Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    this is why shamans were beast:

Also the Syth 3 video, can't find a youtube version of it though
    Last edited by Kuniku; 2012-11-23 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike-N-Ike View Post
    As a Vanilla player, I must say the best class back then must have been either shaman or warlock --> because they could fear you forever until you died >.>
    Warlocks were free hks for almost a year after release so no. Shamans were never as good as alliance thought they were. Warriors with arc reaper could kill 4-5 people but with 1 healer could wipe out groups of 10+. Paladins had multiple lives and could do anything while bubbled, like capping flags in ab. Rogues could stunlock anyone to death who was not wearing plate. So wars/pal/rogue were the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shocktroop View Post
    Shamans were never as good as alliance thought they were.
    Mwoh. I'd disagree when talking about *tauren* shamans. Getting a heal off in the stun duration of your warstomp was a huge deal, combined with being self-ressing 2-hander windfury wonders.

When people saw that tauren shaman with Sulfuras running at them, they ran.
    When I charged at him in the middle of Warsong Gulch with my DEoI, the battleground shook.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-11-23 at 01:24 PM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

PVP and PVE were different situations.

PVP saw ridiculous Rogues, and Hunters. Shamans were insane with the right gear.

Priests were the best healers.

Shamans definitely, priests were quite good as well followed by my favorite. Pom pyro mage <3

Deleted
    Shamans were shit in PvE though compared to Paladins.. Soo !

Deleted
    shamans if they got lucky with windfury, rogues and i kicked ass with a hunter!

and i remember warriors recking me all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfInvocation View Post
    Shamans were shit in PvE though compared to Paladins.. Soo !
    Suddenly, Viscidus.

Deleted
    Shadowpriests in PvE Gear
    It sounds dumb but i've beaten entire premade warsong groups full of rank 12+ people, ruined the pvp climb of many of my own faction and felt like god doing it.
    That is if the group didnt contain a destro warlock

Mind you this wasnt because i was some sort of uber player or anything, just the class.

In PvE i remember Warriors and Rogues owning in Naxxramas

rogues killed everything with NO gear and starter white daggers....rogues dominated lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gzathegenius View Post
    rogues killed everything with NO gear and starter white daggers....rogues dominated lol

wasnt that becuase some of the rogue abilities did a set ammount of damage not increased by attack power? or did i hear that wrong? i didn't play a rogue so not really sure how it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    wasnt that becuase some of the rogue abilities did a set ammount of damage not increased by attack power? or did i hear that wrong? i didn't play a rogue so not really sure how it worked.
    yea it was static dmg from eviscerate i believe. and the DRs back then wasnt anywhere near how it is now. so the basically chain stun/incapacitate you. literally can stun lock someone from 100-0. literally

From what I remember of those days, shamans and rogues were beast, then as weapon dps started going up with tiers warriors became crazy good (they were good before too) and could mow through people with a healbot (pally). Just seeing one with MoM meant you were probably dead meat, unless you happened to be a destro lock, and then you could seduce-nuke them to death because their version of the pvp trinket didn't break charm <3. Druids were just lol bad at damage but were mandatory for WSG. Warlocks (my class) started out as pretty much crap but they gradually improved until they were pretty OP after the demonology tree buffs and the deathcoil buff...MD + felhunter made casters cry. Alliance locks had it much harder though since a large portion of the horde population played ud. I'm pretty hazy on priests and hunters, I think hunters were pretty good until you got into their dead zone and then they couldn't do anything. I think a lot of priests ran tri-spec back then or just went shadow, and they could be pretty dangerous if the rng gods favored them with back-to-back blackout procs. What am I missing...oh mages did the whole pom pyro thing.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

PVP

ROGUE:

Rogues >>>>> ALL.
    Watch "World of Roguecraft", 1v1 with no gear, win every time no luck needed (Yojacks-StunelockSpec + TTea + Blind )
    Watch "Mings Duelling Videos", Ming (worldofming) frapsed some of the best R14-Rogues vs ALL R14-Geared-Classes
    Watch "Burn..." Movies, from early Classic till Naxx T3 Gear, Rogue 1v5, 1v7 etc.

Shadow-Priest?
    Very bad mana efficiency, no dispersion, do shadow pet. YOU HAD TO BE UNDEAD -> DevoringPlague (Racial), WotF.

Enhancement Shaman?
    Autoattack Windfury Procs. Pray for Damage? You really think it was OP back in classic to do "Rogue/Mage" like damage IF Windfury did proc?

Warriors?
    Don't kid yourself. Rogues could Stunelock Warriors to death. Mage/Hunter could kite Warriors to death. Blue geared Shadow-Priests could destroy R14-Warriors without any experience.

