Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    OP, just because the guild is of casual status does not mean you can perform at a lower standard. By not playing affliction you're a liability to the raid so it isn't surprising they dropped you. Not everyone gets to play their most desired class/spec in raiding, you do it for the team, not for yourself.

Find another guild and play what you like. Screw 'em.
    To me, the people that are telling you to switch spec are the ones who aren't enjoying the game, but that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Motocarota; 2012-11-22 at 09:35 AM.
    "staph whinning kid if u dont like pvp go to a potato pve server so u can play against bots" -Armiger

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by idpersona View Post
    Pretty much what topic says.Well,i wasnt kicked(casual guilds dont usually kick,unless you make drama)but i got the"we dont invite you in farmraids anymore,and progress raids only if there's a free spot"treatment.Thing is,

1)Im not a bad player.I perform the mechanics of a fight without making stupid mistakes(something players on my guild did plenty) and often offer advice on the fights we do.
    2)Yes,especially on non-havocable fights,dps is shit.Still,it's always acceptable for enrage timers.

Well nothing much to say,just venting.It's annoying that although lots of locks like playing destruction they're pretty much unable to play it(since my example shows that even casual guilds like mine that havent killed even normal mode Ta'yak yet benchkick you for it).

Also,600k chaos bolts on pull,wtf are people smoking.I got 4500 mastery,3900 crit,and havent broken ~460k ish crits with potion,double trinkets,and dark soul up.
    With your attitude in the thread title, it's probably safe to say your attitude to them is similar. Why would a group want a player playing sub optimally? If you can destroy the charts as destro, then they probably wouldn't say shit. But because you're probably refusing to play anything but destro, and not doing as well as you would if you were playing Afflic, they are going to say something. Affliction is just too strong right now to not play. Yes, you can "Play however you want, it's your 15 bucks". But that changes when you play with a group. The group dictates. So I would just find a group that will let you play destro. And if you're close to an enrage, then it isn't acceptable.

And there are locks that play destro in high end guilds. But they can outperform the spec. And a 600k CB is easily done with a moderate amount of raid gear, prepots and cd's.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

I have to say being unable to play what you like really sucks, especially after 4.3 showed us that it is quite possible to have all specs peform at similar levels. I'd take the Cataclysm warlocks from 4.3 over this "massive overhaul" because I'd really like to play what I WANT to play, rather than trying to play a spec I never enjoyed just to be able to raid.

Ok,my definition of casual is"clearing normal modes after several weeks of tries and with some difficulty".Yeah,raids where minmaxing your dps is not as important as not failing on the encounter mechanics.
    I hate to say this, but clearly your definition didn't fit that of your guilds. Maybe you should've listened to them, and realised what they wanted from you, rather then being stubborn?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockthompson View Post
    OP, just because the guild is of casual status does not mean you can perform at a lower standard. By not playing affliction you're a liability to the raid so it isn't surprising they dropped you. Not everyone gets to play their most desired class/spec in raiding, you do it for the team, not for yourself.
    And this is a spot on statement.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

1)Im not a bad player.I perform the mechanics of a fight without making stupid mistakes(something players on my guild did plenty) and often offer advice on the fights we do.
    2)Yes,especially on non-havocable fights,dps is shit.Still,it's always acceptable for enrage timers.

Dunno,but i think that being on a casual guild that doesnt have a spectacular progress does kinda mean that if you're doing enough dps to avoid a wipe(aka doing your part) is enough.
    So let's not help the raid be successful, let's instead be stubborn and make fights that much more painful for healers with crap dps coming from a suboptimal spec?

Casual or not, intentionally being uncooperative and gimping the raid like that will lose you an invite.

Deleted
    But are they/you sure that your DPS would be better as Aff ?

I would have ACTUALLY kicked you from the guild, not just from progression raids.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 09:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    But are they/you sure that your DPS would be better as Aff ?
    If it's not better as Aff. then he's a bad player with a one-track playstyle. Kick from raid.
    Educate the community: X-Perl is dead. Stop using it!

You just aren't ready to raid with the big boys yet...

Deleted
    Well, there are raids out there that raid 16h a week, and can't clear normal modes yet. There are raids that only raid 8h a week, and have 6/16 heroic down. So difficulty is different for many people. You just got to know what exactly you're looking for, including schedule, dedication, efficiency and expectation. If all other people in the Raid think they should dump you, then you're out. That's just the way it works.

