Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Regarding the dungeon journal, the protectors of the endless look easy on heroic. But the fight is definitly broken by now.
    Touch of Sha should tick for 50k damage, but we had 150k ticks (after some time, for a normal guild, that's unhealable). Is that really intended and Blizzard forgot to update the DJ?

Are you accounting for Sha Corruption increasing its damage by 50% per stack on heroic?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Are you accounting for Sha Corruption increasing its damage by 50% per stack on heroic?
    No, I'm talking about the debuff from Kaolan. And Sha Corruption will only to be taken into account if you have managed to kill one or two protectors. But we are just at the beginning of the fight...
    And even if Kaolan had two Sha of Corruption stacks... 50% more damage of 50.000 base damage would result in 75.000 damage and not 150.000 damage.

Lol
    Give em a one day advantage on a race start and fanboiz will proclame victory :=)
    Funny ...
    Anyway as for a topic, I think the thing is pretty clear, World 1st probably Method or Paragon. Just a prediction with an objective overview based on skills of players, history and dedication.
    The others are really irrelevant as they were throught all tiers ...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No trust me it's not accounted.

I don't think 50k is right as the base in the dungeon journal but there is something SERIOUSLY bugged with this encounter.

Yesterday when we did the encounter the ticks were doing roughly 115k. When we did it today it was ticking for 156k before we switched it to normal and just killed it. This is with ALL three adds still up and with zero adds stacking on the boss.

Our only guess is the few solid attempts we had that we cleanly killed one protector and a couple minutes later ended up wiping, is somehow rolling over to a reset encounter.

Again not complaining but asking other peoples experiences with it. With around a 100k tick we think its completely possible to pull off (except heroic elite) but at 156k I don't think it's possible at all to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    In T11, it was a true race, everyboss available, first man to the finnish.
    I see what you did there.

No, I'm talking about the debuff from Kaolan. And Sha Corruption will only to be taken into account if you have managed to kill one or two protectors. But we are just at the beginning of the fight...
    And even if Kaolan had two Sha of Corruption stacks... 50% more damage of 50.000 base damage would result in 75.000 damage and not 150.000 damage.

Dungeon journal might just be wrong or missing something.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What we are saying is something is broken with the encounter. Damage from failed attempts (adds getting through or killing one protector) is bugging the encounter and making the DoT do WAY more damage than it should be doing.

If something is missing it's an invisible ghost running around giving random damage values to the abilities these guys have. We've had attempts with the SAME circumstances (all 3 adds up, no sha reaching the boss) and their abilities are doing inconsistent damage. The lightning prison is doing more damage per tick and the touch of sha, which is the most noticeable one of them all is doing variable damage under the same circumstances. It seems as one progresses throughout the night on the encounter they keep getting more and more damage.

Like I mentioned we had around a 110k tick yesterday from touch of sha, and after an hour and a half of attempts tonight we ended with 156k ticks. A friend of mine is citing that in 25 man their guilds members after a full night of working on it were approaching 200k in the FIRST PHASE of the encounter under the same circumstances I just highlighted. Something is wrong with this fight and if these hidden random damage mechanics are intended (they aren't) there is absolutely no way people are going to be able to do heroic elite ever with everybody in the raid taking 200k damage every 3 seconds. Especially when the last add has an absurd amount of health to burn through.

Here's a damage log from a heroic kill for Touch of Sha: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=15903&e=16384

Ticks for about 105-120k. Damage pull to pull seems pretty consistent.

so, anyone know what the top guilds are doing? lowest % wipes, any special classes used, whatever?

Deleted
    Regarding the dungeon journal, the protectors of the endless look easy on heroic. But the fight is definitly broken by now.
    Touch of Sha should tick for 50k damage, but we had 150k ticks (after some time, for a normal guild, that's unhealable). Is that really intended and Blizzard forgot to update the DJ?
    We had 100k ticks on the first attempt. Last attempt we had 156k ticks. Something's terrible broken with this encounter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swirling Black Lilly View Post
    so, anyone know what the top guilds are doing? lowest % wipes, any special classes used, whatever?
    would love to know this aswell!

Quote Originally Posted by Noirlama View Post
    would love to know this aswell!
    all i know is that paragon went back to clearing the 3 remaining bosses in HOF as well as all bosses in MSV some time after reaching Sha of Fear last night. So it could be that it requires more gear.

thank you joeyc!

anyone know if it's the same for the 25man guilds?
    (moaaaaar)

My monies on Stars. Don't know why but I think they're gonna come from behind and take this.

I want BL to win personally, not American but have always liked that guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    My monies on Stars. Don't know why but I think they're gonna come from behind and take this.

Well Stars is the 8th on 3/4 so it's getting crowded at the top. 2 more guilds on 2/4 so possibly soon to be 10 guilds duking it out. Wonder what the particular reason is that the guilds are stuck on Sha at the moment. Would be nice to hear some hints from some of the participants as to what it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    What we are saying is something is broken with the encounter. Damage from failed attempts (adds getting through or killing one protector) is bugging the encounter and making the DoT do WAY more damage than it should be doing.

If something is missing it's an invisible ghost running around giving random damage values to the abilities these guys have. We've had attempts with the SAME circumstances (all 3 adds up, no sha reaching the boss) and their abilities are doing inconsistent damage. The lightning prison is doing more damage per tick and the touch of sha, which is the most noticeable one of them all is doing variable damage under the same circumstances. It seems as one progresses throughout the night on the encounter they keep getting more and more damage.

Like I mentioned we had around a 110k tick yesterday from touch of sha, and after an hour and a half of attempts tonight we ended with 156k ticks. A friend of mine is citing that in 25 man their guilds members after a full night of working on it were approaching 200k in the FIRST PHASE of the encounter under the same circumstances I just highlighted. Something is wrong with this fight and if these hidden random damage mechanics are intended (they aren't) there is absolutely no way people are going to be able to do heroic elite ever with everybody in the raid taking 200k damage every 3 seconds. Especially when the last add has an absurd amount of health to burn through.
    Did you try resetting the instance? If the damage increases for every try maybe resetting the instance will reset the increased damage.

It's hype time! Based on some info gathered from several top guilds it would seem that Sha of Fear is a seriously "legit" endboss, of some quite epic proportions (I've even heard the legendary Ragnaros 2.0 invoked).
    from manaflask.com. happy to hear the top guilds are happy with the encounter. no telling when the first kill might come.

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post

You realise if stars wins people are going to dismiss it completely as a kill because well they are chinese and aren't paragon or method? Just see all the people dismissing blood legion yet its not the first time they have beat method and paragon.

First time on an endboss.

Quote Originally Posted by Skallfraktur View Post
    First time on an endboss.
    Blood legion beat method and paragon to spine + madness heroic too.