Anyone else consistently getting 1/4 groups in LFR?

So yes I know, join a guild to raid blah blah blah but my work schedule doesn't allow for it so although I have a fair amount of time to play this semester it's not conducive to raiding since it's all over the map. I'm just curious to see if you guys have had the same experience over the last couple days. I've queued over and over for 3-4 hours at a time at different times of day (had a couple days off finally!) and have ONLY gotten 1/4 Terrace groups. Every time I get into one I do 3-4 wipes and then end up leaving because it seems to consistently be the same stupid wipes. Don't get me wrong, I've done my share of more medium-hardcore raiding between Vanilla and Cata so I'm totally cool with wiping a bunch until you get the fight right, but it's pretty much pointless in a revolving door LFR where no one seems to have the patience to do it at all if you can't one shot it.

I guess what I'm asking is, is Tsulong the new Garalong in LFR now, or am I just having horrible luck? =) What have your Terrace LFR experiences been like?

the main issue in LFR is that no one wants to, or is able to, stand up and lead.

you can explain each boss in TeS in about 4 lines.

Guardians; Kill order protector -> lightning -> water, dont get hit to lightning storm, kill water add that spawns in the middle.

Tsulong; Kill him when he's red heal him when he's green, step into the light beam at 6+ stacks, tanks swap at 2 stacks of breath, kill adds in day phase.

Lei; run towards her when she is pushing you away, tanks swap at 10 stacks, focus one add, spam AoE when she goes vanishes.

Sha; tanks stand in the circle, everyone else stand behind the light wall, melee kill adds from behind, if you get ported collect the balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Tsulong is indeed the new Garalon, simple and easy fight that is incredibly frustrating in LFR because 90% of an LFR group is barely capable of breathing, let alone simple thought. Expect nerfs real soon, just like Amber Shaper and Empress both got nerfed like 1 day after they came out in LFR even though they just now published the hotfix list.

I predict they'll cap nighttime stacks at 10, and make the disease not effect Tsulong during day. That would effectively solve the mouth-breathing moron problem by making it more idiot-proof.
    Last edited by TroyN; 2012-11-22 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyN View Post
    Tsulong is indeed the new Garalon, simple and easy fight that is incredibly frustrating in LFR because 90% of an LFR group is barely capable of breathing, let alone simple thought. Expect nerfs real soon, just like Amber Shaper and Empress both got nerfed like 1 day after they came out in LFR even though they just now published the hotfix list.

I predict they'll cap nighttime stacks at 10, and make the disease not effect Tsulong during day. That would effectively solve the mouth-breathing moron problem by making it more idiot-proof.
    It's shocking how hard it is for LFR healers to dispel Terrorize. In the first attempt (which we obviously wiped), Tsulong lost 10% of his health before someone dispelled Terrorize.

I doubt this will be nerfed. Garalon and amber shaper both had many mechanics that had to be followed and where one person could effectively wipe the raid.

Tsulong has two mechanics in order to defeat the boss, and one can be trivialized. Stack the entire group minus the tanks in the sunbeam, it doesn't shrink in LFR. That leaves one mechanic to defeat the entire fight, the dispel on terrorize. Spirit kings has more mechanics.

It's the second(first) day for this. Give it more time.

My group just stacked in the light and it worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    It's shocking how hard it is for LFR healers to dispel Terrorize. In the first attempt (which we obviously wiped), Tsulong lost 10% of his health before someone dispelled Terrorize.
    You obviously don't pug much if random healers being unable to dispel a debuff when the game tells them to is shocking.

OP you better join those 1/4 and then youll get queues for 0/4
    blizzard tries to join you first with the groups that need players asap
    raid groups already created > fresh raids so obviously blizzard will try to fill those 1/4 before creating new ones. after killing last 3 the queue will know you only need first and youll get queued for 0/4. itll be easy to notice due to the change in queue times (sometimes for 2/3 the queue was like 6 mins then for 0/3 it was 15mins)

2nd boss is significantly harder than the first. luckily i got a fresh run with a decent group and we didn't have any wipes.

first boss, i barely cast a heal, and just did some weak dps the whole time. no one took any damage and we just slowly killed them. never dropped below 90% mana, never used a mana CD.

second boss was a ton of constant raid damage. i even had to mana pot and play smart with my CDs. though, apparently i didnt realise about some mechanic that restores mana, so that might have helped. but that wouldn't stop the fact that the whole raid was constantly in danger of dying.