You would need to post logs to see if problem is with your spec or your playstyle. You should be ranking in every single fight as Destro seeing how little lock play this spec, and should top meters on Elegon (after fire mage maybe, if you have any decent one) and Will. If your guild is that 'casual', you shouldn't ever be on bottom, even playing Destro.

That being said, I would never play Destro on Blade Lord. Single target fight with lots of movement, and the lower is group dps, the more damage they will take in later cleaves and p2, so dps above standard 'beat enrage' does really help.

Well,i wasnt kicked(casual guilds dont usually kick,unless you make drama)but i got the"we dont invite you in farmraids anymore,and progress raids only if there's a free spot"treatment.

More casual than being stuck on Ta'yak normal?

Thing is,if the mentality of"you're playing the suboptimal spec in raids,so you're not suitable to raid even with a casual,low progress guild" shows WoW has really gone off the deep end.
    No it doesn't mean WoW has gone off the deep end. That means that the content is challenging enough that people can't down it while facerolling however they want to. That's a good thing.

And to be frank, if you got sat out of a normal raid because your dps is that low with ANY warlock spec, then it's definitely not the spec. It's you. We carried a destro lock with next to no raid gear to 16/16 normal before he decided he should, in fact, switch to afflic for future endeavors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear OP,

Sounds like LFR is where you belong, and I am not being snarky.

You want to raid, but don't want to adhere to the ideals of others in a raiding guild.

LFR is a perfect environment for you.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Deleted
    Protip: Fuck PVE! It's fun and all, but honestly it's not worth putting up with pompous garbage people for. There shortcomings will always be blamed on who they perceive as the weakest link. And when they say "You are doing shit DPS mate" what they really mean is " You are 0.2% below what I consider acceptable". Also, rest assured that people like that will never clear normal mode, because they are garbage :P

If you really must PVE : Find a new guild with grown adults that just want to have fun. If you must lie to get invited (age wise) then do it.
    GL & HF

More casual than being stuck on Ta'yak normal?

Thing is,if the mentality of"you're playing the suboptimal spec in raids,so you're not suitable to raid even with a casual,low progress guild" shows WoW has really gone off the deep end.
    Logically, a guild that is raiding and stuck on a boss would try to improve to surpass that boss. It doesn't matter if they're not very hardcore about it or if they're just plain bad, if they're raiding killing bosses and progressing will still be their goal.
    So when there's a major deficiency in the raid group (your spec) that you delibirately cause knowing it will harm the raid as a whole, I'd be suprised if you didn't get this treatment. With attitude like yours you should give a thought whether you really should be raiding (or playing group effort games in general) at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    Protip: Fuck PVE! It's fun and all, but honestly it's not worth putting up with pompous garbage people for. There shortcomings will always be blamed on who they perceive as the weakest link. And when they say "You are doing shit DPS mate" what they really mean is " You are 0.2% below what I consider acceptable". Also, rest assured that people like that will never clear normal mode, because they are garbage :P

If you really must PVE : Find a new guild with grown adults that just want to have fun. If you must lie to get invited (age wise) then do it.
    GL & HF
    Worst person in this thread.
    Educate the community: X-Perl is dead. Stop using it!

Deleted
    Pretty much what topic says.Well,i wasnt kicked(casual guilds dont usually kick,unless you make drama)but i got the"we dont invite you in farmraids anymore,and progress raids only if there's a free spot"treatment.Thing is,

Well nothing much to say,just venting.It's annoying that although lots of locks like playing destruction they're pretty much unable to play it(since my example shows that even casual guilds like mine that havent killed even normal mode Ta'yak yet benchkick you for it).

Also,600k chaos bolts on pull,wtf are people smoking.I got 4500 mastery,3900 crit,and havent broken ~460k ish crits with potion,double trinkets,and dark soul up.
    If you're clearly underperforming compared to playing a better spec, I don't see much problem there. As long as there is some valid reason, like wiping to berserk times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would think that if you're stuck on a boss (sounds like you are) then you'd PROBABLY want to play the spec that'll pull the best numbers. I'm not seeing anything that your guild did wrong. If they sit your ass and pull and Affliction lock from trade that does even 2k more (which I suppose would be "bad" since affliction is doing pretty well atm?) I'd consider you replaced.

Deleted
    You didn't get "kicked" because your current spec isn't viable, but because your dps sucks and you refuse to do something about that.