Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is assassination on Dogs/garalon unviable? what about heroic?

Hate everything about combat, hate having to pay 15k gold for it's weapons.

Would it be completely retarded to just stay as assassination instead of being a rather sub-par combat performer?

I mean, garalons legs die so fast right? so that cleaving ain't gonna amount to much.

Yes, it would be retarded not to switch. Being on the top of the meter by a huge margin makes Combat pretty fun despite the boring rotation.

Also, Garalon's legs should not be dying super fast. They should be saved so your best cleavers are always cleaving. Anyone else hitting them (especially from outside the weakened zone) is lowering your raid's DPS. Think about it.

Also also, what is this 15k you speak of?

double blade enchant

Combat is unbeatable on Stone Guard because you have so much BF uptime.

However, especially if you are not willing to reforge and re-enchant and regem for it, and if you have a bad Combat weapon like me, Combat is pretty rubbish on Garalon.

Also, if your raid moves round the legs killing them one by one at the start, you have quite low cleave time overall (far lower than Stone Guard).

Last week I went Assassination with Versatility on Garalon and was doing more damage than I was as Combat.

However, if you play Combat properly, and have a good or reasonable main hand slow weapon, and reforge and gem lots of haste, you should own everyone on Garalon.

Combat should reign supreme on both fights, more so on dogs of course. Combat also gets an added benefit of Killing Spree nearly always getting a full 100% increase on Garalon (so long as you can pull it off without wiping your raid) whilst assassination CDs will not always get the a full 100% increase due to their duration outlasting the legs (at least in my raids).

As jtstormrage points out, though, combat is drastically effected by weapon damage - if you have utterly dreadful weapons, and great weapons in assassination, consider playing assassination on the fight.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I still need to make a deal with my guild so they pay for the reforges every raid

For the past couple of weeks I haven't actually gone combat for dogs, mostly because it's a waste of time and money because we can kill it without problems.
    On Garalon, yes, I do switch. Having rubbish weapons is a problem though. Only last night I got the Seven Stars dagger and Fist Weapon in one raid. They hadn't dropped for us since release, and it is a pain. Weapons are an important factor in melee deeps.
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

How do you Killing Spree Garalon?

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    How do you Killing Spree Garalon?
    You don't, because you will go under him, resulting in a crush. No KS on Garalon (Unless of course your healers don't give a crap )
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    double blade enchant
    You'll be fine with Windsong. It's worse, but not that much worse. And in return for going Combat you do a billion DPS more.

I personally just used my Assassination offhand because on Geralon and Stone Guards using Killme Spree isn't always the best idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcraft View Post
    You don't, because you will go under him, resulting in a crush. No KS on Garalon (Unless of course your healers don't give a crap )
    I noticed that...

No ks on garalon, no ShStep/Ks on elegon's pillars, stupid boss mechanics are stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by Topcraft View Post
    Yes, you do.

Killing spree will never teleport you to something that was out of range at the start of the cast (for obvious bug and OP reasons), you therefore just move away from the body and pop it. It accounts for a substantial amount of my dps every week and never triggers a crush in this fashion.
    I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    You can use Killing Spree on Geralon actually, but only on the back legs at a certain position. I personally caused a few raid wipes followed by cursing the ability before removing it from my keybinds.

I'd say it's really not worth it. The little amount of DPS isn't worth the chance of wiping your group.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I'd say it's really not worth it. The little amount of DPS isn't worth the chance of wiping your group.
    Hm, haven't noticed a front leg issue, perhaps it could happen when he's turning I guess?

It also accounts for about 4% of my damage done and gives great burst on the legs - You're right though, it's still totally optional, just if you want to get maximum throughput it's worth knowing you can do it.
    I am the lucid dream

There's no issue with any legs, as long as you wont hit fucking pheromone pools during KS or running out to use it you can Killing Spree on all legs. Well, that or the legs actually going outside of the fighting area, but then you can't hit them in the first place anyways, so doesn't matter.

And no, Mutilate is fine for farm, we 1-shot Garalon and Stone Guards HC every week barring some extremely stupid fuckups so our melee Officer just stays Mutilate, but he was Combat for the first kills, fully reforged for the Stone Guard HC one(albeit not Garalon). Similarly I'm Combat MS atm(mostly due to weapon drops) and I don't switch for Feng HC farm(or singletarget bosses, but the biggest difference is really on Feng) but I did for first kill.

If you've got a decent Combat MH and don't mind playing Combat you could just enchant it with Windsong and use it on bosses that are much better, if you're having difficulty progressing on a Combat-superior fight, I'd get Dancing Steel, reforge and go Combat.

Combat is not going to be out-damaged by Mut on Garalon or SG.

Of the two fights, Mut is viable on SG more than Garalon as long as you use Versatility. Rupture multi-dotting can pull high numbers (especially if you switch targets after you hit Envenom) as long as you play it PERFECTLY.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    I mean, garalons legs die so fast right? so that cleaving ain't gonna amount to much.
    With this statement you clearly don't know much about Garalon if you think your cleaving isn't going to amount to much... If you're just talking about LFR... then, Lol.

No one is making you switch, you switch because you're a good player, you complain and whine about switching because you're either selfish, are a noob, or don't have the weapons. Your guild's progression will be reflective of the quality of players and willingness they have to do what is needed for the raid group.

And who says you have to spend 15k gold for it's weapons? Go pick up some 463 fists / swords in Heroics and put windsong on them for 200 gold...
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

2 weapon enchants? do you have to reenchant your dagger or what?

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    I noticed that...

No ks on garalon, no ShStep/Ks on elegon's pillars, stupid boss mechanics are stupid...
    Obviously you never go under Garalon- the only exception might be if he was about to die and you were the only dps up and he's about to enrage. Otherwise the damage lost by the stun would be way more than the dps gained from spree, even if the healing didn't matter at all.

On elegon, simply step to one of your allies at the edge, and have spent spree before that phase.

You can play Combat decently with daggers and Ass reforges imo for cleave fights :P Just did 140k on Garalon on our first kill using double dagger and full Ass gear/reforges.

Deleted
    You'd prolly do more dps staying Assa if you play the spec well though.

You can KSp on Garalon, there's plenty of opportunities to KSp on Elegon besides pillars, you can step allies. Stupid players are stupid.