is losing, you get ganked, but still as a good carry you can adapt your build, you can find farm, you can be useful for your team before the game is over and maybe turn it around.

Like it's kind of disappointing how no pro lately has skipped BF on AM, I've seen many games lately where AM finishes their BF 10 minutes too late instead of getting Treads+Vanguard+Yasha. Then they proceed to either die miserably trying to defend the enemy 23-minute rax attempt or try to farm or push even more miserably while their rax is being taken.