Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcare View Post
    This thread has proven nothing to me other than it would seem most people have no clue how the justice system works and the way rape charges are filed and dealt with by police. Perhaps it is an unfortunate byproduct of shows like CSI where everything gets wrapped up into a nice package and the evil doer is caught. I can't tell if the short sidedness of most of the arguments being put forth here are out of ignorant zealotry, prior traumas, or a warped sense of justice. Either way, if people spent more time reading and learning about what they were talking about as opposed to arguing over the internet, based on their “gut”, perhaps a more fruitful discussion could be had.

P.S. No one cares what you think on the internet, if the people on here that seem to be frothing at the mouth are that fervent about false rape accusations, do something about it. Nothing that you did here meant a thing.
    The internet is a place to share ideas. No one has any illusions that they've accomplished anything besides swaying those who were undecided or unaware of an issue. It's cute that you seem to think so, however.

She ruined the guys life permanently. She deserves at least jail time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    And you said they are Women problems. When they ain't. The context of that quite however, is to say Unwanted bodily and verbal contact are not rape, they're often assault.
    i didnt say they were *only* womens problems, i said you shouldnt try to diminish womens problems. like saying they are overly quick to point fingers at things like "unwanted verbal contact".

Before anybody gets into anecdotes here, because I can see that coming with where this is headed, I'd just like to state that I have known two people who were raped and two people who were falsely accused or rape. Clearly that means that the rate of rape to false accusations is 1 to 1.

Aaaanyway, can we get away from arguing about what the arguments are and actually arguing the arguments?

Quote Originally Posted by dontcare View Post
    This thread has proven nothing to me other than it would seem most people have no clue how the justice system works and the way rape charges are filed and dealt with by police. Perhaps it is an unfortunate byproduct of shows like CSI where everything gets wrapped up into a nice package and the evil doer is caught. I can't tell if the short sidedness of most of the arguments being put forth here are out of ignorant zealotry, prior traumas, or a warped sense of justice. Either way, if people spent more time reading and learning about what they were talking about as opposed to arguing over the internet, based on their “gut”, perhaps a more fruitful discussion could be had.

P.S. No one cares what you think on the internet, if the people on here that seem to be frothing at the mouth are that fervent about false rape accusations, do something about it. Nothing that you did here meant a thing.
    I would like to respond with:

Nothing that you did here meant a thing.

I think what everyone is forgetting, it is the fathers prerogative if he wants to pursue his daughters actions in court or not. He is her father and he has chosen not to, there isn't anyone who can do anything about it when he has decided not to go after her. In this case, I am sure he is just glad to be out of jail and an eye for an eye doesn't really do much for you when it is your CHILD. Yes she was a horrible daughter to him, but he is clearly the bigger person. What a father should always be

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    I think what everyone is forgetting, it is the fathers prerogative if he wants to pursue his daughters actions in court or not. He is her father and he has chosen not to, there isn't anyone who can do anything about it when he has decided not to go after her. In this case, I am sure he is just glad to be out of jail and an eye for an eye doesn't really do much for you when it is your CHILD. Yes she was a horrible daughter to him, but he is clearly the bigger person. What a father should always be
    Actually acts of perjury are not the father's prerogative. Filing a false police report and commission of perjury are up to the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Yeah; I popped in late, but I wanted to reply to this specifically:
    More and more often, when someone claims to have been raped, people respond with 'yeah, right. That's what all those other people said, too.' *point*
    There's more and more people who will respond negatively, sometimes even aggressively, to people who claim to have been the victim of rape.

And the reason is: So many people have lied about it. It's such an easy way to get a man (yes, a man) behind bars. It's such an easy way to get back at a man. Well; if you're a woman, of course.

