[Movies] Life of Pi

I have to say, this movie had some of the best visual effects I have seen in my life (it trumps Avatar for me), not only that but it offers a powerful story, with a powerful message (possibly controversial) at the end (the ending isn't one sided, and it's actually fairly open ended).

I loved it, and it was one of the most beautiful things I have watched in a very long time.

Deleted
    Ye, this is an awesome looking movie! But The Fountain > All.. Same director as LoP!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    Ye, this is an awesome looking movie! But The Fountain > All.. Same director as LoP!
    I have never seen the Fountain, but I will look into it.

And part of the reason LoP looks so good is it's 2012 and technology is much better, so films should be looking better, it just goes that this film visually was stunning and painted a gorgeous picture, which really added to its meaning.

Life of Pi was brilliant! I've always loved the book since I first read it, and I was pleasantly surprised by how much I loved the movie too. The visuals were stunning, and you can tell that they really put their hearts into this movie. If you see the movie and like it, I'd highly recommend the book, and if you have read the book but haven't seen the movie yet, don't hesitate to go see it! It does the book justice, for sure.

Deleted
    Wow... I am such a retard >.< Life of Pi is not the movie i was thinking about. It was another one! My bad! But look into The Fountain anyway!

I wanna see it so bad! I read the book back in high school and adored it. Such a powerful story.

Me and my girlfriend had a choice between Life of Pi & Wreck it Ralph, we went WiR (great movie) but i still wish i saw Life of Pi since all i've heard about it is good reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazara View Post
    I wanna see it so bad! I read the book back in high school and adored it. Such a powerful story.
    I'd definitely recommend going to see it, the movie does the book justice, and the effects are thrilling to watch.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 04:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    Me and my girlfriend had a choice between Life of Pi & Wreck it Ralph, we went WiR (great movie) but i still wish i saw Life of Pi since all i've heard about it is good reviews
    Man that's a tough choice considering Life of Pi and Wreck It Ralph have been my two favorite movies this year. (Life of Pi beat Wreck it Ralph for me by just a tad). I would highly recommend going to see it though in the theaters in 3D while it's still out because the 3D is fantastic.

The movie was great.

The most interesting line I read about it was "an elegant proof of God, and the power of storytelling"

If you are thinking about seeing it, do so. I didn't know much about it except that something something tiger boat, but it was cool for sure.

I have a six week old so I probably won't get to see it in theaters but ill definitely download it when it comes out on DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazara View Post
    I have a six week old so I probably won't get to see it in theaters but ill definitely download it when it comes out on DVD.
    It will still be worth a watch on DVD, but if you get any chance to see it in theaters take it, the visuals are really worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    It will still be worth a watch on DVD, but if you get any chance to see it in theaters take it, the visuals are really worth it.
    Gotta agree here. Some movies are just meant for the big screen, and this is definitely one of them. Kind of tempted to see it in 3D now just because of how awesome it looked. Saw it in 2D when I originally watched the film.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome movie i watched it many times.....