Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    The Apollo program delivered six manned lunar landings and three circumlunar flights (including Apollo 13). I submit that if any of this seems questionable to you, you're doing it wrong.
    The fact that telescopes can actually see remains and flags on the lunar surface as well.

My bet is on some form of bacterial life,

After they discovered that glass eating bacteria (carbon eating) below the ocean in the rock thats respires anaerobically, a few people have been intrested to see what bacteria could thrive on a plant with no "earth" atmosphere or lack of oxygen
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Deleted
    I hope it's Elvis.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    I hope it's Elvis.
    That's not funny. Completely silly and nonsensical to suggest that.

We all know he's on Jupiter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prothean ruins!
    Hail Sovereign!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    The fact that telescopes can actually see remains and flags on the lunar surface as well.
    Stuff like the flags and Apollo hardware are too small for telescopes to resolve from Earth (or Earth orbit), but the landing sites have been documented by orbiting spacecraft like LRO.

Deleted
    Ironicaly the best thing that they could find there would be a precious metal or Oil that would surely drive the space exploration in such a force that we as a species would advance in 5 years what would take 50+ if only NASA would go there...

But i'm beting on methane traces or some compound that undeniably tells that water was present there.

Best case scenario probably a bacteria that would take years to properly study...

Stuff like the flags and Apollo hardware are too small for telescopes to resolve from Earth (or Earth orbit), but the landing sites have been documented by orbiting spacecraft like LRO.
    Except there are articles that detail how all but one flag are still upright. How would they know?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmoe View Post
    That's not funny. Completely silly and nonsensical to suggest that.

We all know he's on Jupiter.
    Jupiter doesn't have a "rock" vibe.

Probably a bunch of strange looking rocks. lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Except there are articles that detail how all but one flag are still upright. How would they know?
    The LROC camera on Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter made that possible, not telescopes. If we had 100-meter or larger telescopes on Earth, it'd be a different story... but that's at least ten times the size of any optical aperture on the planet right now.

Deleted

Deleted
    They found a pokéball!
    Or a rock shaped like pokéball....
    Okay just a rock, with traces of coal on it.

They found Waldo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Hail Sovereign!
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    Putin khuliyo

The Apollo program delivered six manned lunar landings and three circumlunar flights (including Apollo 13). I submit that if any of this seems questionable to you, you're doing it wrong.

The "one" referring to the first televised one with Armstrong that everyone talks about. Of course, they went in the 70's afterwards with landings. After they were there "first". Point is they went up there with a toaster oven CPU and they dont even bother to go up today, its useless. Not going to be going to mars for along time let alone mine shit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    I loved that line
    Last edited by skatblast; 2012-11-23 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    *crosses fingers* please be The Martian Manhunter please be The Martian Manhunter please be The Martian Manhunter.

It's probably not him....

Oh well, hope they have found proof that life existed on Mars, that would be amazing to discover I also hope if they find out they didn't find anything, they let us know what they thought they had found.
    I am so glad I'm not the only one that was thinking that.

Deleted
    Curiosity manage to disturb some martian dirt.
    there was some lettering discovered, they are still making sure it is correct before releasing to the press.
    only letters that can be made out are

_ad_ i_ C_ina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    Curiosity manage to disturb some martian dirt.
    there was some lettering discovered, they are still making sure it is correct before releasing to the press.
    only letters that can be made out are

_ad_ i_ C_ina
    Made in Chine

Bet you its just evidence of water or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    The "one" referring to the first televised one with Armstrong that everyone talks about. Of course, they went in the 70's afterwards with landings. After they were there "first".
    Two crews orbited the Moon and returned before the first landing (Apollo 11; Armstrong, Aldrin, and Collins). All the landings then happened between July 1969 and December 1972. You haven't made clear what you think is "questionable" about Apollo 11. What did you mean by that?

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Point is they went up there with a toaster oven CPU and they dont even bother to go up today, its useless.
    By today's standards, of course the computers were primitive (as was everything else available at the time), but why does that matter? The primary reason we haven't returned is because the cost of a lunar landing in today's currency would be exorbitant. It's not that going to the Moon is useless or that there isn't plenty of value there, scientific or otherwise.