Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Walking Dead is one of my favorite games this year. I'd be glad to vote for it to be game of the year, it deserves to be atleast nominated.

Played trough episode 5 today, and it was pretty amazing. But especially emotional. I won't spoil stuff, unless we get a spoiler thread for this, but its definatly worth playing till the end.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I want a Fahrenheit that doesn't go completely batshit insane at the end of the second act.
    I personally love Heavy Rain, and I'd love to see another one of these games. It was made by the same developers that made Fahrenheit, and also easily worth playing. Sadly its a PS3 exclusive >.<

I just played the finale of the Walking Dead by Tell Tale Games. It's about an hour and twenty minutes long. Each play through has different experiences due to who you bring it affects the situation and what you say. Spoiler click here knowing the full espoide of 5 No Time Left is shown. Also if you're interested in that search the history for the "Best of Walking Dead" showing 1-3 best moments in the series. I thought the full espoide deserved to be shown since it's finale till Season 2. HD Quality

I bought this game a few months ago during the Steam Summer sales and I just now got around to playing it, and I can safely say that this game is amazing. I am already finding myself emotionally attached to several characters (even though I know that's a bad idea) and I normally don't get like that. Very solid game, and I can't wait to get into it more. Onward to Episode 3!

Finished episode 5 today... oh my. Altough it was much shorter than previous episodes, this one is simply amazing, filled with excellent dialogues, a lot of tension and very emotional moments. Final scenes were simply amazing. I literally just sat, hands holding the controller very tightly as credits + epilogue rolled. Most powerful story-driven gaming experience this year, love it and can't wait for Season 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Moralio View Post
    Finished episode 5 today... oh my. Altough it was much shorter than previous episodes, this one is simply amazing, filled with excellent dialogues, a lot of tension and very emotional moments. Final scenes were simply amazing. I literally just sat, hands holding the controller very tightly as credits + epilogue rolled. Most powerful story-driven gaming experience this year, love it and can't wait for Season 2!
    You should play it at least 2 times to make different choices and to see how that changes things. Well worth it imo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Overall, including all 5 episodes, how long is the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    Hope you do right by the developers and buy this from Steam sale now then. It's 50% off and cost basically the same as a movie ticket and you get way more value for your money. Everyone freaking get this game! It's game of the year material even though it obviously won't win anything since small developer games never do...

Ugh I'm so tempted to get it but I've got my face so buried into Rift's latest xpac I know I won't find the time to play it properly anytime soon. Still 1/2 price.. /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    Overall, including all 5 episodes, how long is the game?
    I say episodes 1-4 take around 2-3 hours each and 5th around 1.5. It all of course depends if you talk to everyone on every possible occasion, explore the areas and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Ugh I'm so tempted to get it but I've got my face so buried into Rift's latest xpac I know I won't find the time to play it properly anytime soon. Still 1/2 price.. /sigh
    Might as well grab it while it's on sale! It's what I did during the summer sales. Treat yourself!

Deleted
    I played Ep. 2 all in 1 yesterday. I felt so emotionally drained from it :S

Kenny hated me at the end. I stood up for him and Duck against Larry in Ep. 1 in the drug store, and so in the Fridge, I stood up for Larry and tried to get him living again. Kenny killed him, and then hated me from then on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fysi View Post
    I played Ep. 2 all in 1 yesterday. I felt so emotionally drained from it :S

Kenny hated me at the end. I stood up for him and Duck against Larry in Ep. 1 in the drug store, and so in the Fridge, I stood up for Larry and tried to get him living again. Kenny killed him, and then hated me from then on.
    That same thing happened to me! I hope I can fix it, because I like Kenny. ):

Deleted
    Recently completed part 4. I love this game so much love how relationships vary on your choice. My favorite path so far is just teaming up with clem and keeping my distance with the others.

Was getting very close to the reporter on my first playthrough. Was :O in episode 3....

Deleted
    (SPOILER!) While i don't own the game, i got quite attached to Lee... i shed a tear when he died poor clementine. I wonder how season 2 will roll out, will it be with Omid and his wife protecting clementine or will there be completely new characters? (SPOILERS!)

EDIT: i watched Force's walkthrough, just saying.
    Last edited by mmoc0147b9f362; 2012-11-23 at 02:59 PM.

SMALL SPOILER!!!

A pity that we didn't get to see Molly and Vernon at all in this episode, and with Vernon stealing the boat it does kinda look like a cheap way to say ''we want the entire episode in the city!''. Vernon didn't look like a guy that would do such a thing.

My favorite episodes were:

2 > 5 > 1 > 4 > 3

What were yours?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    Hope you do right by the developers and buy this from Steam sale now then. It's 50% off and cost basically the same as a movie ticket and you get way more value for your money. Everyone freaking get this game! It's game of the year material even though it obviously won't win anything since small developer games never do...
    Already bought it.

Played everything, I love this game, I'm considering this is one of the best games I've played, if not the best atm.

I just loved it, amazing ending, so sad, but so amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Already bought it.

Played everything, I love this game, I'm considering this is one of the best games I've played, if not the best atm.

I just loved it, amazing ending, so sad, but so amazing.
    I totally agree with this. Walking Dead is likely my Game of the Year. The characters and story telling are just amazing. I'm sad about the ending, and I'm sad that it's over. I hope they make a season two.

Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    I totally agree with this. Walking Dead is likely my Game of the Year. The characters and story telling are just amazing. I'm sad about the ending, and I'm sad that it's over. I hope they make a season two.
    Season 2 was just confirmed recently as far as I know!

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Season 2 was just confirmed recently as far as I know!
    Yea, season 2 is confirmed and as others have said even though the game is awesome in itself, the ending is still couple levels above all that still. It's probably in my top10 endings all games, movies and books I've seen or read combined. That ending alone is reason enough to play through the game!

PS. Does anyone know what the song playing during the credits at the end is?

Edit: Just checked some Steam achievement stats. About 90% of the people who got the game have completed chapter 1 episode 1 achi, but only 10% have actually completed the full game. That's kinda sad. :/
    Last edited by Cakka; 2012-11-24 at 05:20 AM.

This is intense, it's just like living the show. Never even heard of it until I saw this thread. Definitely going to show this to my mom and bro as well who are way more nuts about the show/books them I am, we watch the show as a family every week. (Good wholesome family show, right? lol) We will all be playing this, thanks.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune