Poll: Your faction

Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    The biggest issue is that they seem to have MASSIVELY overestimated the amount of certs the average player gets each hour. I saw some SoE estimate of like 30-40 an hour at the new nerfed rate and then everyone posts in thread admitting they're lucky to get 10 on a normal day.
    It may have been boosted but I got about 40 in roughly 90 minutes earlier while not really doing much.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    It may have been boosted but I got about 40 in roughly 90 minutes earlier while not really doing much.
    I hope so! Especially when they made certain guns cost 960 or whatever now. It's bad enough that ATS got repeatedly nerfed at the end of the beta without it taking a year of farming to even play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Did I forget to mention I had to visit the settings because the game felt 1024x768 was a suitable resolution for a 1080p screen. My ingame settings are set to 0.10, which is still way way to fast, if i set it to 0.09, It hardly moves. This isn't a mouse issue either as I tried numerous combinations of both mouse and game setting and yet its messed.
    Dear god no...
    THE MONSTERS!
    :|
    If I use the mid dpi setting on my mouse it seems fine, max is crazy though, though I also have to turn it down for ME3.

I'm having fun so far, except the buggy endless queueing. And I haven't even joined a Outfit yet.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    ... works for me.
    Didn't need the fix or anything.
    me also.
    /10 char

Played a bit more yesterday, finally got myself a MAX, shot down a couple gunships, got blown up by three tanks driving over a ridge and all firing at me at once. It was fun.

But the most fun part of that game to me so far is sniping. And I'm not talking about planting my ass down on a high perch and waiting for people to show up, that part is boring. I really enjoyed hunting the other team's snipers down as an Infiltrator. Stealthing around, marking targets, climbing through the mountains to find their perches, then trying desperately to kill them before they notice me shooting and pop my head off in one shot since I'm TR and the default sniper rifle kinda sucks... good times.

Sure, I'm probably not earning many certs or helping my team a whole lot hunting snipers, but at least I'm having fun and annoying the other team. My reflexes suck, so it's not like I'm very useful up-close either.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Deleted
    anyone elses game broken after update? I just get a black screen and some wierd UI elements flickering on the screen, followed by a crash.

Deleted
    it seems to be only available at certain stations, like the bigger tank variant ;yoy might have to bown a certain point or just spawn at a larger station where it's available. though i think ps2 could have benifited from a breakdown about it's system as sometimes it feels you're just supposed t learn the games systems through trial and error.

10+ Year Old Account
    another shooter i suck at im not sure why they keep releasing them as its the same ol shoot me shoot you thing plus it kinda reminds me of a mag+battlefield combination
    ive only just started and still finding a class i like so i dont waste my certs on a class i hate.
    i tend to go for the anti tank class with a rocket launcher but the combat medic and engineer are more my style as im useless at killing people so i stick to keeping people alive or vehicles alive

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 11:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    anyone elses game broken after update? I just get a black screen and some wierd UI elements flickering on the screen, followed by a crash.
    after i installed it i played for bout an hour then it froze and crashed then it wouldnt launch..

15+ Year Old Account
    while the battles are pretty epic and surprisingly the game runs very nice on my machine atleast. i found the people flying all they tend to do is come down and run people over. ive died almost as many times from planes/jets/choppers just landing on me than i have from infantry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Certs seem slow for me as a Inf, I have around 60 total. I played about 12 hours total. Maybe I have been in the wrong places at the wrong times, but I'm rank 6 or 7. Or I'm just not killing enough people as a sniper...
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Loyrl View Post
    Certs seem slow for me as a Inf, I have around 60 total. I played about 12 hours total. Maybe I have been in the wrong places at the wrong times, but I'm rank 6 or 7. Or I'm just not killing enough people as a sniper...
    I have 11 hours played with a total of 321 certs acquired but I am also BR 13. You won't be getting a lot of points as an inf, just make sure to run with your squad. You can hit insert when you first get in the game for a random squad and then you can hit insert again to deploy on top of the squad leader. That will get you into a nice convoy.

You get certs by capturing stations/outposts and you also get certs for getting medals. Medals are earned from getting a certain amount of kills for a weapon. You get certs from leveling up as well.
    Last edited by dezzick; 2012-11-22 at 04:55 PM.

Deleted
    I'm unable to buy station cash, and I'm not even given a proper explanation on WHY, I just get an error telling me there was an error.

If it won't work, I'm gonna be pretty freaking angry about it, because getting new weapons will be a massive pain. And I want to buy some camo and a helmet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I'm unable to buy station cash, and I'm not even given a proper explanation on WHY, I just get an error telling me there was an error.

If it won't work, I'm gonna be pretty freaking angry about it, because getting new weapons will be a massive pain. And I want to buy some camo and a helmet.
    I was getting a undescriptive 'there has been an error' error last night when trying to buy some things (already had the station cash), tried again ~2 hours later and it worked, seemed like the shop had just had a brain fart as nothing would process. Could be related, I'd suggest trying again every 20-30 mins.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Deleted
    I am a bit upset it runs so badly on my comp I know my cpus arent great and thats where it tanks, but I have a 6970, its a shame it doesnt use that at all. I play most games on max settings with no problems, but even on lowest settings im around 10-20 in ps2, apart from the ice planet which seems fine. I hope they optimise for GPUs in the future or I wont be able to play for a long time, didnt plan to update my computer for another year or so, as I have run everything at 50+ fps so far on high gfx

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    I am a bit upset it runs so badly on my comp I know my cpus arent great and thats where it tanks, but I have a 6970, its a shame it doesnt use that at all. I play most games on max settings with no problems, but even on lowest settings im around 10-20 in ps2, apart from the ice planet which seems fine. I hope they optimise for GPUs in the future or I wont be able to play for a long time, didnt plan to update my computer for another year or so, as I have run everything at 50+ fps so far on high gfx
    If that's the case then yeah, probably your cpu.
    I mean, it reccommends an i5/7

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzick View Post
    I have 11 hours played with a total of 321 certs acquired but I am also BR 13. You won't be getting a lot of points as an inf, just make sure to run with your squad. You can hit insert when you first get in the game for a random squad and then you can hit insert again to deploy on top of the squad leader. That will get you into a nice convoy.

You get certs by capturing stations/outposts and you also get certs for getting medals. Medals are earned from getting a certain amount of kills for a weapon. You get certs from leveling up as well.
    Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I may also try a medic or an eng to pick up some extra certs.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Deleted
    mhhh i dont know
    was never a shooter fan but love RvR so wanna give this a chance but helll

sometimes i spawn - bam dead and dont know how i died
    often i run around and dont know what i have to do or where i have to go (map sux lol) and than bam dead

is there somehow a guide or something like this? how to use this map thingie - whats important etc^^

sry but atm i dont know how someone can have fun with this - for me its hard

10+ Year Old Account
    Started out Infiltrator, then went Heavy Assault, and now I've fallen in love with the Engineer. I love being able to repair crap, then drop a turret to mow down some incoming enemies.

Engineer is where its at, if you keep clicking with the turret rather then holding the fire button down then the crosshairs dont move and you get easy kills. Also dont forget to drop ammo packs anytime there is a decent grouping around you, can easily get 1-3 certs every time you drop one.