Poll: Your faction

Page 39 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm pretty sad. I spent 50 cert points to upgrade the Sunder's defense. Increased armor against explosions.. I didn't notice a difference at all when I was taking damage. (Yes, I did put it in my load out) The next level is 100 certs. Not sure if worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else not able to uninstall the beta >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I'm pretty sad. I spent 50 cert points to upgrade the Sunder's defense. Increased armor against explosions.. I didn't notice a difference at all when I was taking damage. (Yes, I did put it in my load out) The next level is 100 certs. Not sure if worth it.
    Well, each level is only 3% and 6% rear, it adds up in the end though to 12% overall and 25% rear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Anyone else not able to uninstall the beta >.<
    Just delete the folder and .exe. The full versions installer will remove everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonefury* View Post
    You have to visit a resupply terminal and then switch to MAX there. Or, you can select MAX while spawning on bases controlled by you.
    I know that, but I still couldn't spawn as a MAX the whole time! The option wasn't even there.

I'll play again tonight and see if it was just a "first time playing" restriction or something like that.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Deleted
    One more thing. If you downloaded the game from Steam and you can't login, delete it and get it from Proshiten cause Steam is not gonna work for you.

I downloaded it from Proshiten now and actually got the game to start and pl...joking, error G37.

Last edited by mmoc6342521c29; 2012-11-21 at 06:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Jim View Post
    One more thing. If you downloaded the game from Steam and you can't login, delete it and get it from Proshiten cause Steam is not gonna work for you.
    ... works for me.
    Didn't need the fix or anything.

Deleted
    Finally, after ages of battle I managed to get it. If you're still getting error g37, try to run the launcher as administrator. It fixed it for me.

Just started to download this game because I haven't played a shooter in a while and wanted too.

I'm hoping it doesn't disappoint

Deleted
    Unable to get back into a scythe after you jump out and are falling

10+ Year Old Account
    Had the g37 error fixed it with verification and oh god this game is so awesome but the only thing was i couldnt figure how to change the aircraft movement with mouse and voice chats / yell because no one in chat wanted to help

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

Deleted
    Yeah, I can't play this game to save my life. I get killed by fucking snipers out of nowhere 24/7. I take 2 steps out in the open and I'm dead. Even when I play sniper myself I get killed by snipers, which is quite astonishing.

There is no strafing in this game. When you take aim (the only time your crosshair isn't the size of the whole screen and you can actually hit stuff) you move really slow, and you can't strafe, obviously.

If you stay in one spot for more than 3 seconds you get ganked by snipers, which seem to be covering every inch of terrain.

Only time I actually killed something was when I used maxes and I got to kill something before a sniper got me.

Yeah, back to wow.
    Last edited by mmoc6342521c29; 2012-11-21 at 09:41 PM.

Deleted
    I like the game, action all over the place =) Im a noob but managed to get a headshot :P And driving around in cars is fun, also being heavy assault and kill tanks. Quite smooth game except some horrible graphic bugs in some places, I hope that's their first priority to work on.
    For a f2p game it's really nice, guess my friends will play it mostly so GW2 will just be for solo pvp every now and then now for me. But planetside is fun with friends so guess I will enjoy myself a bit with my friends there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Unable to get back into a scythe after you jump out and are falling
    I hate this too, I hit the eject button all the time trying to switch to third person...

Anyway, not being able to MAX it up seems very strange to me, can't think of why that should happen...haven't had a chance to log in since beta though so I'll have to check when I get back home in a few days. The only thing I can think of is that they got added to the restriction where your faction can't buy MBTs without owning a tech lab or whatever it was and your faction was getting stomped.

Deleted
    Going to step out of the boat here and say it's just not for me. I always imagined an open world FPS would be a good idea, after playing this, I changed my mind.

I'm an extremely bad player, but this does stop the rest of the 100 or so players from been spawn camped, and there is nothing to stop it. We were spawning on the side of a mountain, within 2 minutes there were vehicles killing us as soon as we spawned, after 3-4 deaths we finally moved to the new location, only to be spawned camped again 2 minutes later.

The aiming also, it feels like my mouse is sat on 100,000,000 DPI. I move it an inch and my mouse flys across my screen. it felt like one of those budget games.

The final thing that draws me away is, Sony and F2P. No. I have not done by research enough to give a definative answer but i'm 99% sure that it's pay-2-win. If it's not the case I "might" give it another go.

I honestly can't help thinking that it's just a copy of tribes, only worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Going to step out of the boat here and say it's just not for me. I always imagined an open world FPS would be a good idea, after playing this, I changed my mind.

I'm an extremely bad player, but this does stop the rest of the 100 or so players from been spawn camped, and there is nothing to stop it. We were spawning on the side of a mountain, within 2 minutes there were vehicles killing us as soon as we spawned, after 3-4 deaths we finally moved to the new location, only to be spawned camped again 2 minutes later.

The aiming also, it feels like my mouse is sat on 100,000,000 DPI. I move it an inch and my mouse flys across my screen. it felt like one of those budget games.

The final thing that draws me away is, Sony and F2P. No. I have not done by research enough to give a definative answer but i'm 99% sure that it's pay-2-win. If it's not the case I "might" give it another go.

Well the spawn camping happens a lot sadly, not sure what fix there is, as if you are spawning via Sunderer, chances are spawn camping will happen. Issue is always going to be which side has the huge amount of force that causes it.

You might want to lower your game sensitivity in options, I always have to for like every recent game nowadays.

It's F2P is exactly like LoL, take a while to get an item / unlock or just pay for it.

I suggest you visit the settings menu before bitching about any settings... everything is customizable.... learn to not always use the default for every damn thing.
    The days of the carrot on a stick mindset are over. 'You want it? It's right there. Just go get it' Has changed to 'Here, Don't eat it all at once, Aw hell, What do I care?'

The grind in PS2 can be pretty brutal for some things, but as people will tell you, they're just *side-grades.* I love the TR bolt driver, but the default sniper is just as good, and is even better in half the situations you get yourself in. The real issue with this isn't the grind, it's that you have to play for 100 hours just to finally get that new gun that isn't even any better than what you already had! That can make grinding certs feel pretty pointless, but I would say they did a good job making the game f2p.

The biggest issue is that they seem to have MASSIVELY overestimated the amount of certs the average player gets each hour. I saw some SoE estimate of like 30-40 an hour at the new nerfed rate and then everyone posts in thread admitting they're lucky to get 10 on a normal day.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-11-22 at 02:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanamman View Post
    I suggest you visit the settings menu before bitching about any settings... everything is customizable.... learn to not always use the default for every damn thing.
    Did I forget to mention I had to visit the settings because the game felt 1024x768 was a suitable resolution for a 1080p screen. My ingame settings are set to 0.10, which is still way way to fast, if i set it to 0.09, It hardly moves. This isn't a mouse issue either as I tried numerous combinations of both mouse and game setting and yet its messed.

Did I forget to mention I had to visit the settings because the game felt 1024x768 was a suitable resolution for a 1080p screen. My ingame settings are set to 0.10, which is still way way to fast, if i set it to 0.09, It hardly moves. This isn't a mouse issue either as I tried numerous combinations of both mouse and game setting and yet its messed.
    Hmm. That is extremely odd. I had absolutely none of these problems. My mouse sensitivity was high, but I adjusted it and now its great. The only problems I have had with the game have been a few graphical errors and falling through the world one time.
    The days of the carrot on a stick mindset are over. 'You want it? It's right there. Just go get it' Has changed to 'Here, Don't eat it all at once, Aw hell, What do I care?'