Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    sadly... ive noticed i win more bgs when games ARE full of bots, rather than afkers and/or just bad players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    I like how people make it seem as though it's so bad that everyone but them are botters.
    Horde 100% bots

Allaince, 9 of 15 was bots, 60%.

It's not very far away. And when I post a video when I am the only human playing eots with 29 bots, what then? Did I win and you lose? What more do you need to see when one team have 100% bots? In this battleground we were 6 humans and 24 bots... And it sounds like you even is defending this, I mean sure, it CAN get worse, but we are not farm from a point were it actually can't get any worse now, literally.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 05:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    I honestly don't think anyone gives a shit about retarded conspiracy theories. Blizzard bans botters, whether you notice it or not.
    Yea well that detail of not noticing it, is kinda crucial, don't you think?

Seriously, this just isn't acceptable anymore. I can't even play a bg after 02:00 a.m without having at least 60% bots on my team.
    This has to stop. I would rather wait in a 30min queue and get to play with non botters than having to "play" with bots... Main reason I'm playing wow is because I wanna play with other people, if I wanted bots I could just play another game... And please don't reply "hello there dillizmampap, we're sorry for blabla, you can report them, blabla". If I were to report all the bots out there I would've been kicked from the BG for IDLING. Plus I'm a customer, not an employee. Please do something about this now....... I beg you!

Quote Originally Posted by Pogh View Post
    I have reported over 200 bots since this summer.

The problem is that Blizzard don't eneter battlegrounds and start banning bots. If they did this, lets say spended 200h of GM time (thats 5weeks 8h/day for one person) on this, they could ban easy 5000bots. As soon as the word would be out that you have let's say 20% chance to get banned if you bot, then people would stop bot
    That paragraph alone is all the proof I needed to know you have no frickin' idea of what you're talking about. Let's make a quick comparison: Blizzard will be the police, the botter will be the burglar, and the player (you) will be the civilian. The burglar (botter) is robbing a house, and you see him in the act of robbing that house. You do not call the police (Blizzard) because you don't trust them, and then the next day bitch and moan for everyone to hear how the police (Blizzard) allowed that house to be robbed by not protecting the neighborhood, since the burglar robbed that house unimpeded.

And here's a little bit of knowledge for you. Ask ANY real admin about this, if you want, and they'll all tell you the same thing: they cannot, and will not, immediately ban anyone based solely on someone's word. Why not? Because there is this little thing called 'innocent until proven guilty'. They get a report, they then INVESTIGATE the reported issue (was this an isolated issue? Does this pattern occurs regularly?), and then based on the results of the investigation a course of action is decided upon. It is basically no different from a police investigation. They need PROOF to convict someone. And simply someone's word for it is just not enough.

Finding a botter is easy, but, contrary to popular belief, PROVING he's a botter requires more than mere screenshots of a group of players and your word that they're botters. Because the people that create the bot programs aren't stupid. Their programs are VERY hard to be detected, and basically the only way to find a bot is through pattern-checking, which takes time. For all you know, they could be an awesomely coordinated group being led by someone who completely lacks any sense of strategy.

Please stop throwing conspiracy theories around without having any sort of knowledge about the issue you're talking about, ok? Thanks.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2012-11-23 at 04:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That paragraph alone is all the proof I needed to know you have no frickin' idea of what you're talking about. Let's make a quick comparison: Blizzard will be the police, the botter will be the burglar, and the player (you) will be the civilian. The burglar (botter) is robbing a house, and you see him in the act of robbing that house. You do not call the police (Blizzard) because you don't trust them, and then the next day bitch and moan for everyone to hear how the police (Blizzard) allowed that house to be robbed by not protecting the neighborhood, since the burglar robbed that house unimpeded.

And here's a little bit of knowledge for you. Ask ANY real admin about this, if you want, and they'll all tell you the same thing: they cannot, and will not, immediately ban anyone based solely on someone's word. Why not? Because there is this little thing called 'innocent until proven guilty'. They get a report, they then INVESTIGATE the reported issue (was this an isolated issue? Does this pattern occurs regularly?), and then based on the results of the investigation a course of action is decided upon. It is basically no different from a police investigation. They need PROOF to convict someone. And simply someone's word for it is just not enough.

Finding a botter is easy, but, contrary to popular belief, PROVING he's a botter requires more than mere screenshots of a group of players and your word that they're botters. Because the people that create the bot programs aren't stupid. Their programs are VERY hard to be detected, and basically the only way to find a bot is through pattern-checking, which takes time. For all you know, they could be an awesomely coordinated group being led by someone who completely lacks any sense of strategy.

