Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Easiest 5NV Stack in Act 2?

So, in the process of farming keys for my Hellfire Ring, and Act 2 is giving me a LOT of trouble. In short, getting raped very easily by a lot of mobs, whether it be the ones that move insanely fast, or the ones with stupidly-high-damage projectiles that also move insanely fast, or whatever. I can farm Act 1 MP5 very easily, but Act 2 I'm getting my ass handed to me just trying to build up 5 stacks. (to get the keywarden to drop a key)

tl;dr: What's the easiest place to get 5NV in Act 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sewers - > Black canyon mine - > Oaisis - > Warden

Done

vault of the assasin, get the checkpoint and you start in there
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Black canyon mine
    Can't do this place. Too many fucking wasps with their overpowered ranged attacks and 5000% movement speed.
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Can't do this place. Too many fucking wasps with their overpowered ranged attacks and 5000% movement speed.
    Mmmmh okay can you get to VoA as the other poster has stated? It has aprox 10-12 elites in there and no flying wasp things lol

Start on the quest to kill zulton. Find vault of the assassin. Clear it easy 5 stacks. Can also go to the road to alc and go into towards mag always 1-2 elites there

Deleted
    Drop the MP level a bit, dont need it to get the key, it just helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by svenforkbeard View Post
    Drop the MP level a bit, dont need it to get the key, it just helps.
    It helps a lot unless you want to take awhile.

MP Zero: 5%
    1: 10%
    2: 20%
    All the way up to 100% via MP 10

Yeah as others have said, port to desolate sands and find the vault of the assassin. Always 5+ mobs in there and once you have 5 NV then port out and go to oasis.

After you find the warden you can leave game and resume game and you restart in the vault for 5 stacks again.

I usually farm 4-5 keys at a time when I do act 2 because having the checkpoint in vault of assassin makes it faster than having to find it again next time.

I just go directly to oasis using the path to the oasis travel point, while looking for the warden I always find 3-5elites there is always a event and most of the time a dungeon aswell.

Deleted
    If youre farming for the key, find vault of assassin, get 5 stacks there, theres like 10 tightly packed elite groups there. Then straight to oasis. If you log out and back without changing the quest, you always start in the vault so it's pretty easy to farm multiple keys like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Klein View Post
    find the vault of the assassin. Always 5+ mobs in there
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    theres like 10 tightly packed elite groups there.
    Really? Because I found exactly five elite packs in the entire place.

I'm not sure why, but Act II in general just seems to rape me. Act 1 MP6 I clear without any issues (excluding BS elite rolls), but Act 2, I'm getting my ass handed to me by normal mobs. Mostly because half of the mobs have annoying attributes like insane run speed or high damage ranged attacks or some other BS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Sewers - > Black canyon mine - > Oaisis - > Warden

Done
    I do Sewers -> Road to Alcarnus -> Oasis -> Warden
    Sometimes I switch things up with Desolate Sands as well.

I avoid Black Canyon Mine due to the annoying wasps.

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 06:31 PM ----------

I counted 12 elite packs once. But I don't farm it at all, just noticed it was a lot when I randomly came across the place on an alt.

Deleted

I'm not sure why, but Act II in general just seems to rape me. Act 1 MP6 I clear without any issues (excluding BS elite rolls), but Act 2, I'm getting my ass handed to me by normal mobs. Mostly because half of the mobs have annoying attributes like insane run speed or high damage ranged attacks or some other BS.
    Yea, it's 7-12 there, random of course.

Its the stupid backtabing nagas that vanish...

make sure u spec blur for act2 lots of melee damge going on

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Its the stupid backtabing nagas that vanish...
    Those are no problem at all. The mobs that I fucking despise the most:

-Wasps: Oh yeah, high movement speed so you can't fucking catch them, and ranged attacks that do insane damage. Totally balanced.
    -Those magus things that shoot fireballs that do a ton of damage and then leave fire patches on the ground that do even more damage and you can barely see them because they're so dim and you're dead before you realize you're standing in one.

Just, ranged mobs in general are the fucking bane of a CM wizard, and Act 2 has a lot of insanely overpowered ones. I always die at least 15 times doing 5NV stacks + keywarden. Whereas Act 1, I breeze through effortlessly, only dying if I get a BS elite roll. I dunno, am I just getting terrible luck with elite afflixes or what? It seems like every other elite pack has arcane or vortex or some other bullshit afflix combo.

Can't say exactly what six for a wizard as I don't play one but I agree the fire patches on the ground from those things in the vault and all other places like it are definitely the most deadly for me too.

It's the reason I don't do bridge in Act 3 cos those Heralds of Pestilence are deadly too.

If you're having that much trouble you need to tone down the MP. Mind posting your profile?
    What the world needs is Lesshammad.

Deleted
    what i do is sewers (this checkpoint)
    black canyon..sometimes i get 3-4 rares sometimes only 1. if only 1 just keep moving north and u should get 2 or 3 more.
    once im 3, 4 , or 5 i move to oasis coz theres enough rares there itself.
    and warden!

also more than anything I HATE SUCCUBUS! WHY YOU REDUCE MY ARMOR AND RESIST SO THAT THOSE NOOB MELEE CAN ONESHOT ME! (the melee is piss easy without the succubus)

Quote Originally Posted by Trotheus View Post
    If you're having that much trouble you need to tone down the MP. Mind posting your profile?
    Like I said, Act 1 MP5 is a breeze for me. Hell, MP6 is easy as well. But Act 2, I'm getting my ass handed to me because of all the bullshit mobs that have fast movement speed or annoying ranged attacks. Almost every mob in Act 2 has some bullshit ability or ranged attack, whereas most Act 1 mobs are just straight-up melee with normal movement speed.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/J.../hero/15533431