Staff:
    27 Sta
    307 Haste (0.72%)

Combo:
    148 Int
    118 Crit (0.2%)
    141 Hit (0.41%)
    1 Spell Power

This is when both sides reforge Haste to Hit.

That's... A total joke. They need to remove the off-hand enchant.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I still don't understand how people are coming into this topic and then acting as if Blizzard don't explicitly and intentionally design for there to be one best in slot weapon, where have you been for every other tier of the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Why are people saying this?
    This is the first time for two tiers that a staff has not been BiS, including for PvP.

I can't even remember what weapon was best in T11. Maybe that was a staff? I have no idea.
    Staves really haven't been BiS in PvP ever...unless you're referring to DTR, in which case I cede the point.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Staves really haven't been BiS in PvP ever...unless you're referring to DTR, in which case I cede the point.
    I was!
    Alas I don't PvP, so the fact that we could use an overpowered Legendary weapon in Arena for some reason is literally all I know about how Mages gear for PvP. Presumably we still wear dresses?
    Last edited by Imnick; 2012-11-19 at 11:36 PM.

Deleted
    Sorry... I read these arguments and feel like they are totally worthless... Every player that plays this MMO on a top 10% level wants to imrpove his char to the max. 140+ int is a MAJOR! difference... hence no mage should be going for the 2 Hand Staff....

Come on... i like the staff more too, it can me transmogged into such nice things... but I am not goind to aim for that thing... since 140+ int is just to much to be overlooked... its almost a full ofhhand enchant.

Blade Lords the easiest heroic boss in HoF, so yeah that gap is even more noticeable with a 509 OH. I have the staff, but I'd feel bad about taking the MH+OH combo at this point due to the lack of weapons dropping.

I do wish they'd get rid of the OH enchants too, but I don't think that'll be happening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolKidKaos View Post
    Staffs have always been the crappier weapon. The only exception was DTR.
    Atiesh....

Quote Originally Posted by Tryggve View Post
    Atiesh....
    I actually dont remember if the aura stacked at all.. and dont even remember if it was higher ilevel than epics.. but still you had to do really good in vanilla to even get it so.. yee not many did before tbc hit

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, as far as I remember, Lightning Rod Heroic (Hagara) was better than the MH+OH combo for Fire Mages who didn't have DTR. Also, in Icecrown Citadel, I believe the Heroic LK staves were better than an MH+OH combo but I can't remember so far back regarding gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mûe View Post
    Sorry... I read these arguments and feel like they are totally worthless... Every player that plays this MMO on a top 10% level wants to imrpove his char to the max. 140+ int is a MAJOR! difference... hence no mage should be going for the 2 Hand Staff....

Come on... i like the staff more too, it can me transmogged into such nice things... but I am not goind to aim for that thing... since 140+ int is just to much to be overlooked... its almost a full ofhhand enchant.
    You didn't read the other arguments though because you've not responded to them. You're still going on about stats when that was not the only counterpoint to your completely ridiculous topic.
    You have yet to justify why there should be two equally viable best in slot weapons to choose from when that is not anything that has been available for the entire span of the game thus far, or anything that is available to other classes.

What on earth gave you the idea that someone is being "screwed" by one weapon being better than the other?
    If you heavily value the looks then you will pick the staff, if you heavily value your DPS you will sim out the dagger and sword to figure out which is superior.
    Transmogrification has been an available feature for one tier. Before then you had literally no choice of weapon model at all.
    Over the two tiers available for comparison one already had a staff as BiS (though it was not transmogrifiable) and if you did not have one, one of the other options was a staff that could be transmogrified (not the best of the two options, but something that your raid group would require that one person had).

Then there is this tier, the first one on record (out of two) with a competitive sword (though pre-5.1 the dagger generally sims slightly higher).
    If anything people who like wands should be complaining. There has yet to be a best in slot wand that can be transmogrified. Stop screwing us over, Blizzard!

Deleted
    A bit wierd since they drop from the same tier I guess but not that major problem imo.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 05:17 PM ----------

And I really do like staffs more also. It's more of the "classic" wizardy look walking around with a staff than a sword!

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Also, as far as I remember, Lightning Rod Heroic (Hagara) was better than the MH+OH combo for Fire Mages who didn't have DTR. Also, in Icecrown Citadel, I believe the Heroic LK staves were better than an MH+OH combo but I can't remember so far back regarding gear.
    Mostly because there was no heroic offhand without spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Mostly because there was no heroic offhand without spirit.
    So... out of the two tiers we've had with transmogrification, half of them have had a BiS staff which you could transmogrify?
    GG OP.