Did my first Terrace yesterday and i was rdy for a few wipes, but nonono. We actually killed every boss on the first try with almost no deaths

Quote Originally Posted by zingar View Post
    OP you better join those 1/4 and then youll get queues for 0/4
    blizzard tries to join you first with the groups that need players asap
    raid groups already created > fresh raids so obviously blizzard will try to fill those 1/4 before creating new ones. after killing last 3 the queue will know you only need first and youll get queued for 0/4. itll be easy to notice due to the change in queue times (sometimes for 2/3 the queue was like 6 mins then for 0/3 it was 15mins)
    Yeah, I gotcha. Like I said, I joined every one that popped up but none were very successful. I'd stick it out through 3-4 attempts but it seemed like 20-30% of the group would leave after any given wipe, and it was never just "the bads." So then you have another bunch of fresh new faces in, take 10 minutes to explain/buff/etc. and still wipe pretty early and have to start over.

It's just frustrating and I wondered if it was just me, I guess it's too bad it isn't. =) I'm certainly not whining and calling for nerfs after 2 days up, I just wanted to know if others had had the same experiences.

We managed to pull Tsulong with 17 ... only 2 of which were healers. We got to the 3rd night b/f we wiped. Granted, our group was fairly good at droppings stacks.

It's the only boss in there that is remotely interesting. The other 3 fights are (on LFR anyway) less interesting then the stuff in DS.

Quote Originally Posted by notdryad View Post
    You obviously don't pug much if random healers being unable to dispel a debuff when the game tells them to is shocking.
    The game doesn't tell you to, DBM and other addons tell you to. Which, if you ask me, is the biggest issue on a lot of raids: raiding addons becoming more and more necessary. I tried running some regular heroics at the end of cataclysm after 5.0 to get some justice points when all the addons were broken. Cata heroics were almost impossible without addons telling you what actions to avoid and interrupt. Never assume everyone in a PuG has DBM installed, and honestly it needs to be built into the game and not be a third party addon.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

Yes, the game does tell you. There's a big message in yellow letters that says DISPEL TSULONG.

Are you blind?

Quote Originally Posted by Boogieknight View Post
    Cata heroics were almost impossible without addons telling you what actions to avoid and interrupt.
    You don't need DBM to tell you to move out of fire or what to interrupt. The base UI tells you if something is interrupt able by not having the shield icon next to the cast. Dispelling may be a problem though because on beta I remember having problems on the Sha of Doubt because I couldn't see the debuff on my party frames because I scaled the UI to be very small because I hate having large action bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogieknight View Post
    Cata heroics were almost impossible without addons telling you what actions to avoid and interrupt.
    I don't even know what to say to that. Neither DBM nor BigWigs tell you anything at all that is going on in the game that your eyeballs can't tell you. Addons are tools, not crutches.

It's the only one my group wiped on in LFR, definitely the most complex fight in terms of LFR, so like Elgelon, it's going to take most groups 1 or 2 wipes I think for people to figure out what they are supposed to do.

Whether you are already or not IDK, but you should watch a short video to review the fight before you join LFR....most people don't as they expect either someone else to do it or it to be faceroll (which most encounters are).

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ignoring dispel, which is basically "pff, I never dispel in 5 mans, why would I do so in raids", it's simply amazing how *good* people are at staying out of beneficial "void zones". I mean, hell, at some point, I gripped a guy with 40 stacks into sunbeam and he instantly ran away from it - probably didn't even clear his stacks. And yet 2 seconds later, people like him *will* get hit by Nightmares. Obviously, they are allergic to sun, but... seriously?

Probably the same with Sun Breath - people will get hit by Shadow Breath all the time, but once they're actually *supposed* to stand in front of the boss? Noooo, never. I mean, it's not like it's a new thing, people did that (avoiding beneficial mechanics) all the time, but on this boss, it's especially obvious.