Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    is popping wings + selfcast holy prism any good for snap threat? or would lights hammer be better? i might have to shout at my offtank a little
    Light's Hammer doesn't give you any threat at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    Light's Hammer doesn't give you any threat at all.
    If you throw it at a neutral mob, the neutral mob will attack you.

Deleted
    Yeah aoe tanking for protection paladins has been bad in Mop due to vengeance. i totally agree.

Deleted
    I've found when you get hit and expertise capped, If you want more threat haste isnt a bad way to go. I dont have any problems with threat gen aoe or single target.
    I know its off topic but drop your dodge enchant on wrists and replace it with the mastery enchant.

There are 2 viable stat priorities.
    Stamina > Hit > Exp > Mastery > Haste
    Stamina > Hit > Exp > Haste > Mastery

I would even go as far to say a lot of the Plate dps gear is better for us than the tank gear, especially anything with both mastery and haste on.

As your haste goes up you will find tanks will be finding it hard to get threat off you, not the other way around

I cant seem to link my armory but im Ronus Terenas EU if you want to have a look at my gearing strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronus View Post
    There are 2 viable stat priorities.
    Stamina > Hit > Exp > Mastery > Haste
    Stamina > Hit > Exp > Haste > Mastery
    This is deceptive.

Stamina is a valuable stat but your priority placement on it depends largely on what kind of raids you are doing and what your gear is like.

Off the top of my head, in roughly 475-480 gear, it's more like:

Normal 10: Hit > Exp > Mastery = Haste > Stamina
    Heroic 10: Hit > Exp > Stamina > Mastery = Haste
    Normal 25: Hit > Exp > Stamina > Mastery = Haste
    Heroic 25: Stamina > Hit > Exp > Mastery = Haste

It really comes down to what you are doing and what your gear is like. For normal 10 man raiding, generally anywhere over 500k health buffed should be enough for your healers to keep you up, 550k tops.

For 25 raiding and heroic mode raiding your stamina level needs to be up a bit higher than that, but once again it should be based on what your healers can handle and how hard you are being hit.

To simply say Stamina > all can leave you with full stamina gems in sockets, stamina chants on gloves/boots and a pretty squishy feel when you take 3-4 unmitigated hits because you aren't blocking/dodging/parrying/shielding or healing enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    To simply say Stamina > all can leave you with full stamina gems in sockets, stamina chants on gloves/boots and a pretty squishy feel when you take 3-4 unmitigated hits because you aren't blocking/dodging/parrying/shielding or healing enough.
    True, I should have stated stamina until you feel comfortable. I for one dont use 2 stam trinkets for example as I feel just fine with what I have. Agree with everything you say.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/terenas/Ronus/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Ronus View Post
    True, I should have stated stamina until you feel comfortable. I for one dont use 2 stam trinkets for example as I feel just fine with what I have. Agree with everything you say.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/terenas/Ronus/simple
    Yeah I have a few other trinkets that I swap around with depending on the group/fight, mainly love those two for the mastery pop instead of something lame like dodge.

Deleted
    Good, so it's not my incompetence that I never manage to get aggro on trash packs or Wind Lord Mel'jarak when there's a DK / Bear around. Except for when I taunt or pull first and get a few seconds of Vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Good, so it's not my incompetence that I never manage to get aggro on trash packs or Wind Lord Mel'jarak when there's a DK / Bear around. Except for when I taunt or pull first and get a few seconds of Vengeance.
    Let's not jump to conclusions.

It could always be both :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Let's not jump to conclusions.

It could always be both :P
    Might be possible, obviously. But there isn't much more I can do except for running in, throwing Captain America shield while running, popping Consecration, Light's Hammer and spam Hammer of the Righteous / Holy Wrath on Cooldown for AoE aggro

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Might be possible, obviously. But there isn't much more I can do except for running in, throwing Captain America shield while running, popping Consecration, Light's Hammer and spam Hammer of the Righteous / Holy Wrath on Cooldown for AoE aggro
    I know, was just making sure you were aware of the possibility :P

I mean, you could try going Holy Prism for the heal aggro/aoe deeps but I'm pretty sure Light's Hammer is better overall.

Deleted
    On Wind Lord you should probably be tanking a majority of the mobs due to the healing you'll be able to put out with the Vengeance. Just have your other tank not aoe for the first 10 seconds or so of the fight and you should be set.

Also, Light's Hammer is the way to go for Wind Lord as it does so so so much damage. Keep in mind though, that you shouldn't probably throw it down immediately as it doesn't generate any threat for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    On Wind Lord you should probably be tanking a majority of the mobs due to the healing you'll be able to put out with the Vengeance. Just have your other tank not aoe for the first 10 seconds or so of the fight and you should be set.

Also, Light's Hammer is the way to go for Wind Lord as it does so so so much damage. Keep in mind though, that you shouldn't probably throw it down immediately as it doesn't generate any threat for you.
    I heard that it's best to just use one tank on this fight (preferably a pally as the aoe damage and self/raid heals are EPIC) - anyone tried this? need any particular clever tacs to pull off or just aoe nuke?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    I heard that it's best to just use one tank on this fight (preferably a pally as the aoe damage and self/raid heals are EPIC) - anyone tried this? need any particular clever tacs to pull off or just aoe nuke?
    You definetely can but there's a lot of potential for burst deaths, especially if you're not all that well geared (like me). The strategy will be the same with 1 tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    If you throw it at a neutral mob, the neutral mob will attack you.
    When you use Holy Nova (as a priest) next to a neutral mob, the neutral mob will attack you. Holy Nova causes no threat at all, it even says so in the tooltip. This was tested excessively over the past couple years. So no, your point isn't conclusive.

Deleted
    for single boss swaping i always taunt then avenger shield +sotr+ crusader strike (i make sure aven shield and sotr are up). never lost agro after that and i can just do usual rotation