Interested in RAF? This seems like the best time.

Best Buy has the Battlechest fr $4.99 tomorrow.

I'm probably gonna pick one up and dual box a few characters in that time.

I figured there are other people who have been thinking about this, but don't wanna dish out the money for an account they will never bother playing again, but you can't beat $5

What is there to discuss?

Doesn't RAF need the "new" Account to pay at least for one month in order to "work"? Or is the first month already included in this battle chest?

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TenDance View Post
    Doesn't RAF need the "new" Account to pay at least for one month in order to "work"? Or is the first month already included in this battle chest?
    Yes on the first account and no on the second afaik.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TenDance View Post
    A free month comes with the game. The recruited account has to actually pay 2 months so the linked account gets the mount, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    So roughly what's the cost to RAF yourself for the mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    $5 + 2 months sub. You get one month free on your main account though so its really like 5 + 15 = 20 bucks roughly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    The base game (in this case $5) plus a month of game time (another $15), so about 20 USD. plus two months of game time (~$30) so about $35 USD

Obviously it varies depending on how much you can find the original game for.

edit: I'm incorrect about the single month of game time, looks like you have to purchase 60 days now.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2012-11-22 at 09:30 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    The base game (in this case $5) plus a month of game time (another $15), so about 20 USD.
    Technically it's 2 months of game time for the mount, but the main account get s a free month, so it's still $20.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Technically it's 2 months of game time for the mount, but the main account get s a free month, so it's still $20.
    You're right (I was editing when you posted) that it's two months gametime, but it's based off of time actually purchased, so the free month shouldn't affect things.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    What is there to discuss?
    There was obviously plenty to discuss. But my intent wasn't to have this long drawn out conversation, but to inform people who want to take advantage of this.

It's people like you that have turned this community to shit, good job.

So I a tad confused here, everyone is saying its 2 months to get the mount, do you still get the experience gain? As much as I would live the mount, I'm more concerned with the fast leveling to make up for the classes I don't want to transfer and pay for factio changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    So I a tad confused here, everyone is saying its 2 months to get the mount, do you still get the experience gain? As much as I would live the mount, I'm more concerned with the fast leveling to make up for the classes I don't want to transfer and pay for factio changes.
    The experience gain, summons ability, and all the other RAF perks last for 90 days from when the RAF account was started, regardless of whether they buy any game time (note that if they don't buy the game, they will be under trial restrictions).

The mount is separate thing. In order for you to receive it as a reward for recruiting someone, your recruit has to purchase the game (ie, not a trial, but doesn't need to be latest expac) and 60 days of game time. The recruit doesn't have to do it right away, and it won't have any affect on your account being linked if they don't do it at all (although they won't be able to play the full ninety days if they don't at some point).

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    The mount is separate thing. In order for you to receive it as a reward for recruiting someone, your recruit has to purchase the game (ie, not a trial, but doesn't need to be latest expac) and 60 days of game time. The recruit doesn't have to do it right away, and it won't have any affect on your account being linked if they don't do it at all (although they won't be able to play the full ninety days if they don't at some point).
    And to add to this, if the recruit pays by credit card, there is a delay of 30 days before you receive the mount, because the card isn't charged until the second month. A quicker way would be to buy a 60-day game time card and use the code on the recruit account. You can then claim the mount immediately.

I'm looking to RAF with someone.

Will provide Battlechest and in-game perks.

10+ Year Old Account
    The base game (in this case $5) plus a month of game time (another $15), so about 20 USD. plus two months of game time (~$30) so about $35 USD

Obviously it varies depending on how much you can find the original game for.

edit: I'm incorrect about the single month of game time, looks like you have to purchase 60 days now.
    Ah so you don't need to get Cataclysm or MoP?
    Just the battlechest (Original+TBC+WoTLK) and buy 2 months of sub?

What about Europe it's possible to buy it or is there any kind of restriction?

It seems like people missunderstand some things here, you never have to buy a two months game card. Just using the included 30 days and another 1 month subscription gives you the mount.

And if you only want to level you can just remove your Creditcard before the first 30 days run out.

If you want the mount asap you can actually buy 1 month pre paid in the blizzard store.
    http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=110000004

So no, a 60day prepaid is never needed!

Hope this helps!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
    It seems like people missunderstand some things here, you never have to buy a two months game card. Just using the included 30 days and another 1 month subscription gives you the mount.

And if you only want to level you can just remove your Creditcard before the first 30 days run out.

If you want the mount asap you can actually buy 1 month pre paid in the blizzard store.
    http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=110000004

Hope this helps!
    Your wrong....this is right from blizzard RAF FAQ's Yes you have to pay in for 60 days of game time...

So, at what point will I be able to redeem a Recruit a Friend mount, specifically?
    You — and all other veteran players — will be able to redeem this item once a recruit account is charged for 60 days of game time.
    Payments provided by Credit Card or PayPal will not process until both the recruit account's Starter Edition time and 30 day credit expire. That is, should your friend or family member pay for a subscription via one of the methods listed, it will be approximately 30 to 40 days before your account qualifies for a Recruit a Friend mount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post

Hope this helps!
    Well, providing false information doesn't really help, no. You really need to PAY for two months gametime. The free month is not included in PAYING for two months gametime.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    Your wrong....this is right from blizzard RAF FAQ's Yes you have to pay in for 60 days of game time...

So, at what point will I be able to redeem a Recruit a Friend mount, specifically?
    You — and all other veteran players — will be able to redeem this item once a recruit account is charged for 60 days of game time.
    Payments provided by Credit Card or PayPal will not process until both the recruit account's Starter Edition time and 30 day credit expire. That is, should your friend or family member pay for a subscription via one of the methods listed, it will be approximately 30 to 40 days before your account qualifies for a Recruit a Friend mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Well, providing false information doesn't really help, no. You really need to PAY for two months gametime. The free month is not included in PAYING for two months gametime.

I'm not wrong tho. I did this myself when the Obsidian Nightwing was announced so i could redeem a rocket before it expired. I found it in some thread on the homepage forum and Yes it works just fine. (Atleast here in EU, not sure if US really just have different conditions)

I even hepled a friend to the same and it worked just fine.