How much better is haste than mastery for arms?

And how much better is crit than haste in comparison? Say if (just for example) crit had a stat weight of 1.0, where between 0 and 1.0 would haste and mastery be?

Im not going to be accurate by any means, but something like this:
    Crit - 1
    Mastery - .5
    Haste .0000001

haste is not desired at all

10+ Year Old Account
    as far as i can tell mastery is priority 0, meaning no stacking of it should be done since its proc does less dmg than an auto attack (and since haste gives more AA, it kinda does masteries job better)

however if mastery was changed to be more like the ele mastery (mortal strike has a chance to proc a weaker mortal strike) it might be better

crit>haste>mastery if we're just counting those 3 stats, tbh crit is much better than both haste and mastery anyway

should be in an arms guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    as far as i can tell mastery is priority 0, meaning no stacking of it should be done since its proc does less dmg than an auto attack (and since haste gives more AA, it kinda does masteries job better)

however if mastery was changed to be more like the ele mastery (mortal strike has a chance to proc a weaker mortal strike) it might be better

crit>haste>mastery if we're just counting those 3 stats, tbh crit is much better than both haste and mastery anyway

should be in an arms guide
    But that doesn't quite answer how much better haste is than mastery.

I would sim yourself, and find out. Personally, mastery is 0.54 for me, and haste 0.50, so it's obviously different for every person.

Str AP Exp Hit Crit Haste Mastery Wdps
    Scale Factors 2.34 1.03 2.85 1.75 1.26 0.75 0.65 9.43
    Normalized 1.00 0.44 1.22 0.75 0.54 0.32 0.28 4.02

is mine.
    i'd sim yours, but you dont have an armoury link. i had mastery > haste last time i checked so you really will have to check before just going off what i have
    Last edited by Damosapien; 2012-11-23 at 03:39 PM.

My Normalized factors are STR: 1 , Crit: 0.53 , Haste: 0.33 , Mastery 0.26
    with a 55% per cent melee proc , it's better has more 100% auto-atacks instead focusing in increase the chance of the proc.

Well, from how it's worded mastery doesnt proc off of just auto attacks. It procs off of every melee attack. Wouldn't that push mastery ahead of haste?

Quote Originally Posted by Laundry View Post
    Well, from how it's worded mastery doesnt proc off of just auto attacks. It procs off of every melee attack. Wouldn't that push mastery ahead of haste?
    yep, but with the same points of mastery you could decrease your swing time and have more auto-atacks

10+ Year Old Account
    ... Yuck, yeah screw Arms, that would mean I'd be in competition with our Frost 2H DK for gear as he likes haste and crit over mastery. I'd assume using fury gear without extra hit/exp (from having only 1 weapon) would not be a huge loss?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laundry View Post
    Im not going to be accurate by any means, but something like this:
    Crit - 1
    Mastery - .5
    Haste .0000001

haste is not desired at all
    Wrong. According to my last sims, crit was .53 points of str, and haste was around .4

Also, haste is more valuable at certain gear levels because of the gains in rage. The better the weapon, the better mastery is comparatively. The better the overall gear, the better haste will scale.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2012-11-23 at 11:33 PM.