Please stop throwing conspiracy theories around without having any sort of knowledge about the issue you're talking about, ok? Thanks.
    And this is the best, most well informed post out of this whole worthless thread of people arguing about percentages. We seriously need more people like you around here >.>

Hit the nail on the head. And as blizzard has stated, fuck, probably a million times or more, they don't usually ban the botter - they try to take down the whole botting program, which will hit several people at once. It's just more efficient. That whole argument of "Blizzard doesn't ban botters because they'd lose money" might have SOME weight to it, but I'm pretty sure blizz would rather keep the REST of their paying playerbase happy. They do what they can. And if you had any inkling of what was going on, you'd know they DO do things about it - not to drop names or anything, but one of the biggest US bots is currently fighting for its life with blizzard's legal department.

In other words, blizzard doesn't do 'death by a thousand cuts', they go straight for the jugular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Better question, why not bot BGs?
    They're boring, repetitive, and you have to play with people that are generally completely retarded. I for one, welcome a bot over the average BG player. Maybe at least they'll do better than go 0:30.

Not saying I bot BGs, but I can see why people do. They're just a boring grind.

Deleted
    6 humans and 24 bots.

One team had 100% bots

And still people defend Blizzard, lol...

It's amusing that so many people here are being so nitpicky about details such as the exact number of bots in the match cited, or what kind of timetable Blizzard is on in terms of fixing the problem. What matters the most is that so many people think they can get away with botting. People are so unafraid of getting in trouble that they're botting in droves, and the longer Blizzard takes to fix the problem, the more upset people will be and the more likely that they will be to quit, or turn to botting, or whatever. And this has been a problem for a loooong time now. I remember running TurningTest back when I played many years ago to help autoreport bots in BGs.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pogh View Post
    Do anyone believe Blizzard any more? I don't...
    OBVIOUSLY Blizzard do not ban players for botting in battlegrounds. Probably because they don't want to lose that money.
    They can't ban the bots unless people report them. Once reported there needs to be individual investigations for each character, then waiting for a ban wave. The problem is (1) that people just don't bother to report them and (2) that more and more people start botting all the time.

Ideally though Blizzard do need to provide a better way of reporting. Clicking "report player AFK" doesn't actually 'report' them, it just tags them afk. To report a bot you need to either contact a GM or use the <report player for cheating> ticket. None of which are really viable because when in a battleground you don't have the time to write the tickets.

Deleted
    so you've been running BGs and are getting frustrated with losing match after match as your side seems to have loads of bots. well, there is a solution that we've been using for months in publicvent.

it's called oQueue.

1. download & install oQueue (unzip, restart wow, type /oq)
    2. hit the 'find mesh' button on the find-premade
    3. join or create a premade
    4. queue up and enjoy the BGs again

oQueue implements a social mesh network which enables premade information to pass around to everyone connected to the mesh. once you receive the information, you can wait-list for the premade directly with the premade organizer

i haven't put it on curse... yet. for now, it's on my site as i update it a few times a week with various requests from users. there is a zip file and a self-extractor (targeting c:\program files(x86)\world of warcraft\interface\addons). if your wow is in a different folder, you'll need to 'browse' to the addons folder manually.

if you have any questions, find me in vent (my nick is 'tiny')

oQueue: solidice.com/oqueue
    vent: wow.publicvent.org : 4135

enjoy !

SOURCE:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7178928524

Works well fantastic addon and no more bots

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    so you've been running BGs and are getting frustrated with losing match after match as your side seems to have loads of bots. well, there is a solution that we've been using for months in publicvent.

it's called oQueue.

1. download & install oQueue (unzip, restart wow, type /oq)
    2. hit the 'find mesh' button on the find-premade
    3. join or create a premade
    4. queue up and enjoy the BGs again

oQueue implements a social mesh network which enables premade information to pass around to everyone connected to the mesh. once you receive the information, you can wait-list for the premade directly with the premade organizer

i haven't put it on curse... yet. for now, it's on my site as i update it a few times a week with various requests from users. there is a zip file and a self-extractor (targeting c:\program files(x86)\world of warcraft\interface\addons). if your wow is in a different folder, you'll need to 'browse' to the addons folder manually.

if you have any questions, find me in vent (my nick is 'tiny')

oQueue: solidice.com/oqueue
    vent: wow.publicvent.org : 4135

enjoy !

SOURCE:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7178928524

Works well fantastic addon and no more bots
    I second this post. Been using oQueue and running with Tiny, his groups and other people's groups on publicvent for months and the addon is excellent, the community is great and it's nice to have all the derpers and bots on the other team for a change.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Meh, I don't believe you. You didn't join an EOTS where EVERYONE on your team was boting. I refuse to believe that. I don't see that many bots...maybe 1 bot for every 3 BGs i'm in. The odds are nearly impossible if they didn't all come in as a group of bots or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    I second this post. Been using oQueue and running with Tiny, his groups and other people's groups on publicvent for months and the addon is excellent, the community is great and it's nice to have all the derpers and bots on the other team for a change.
    Decided to just go ahead and make it as a thread the more people who start to use it the better

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 05:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Radoria View Post
    Meh, I don't believe you. You didn't join an EOTS where EVERYONE on your team was boting. I refuse to believe that. I don't see that many bots...maybe 1 bot for every 3 BGs i'm in. The odds are nearly impossible if they didn't all come in as a group of bots or something.
    I have had a bg before where all of the alliance where bots and all of the horde where bots. i was the only human and it was actually a rather fun game. this was wsg btw

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radoria View Post
    In my team, allaince we had 9 bots, who was going back and forth between MT and DR.