If someone tell you othe than Rogue, I dont really think they played back then.

I played a Rogue in Classic and had lots of fun. :-P
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    Paladins and Shaman (2H) were nerfed pre-launch or immidiatly after if I recall correctly. Rogues were OP for a long long time, (check out World of Roguecraft on youtube). Hunters and warlocks were the worst classes that early.
    Problem with rogues was that while casters were getting +spellpower gear from raids (int only provided larger mana pool and crit in vanilla)becoming stronger, rogue's finishers (evis and rupture) and poisons DIDN'T SCALE AT ALL with AP and, that's why a naked rogue's eviscerate was hitting as hard as a full t2 rogue with bwl weapons (roguecraft), because of this if you had good weapons SS and backstab hit for more than a 5cp evis! Btw i remember me crushing heads in bg's with hemo spec and this toy http://www.wowhead.com/item=23221

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    PVP

ROGUE:

Rogues >>>>> ALL.
    Watch "World of Roguecraft", 1v1 with no gear, win every time no luck needed (Yojacks-StunelockSpec + TTea + Blind )
    Watch "Mings Duelling Videos", Ming (worldofming) frapsed some of the best R14-Rogues vs ALL R14-Geared-Classes
    Watch "Burn..." Movies, from early Classic till Naxx T3 Gear, Rogue 1v5, 1v7 etc.

Shadow-Priest?
    Very bad mana efficiency, no dispersion, do shadow pet. YOU HAD TO BE UNDEAD -> DevoringPlague (Racial), WotF.

Enhancement Shaman?
    Autoattack Windfury Procs. Pray for Damage? You really think it was OP back in classic to do "Rogue/Mage" like damage IF Windfury did proc?

Warriors?
    Don't kid yourself. Rogues could Stunelock Warriors to death. Mage/Hunter could kite Warriors to death. Blue geared Shadow-Priests could destroy R14-Warriors without any experience.

If someone tell you othe than Rogue, I dont really think they played back then.

I played a Rogue in Classic and had lots of fun. :-P
    While all of this true in duels or just actual 1 vs 1 encounters, that's not what PVP, especially early-day battlegrounds was entirely about.
    It was warriors that raped. Sure, you could solo them. You could kite them, stunlock them, chainfear them, make them chase you to the most remote spot in Warsong and then polymorph him for 3 minutes (cough happened to me was humiliating but aquired taste for ashenvale grass)..

... BUT...

Once they were in your face and you werent prepared, or had used some of your more important cooldowns to get them OUT your face... you were dead. You were deader than a doornailed dodo.

Ontop of that, the amount of rogues I killed with the "Silent Killer" retalliation (before they added the huge warning lights spell animation) was glorious.

But don't merely listen to me! Please look at this World of Roguecraft informative instruction video.

Last edited by Chonar; 2012-11-23 at 03:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There have been several "OP" moments for classes. In PvP I can remember these being pretty "OP".
    Warriors, rogues, mages, warlocks, enhancement shamans, ret paladins (later anyway), marksman hunters.

There where some cases of extremely good druids, protection paladins and shadow-priests.

But classes that have stayed "OP" most of the times have to be rogues and mages. The others have had their time in the spotlight, but not nearly as often as those.
    And if I had to pick just one as "most OP ever" I would go with mage, damn those pesky mages! :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters were the Kings of any Zerg PvP like Alterac Valley or SS / TM Battles.
    With decent Gear you could 3 Shot anything; Aimed -> Multi -> Arcane -> HK -> Thanks, the next please

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Suddenly, Viscidus.
    That's one boss the whole expansion where horde actually had it easier.. AND it was an optional boss with mediocre loot at the time..Even Ouro who was optional had better loot (tier token) :9

I love that this immediately turned into a PvP thread even though the original poster never once said anything about PvP.

As far as PvE goes, it is easily Paladins. Even though they spent 90% of their in-combat time refreshing Blessings on the entire 40 man raid because it was one cast per person and only lasted five minutes, those Blessings made the difference in Vanilla raids. Back then the hardest mechanic to deal with was more or less threat, because most fights were a long tank and spank with a ridiculous amount of dispelling required and no other real mechanics. Blessing of Salvation completely took out the one thing DPS really had to worry about and they could just go balls to the wall and blow shit up.

Paladins were so OP in PvE that - while they've never admitted it - I'm pretty sure Paladins are the number one reason they gave Shamans to Alliance and Paladins to Horde with TBC.
    Last edited by nnelson54; 2012-11-23 at 08:12 PM.