Well, don't shadow priests, affli locks and moonkin want haste over crit/hit?
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    You didn't read the other arguments though because you've not responded to them. You're still going on about stats when that was not the only counterpoint to your completely ridiculous topic.
    It seems that you are the only one who thinks it a ridiculous topic, since there is activity for a couple of weeks now in here. So please leave your forum elitist attitude somewhere else. If you dont want to contribute, do not.

I have written this because I think the arguments are not justifying the big difference.

Yes, it is harder to get two pieces of gear, or it least it should be harder since I already have the mainhand/offhand combo and I don't have the staff. Sure this is an argument only based on personal luck... But still .. the offhand should be pretty easy to get with bonus rolls on a boss that only has 2 items in the lootpool for us and is the easiest heroic encounter in HoF which even makes the difference even worse.

They PROBLEM I have and why i have choosen this topic is, whe have almost always been screwed with this mainhand/offhand/2hand crap. Exept the legendary staffs... What is so fuckin hard to balance these things out accordingly... this is an issue that takes 5 f***in minutes of coding... and noone would cpmplain about mainhand/offhand and 2hand beeing equal statwise...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Well, don't shadow priests, affli locks and moonkin want haste over crit/hit?
    moonkins want crit after a certain haste point, and its the same with shadow priests..

Quote Originally Posted by Mûe View Post
    It seems that you are the only one who thinks it a ridiculous topic, since there is activity for a couple of weeks now in here. So please leave your forum elitist attitude somewhere else. If you dont want to contribute, do not.

I have written this because I think the arguments are not justifying the big difference.

Yes, it is harder to get two pieces of gear, or it least it should be harder since I already have the mainhand/offhand combo and I don't have the staff. Sure this is an argument only based on personal luck... But still .. the offhand should be pretty easy to get with bonus rolls on a boss that only has 2 items in the lootpool for us and is the easiest heroic encounter in HoF which even makes the difference even worse.

They PROBLEM I have and why i have choosen this topic is, whe have almost always been screwed with this mainhand/offhand/2hand crap. Exept the legendary staffs... What is so fuckin hard to balance these things out accordingly... this is an issue that takes 5 f***in minutes of coding... and noone would cpmplain about mainhand/offhand and 2hand beeing equal statwise...
    You're still not replying to any of my posts!
    Please read the last two posts I made!
    Your post addresses neither of them!
    You're still talking about it being harder to get two 1H weapons than one 2H weapons, which I didn't mention at all!
    This is why I have a "elitist attitude", because you aren't fucking reading my posts and still pretend you are replying to them.

A 2H staff was best in slot in the last tier we had, even if you did not have DTR. You would always need at least one person in the raid to have that staff.

Transmogrification has been an available feature for one tier. Before then you had literally no choice of weapon model at all.
    Over the two tiers available for comparison one already had a staff as BiS (though it was not transmogrifiable) and if you did not have one, one of the other options was a staff that could be transmogrified (which was conditionally also best in slot).

Then there is this tier, the first one on record (out of two) with a competitive sword (though pre-5.1 the dagger generally sims slightly higher).
    If anything people who like wands should be complaining. There has yet to be a best in slot wand that can be transmogrified. Stop screwing us over, Blizzard!

A dagger has been conditoinally BiS for two tiers out of two
    A staff has been BiS for one tier out of two
    A sword has never been BiS (the elite dagger is better until 5.1).
    A wand has never been BiS

You are fighting for the wrong weapon, wands and swords are the underepresented weapon type since Transmog was introduced and swords will only get their place once 5.1 comes out.
    Last edited by Imnick; 2012-11-23 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post

A sword has never been BiS (the elite dagger is better until 5.1).

Turning tide and Sharpened Silithid Femur wants to have a chat with you

Oh. And cant actually remember but Wraith blade in original naxx was pretty good(given atiesh was better i think)
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2012-11-23 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Turning tide and Sharpened Silithid Femur wants to have a chat with you

Oh. And cant actually remember but Wraith blade in original naxx was pretty good(given atiesh was better i think)
    Yes, we totally had transmogrification in that patch, well done.

Deleted
    I think you really don't get me there. Its fine with me that there is a sword BIS this Tier... the problem I have is... WHY ARE THEY EVEN DOING THIS BIS SHIT!

Bliizard is always like "We want to give you choices, you can do it this way or the other way"... But there is no frickin choise... In the past I remember many weapons beeing BIS for some classe because they had different stats on them like mastery/haste/hit/crit... Yes, I know there where slight differences in stats but they weren that major. At least the int/spellpower value was not.

I mean its not like the 1Hand/offhand combo isnt better for other classes... There is not one class that should favor the staff over the 1hand/ofhand combo if they had the choise... except for the reason of ... well "Looks"