Horde had 15bots, thats 100% bots. Most bots don't attack enemies unless they are in combat with you, so I could just stand in this group with 15horde bots and follow them around when they was going on their path, back and forth between the towers.

maybe 1 bot for every 3 BGs i'm in
    Bots attack, use cc and cd's, they pop self heals and bubbles, and they will do damage. Bots often do 4-5 million damage in 85-89 bracket and they often get killing blows. You THINK you only see 1bot for every 3 bg, but in reality, during daytime you have around 20-30% bots, only reason you don't see them is that they hide among humans. It's only when you see them stuck somewhere or when there are more bots than humans that they are easy to spot. At night you have 40-80% bots in every battleground.

Deleted
    Theres a guy who likes to bot wearing only a white weapon. Ive tried reporting him endless of times and now he is botting with a lvl 48 warlock with a vendor staff.

Even if Blizzard bans bots i wont forgive them. People who waits for 6 months to get something fixed and then when it gets fixed gets so happy and thinks that Blizzard did a very great job.. i dont know what to say cause its not allowed to insult in this forum.

Deleted
    Funny thing is, some of these new bots are so good most average clueless players won't even know it.

If you are a warlock try this. Next time you do a BG. At the start put down a soulwell and watch as all the bots instantly dismount run to the souldwell then run back to the starting position and mount. Sometimes half the team are bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    Better question, why not bot BGs?
    They're boring, repetitive, and you have to play with people that are generally completely retarded. I for one, welcome a bot over the average BG player. Maybe at least they'll do better than go 0:30.

Not saying I bot BGs, but I can see why people do. They're just a boring grind.
    I can understand this too.

But at the same time the most fun I have on this game is when I get into a random bg where both sides are trying their hardest and the game is epicly amazing in literally an bg in the game; hell, the 40 man bgs are the best when this happens.

Sadly, this hasn't happened a single time so far in MoP because no one is responsive to strats. Why? As I finally realized, it's because they are most likely bots. I'd get into one of those epic bgs every week or so before MoP. And even more often back in WotLK. The problem is undeniably getting worse. Whether Blizzard is addressing it or not isn't the concern as much as HOW they're addressing it. It's obvious that if they are, then the bots are far more advanced than Blizzard's warden system and updates need to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dillizmampap View Post
    Seriously, this just isn't acceptable anymore. I can't even play a bg after 02:00 a.m without having at least 60% bots on my team.
    This has to stop. I would rather wait in a 30min queue and get to play with non botters than having to "play" with bots... Main reason I'm playing wow is because I wanna play with other people, if I wanted bots I could just play another game... And please don't reply "hello there dillizmampap, we're sorry for blabla, you can report them, blabla". If I were to report all the bots out there I would've been kicked from the BG for IDLING. Plus I'm a customer, not an employee. Please do something about this now....... I beg you!
    At the beginning of MoP it was betwen midnight and noon aprox. but now it's more like all day. It's impossible to get into a BG with at least 50% non bots now and no, it's not just BS. Ofc it can vary between servers and battlegroups but it's gotten to the point, where I just don't bother anymore.

And that's the sad part about all this. While Blizz is waiting to nail as many bots as possible in one big banwave, the rest of us can just suck it up or not play. It's easier to win RBG even with an inexperienced group and it's a lot more fun too.

Edit: For those of you who don't believe that botting has become a major problem and even bigger than it was at the start of Cata, it's most likely because you don't know what to look for.

The bots we see in todays BG's are (as others have said) often better than players. But what to look for?

They're most likely on follow or they run towards the middle if WSG or TP, they run to the first base in AB/EotS/Gilneas, in SotA they just stand on the beach.

They use cc, they pop cd's and they ALWAYS attack in a group. Recently I was in Gilneas and 9 of the Alliance players were bots. Myself and a guildie went to LH, where my guildie started to attack them, while I went to the flag in stealth. While the bots attacked and killed my guildie, I could freely cap the flag and stealth away again. When my guildie died, the bots returned to the flag doing nothing.

It's really easy to spot bots now, since there's so bloody many of them. Had it just been 1 or 2 in each BG, you probably wouldn't notice them but now, they're the vast majority in every BG.
    Last edited by mmoc3a262a3a21; 2012-11-24 at 02:55 AM.

Blizzard bans botters. Why don't many seem to get banned?

You send in a ban appeal saying that your account was compromised. Even though your IP and the "hacker's" IP are the exact same, Blizzard will unban you about 99% of the time. You don't even need to bot through a proxy.

Deleted
    Bottom line is they're not doing anything about botters because there is no way in hell they can investigate so many people. So even if everyone and their grandma has seen botters, Blizzard can't get any solid evidence on them.