If anything, it's those people that cause actual rape victims to shy away from coming forward. Those people are a huge problem. They are the people that cause the stigma. And that's why they should be dealt with, so that the real victims can safely, without repercussion from their immediate surroundings, find aid from authorities.
    You're just repeating the old bullshit line that false accusations occur left and right. They don't and when they do occur they're blown way out of proportion and treated like they're the norm. With respect to false accusations and the effect they have on reporting rates the blame lies with people who act like false accusations are common.

Personally, and I'm going to get flamed for this...I think women (or men) who come out claiming false rape should be punished by getting raped.

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    unless shes some of kind of creepy baby hannibal lecter its quite possible that she was misled into making the accusation in the first place by an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by roboaxxil View Post
    Personally, and I'm going to get flamed for this...I think women (or men) who come out claiming false rape should be punished by getting raped.
    You do know the kind of damage that will do to rape reporting rates right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You do know the kind of damage that will do to rape reporting rates right?
    I don't think it would do much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    I don't think it would do much at all.
    why's that?

I dont know what the law is there..... but she was 11 when this "happened".... The thing is we don't know what happened even now - we only know what public statements have been made. Was there any forensic evidence at the time? Was there evidence there had been any intercourse between them? If so, even if it was mutually agreed upon then he would still have had sex with an 11 year old girl. I don't know what the law is there regarding that, but here in the UK that is STILL considered rape even if the girl agrees because the law says she cannot make that decision at her age. Bottom line is, don't believe all you read in the papers/news websites, and if you do.... remember to take a kilo of salt with it as you will NOT have the full facts.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    why's that?
    I haven't been shown any evidence that people don't report that they were raped based on a fear of being convicted of false accusal. I have, however, seen evidence that shows that people don't report it because they don't think anything will come of it.

Deleted
    Can I report someone for murder and get away with it ?! I mean it would discourage the witnesses of other murders from coming forward with it if I got punished for lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You're just repeating the old bullshit line that false accusations occur left and right. They don't and when they do occur they're blown way out of proportion and treated like they're the norm. With respect to false accusations and the effect they have on reporting rates the blame lies with people who act like false accusations are common.
    You've not being paying close attention, then.

What I've stated is that they have occurred so, so many times. That doesn't make them the norm by a lóng shot. It just means that false accusations have happend a lót. Sometimes involving celebrities, but usually out of vengeance. They happen, and they get in the news because it's BIG. Even if only 1% of all allegations are false, then that's a héll of a lot of allegations, and we don't get to see ANY of the 99%. That is what colours this thing. So my argument is a really bloody good one.
    If 1% of something is all you ever get to see of it, then that 1% is perceived as if it's 100%.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Actually acts of perjury are not the father's prerogative. Filing a false police report and commission of perjury are up to the state.
    I don't believe for a second there is no legal action he could take against her. That's just ridiculous that you're even insinuating that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    You've not being paying close attention, then.

What I've stated is that they have occurred so, so many times. That doesn't make them the norm by a lóng shot. It just means that false accusations have happend a lót. Sometimes involving celebrities, but usually out of vengeance. They happen, and they get in the news because it's BIG. Even if only 1% of all allegations are false, then that's a héll of a lot of allegations, and we don't get to see ANY of the 99%. That is what colours this thing. So my argument is a really bloody good one.
    If 1% of something is all you ever get to see of it, then that 1% is perceived as if it's 100%.
    I believe you just argued against yourself at the same time as attempting to argue for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    I don't believe for a second there is no legal action he could take against her. That's just ridiculous that you're even insinuating that.
    He isn't, you're misinterpreting. If I stab you in an attempt to kill you and the police find out, you can press charges against me, but even if you don't, the state will press charges against me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    They're not pursuing criminal charges (of any sort) because "it might discourage real victims from coming forward".
    Oh wow, this is so ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    False accusations have to be punished, severely.
    I agree. Absolutely. False accusations - especially when they lead to such things - have to be punished very, very severely.
    What she did was just as bad as the "deed" she accused him of.

Deleted
    And how exactly did he go to jail in the 1st place if there was no physical evidence ?! The judge convicted him just cause a little girl said so ?!