Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    If you check the new item tooltip you will notice that there is a new extra field displaying the remaining allowed upgrades for this item.
    Which still makes his comment valid?

No more MMO report? /cry

I already miss you, Casey!

You can update DMF trinkets!

Upgrading my Relic of Xuen (STR) to 484 ilvl makes it give +1030 static STR with a proc of 3262 STR. It's still probably better to upgrade a 509 or 502 trinket instead of upgrading a DMF trinket, due to the exponential scaling nature of stats with relation to ilvl.

The upgrade priority goes something like this: Weapon(s) > Chest = Legs = Helm > Shoulder = Boots = Belt = Trinket > Neck = Back = Bracer = Ring. It costs the same amount of VP to upgrade all the items, but some slots have higher item budget than other slots, so it's more beneficial to upgrade those slots first.

It's also recommended that you only upgrade BiS items, otherwise you risk wasting the VP when an upgrade drops.

I can see costs for 1H weapons and off-hands / shields being cut in half so DW or 1H + off-hand specs are equal with 2H specs. Blizz did this when they reduced CP cost for 1H weapons from 2500 CP to 1750 CP, which is on par with 2H weapons costing 3500 CP.
    Last edited by NeverStop; 2012-11-23 at 03:11 PM.

Aww no more MMO report

I'll miss that show.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaschnack View Post
    It's probably been stated somewhere already before, but I must have overlooked it: Will we be able to upgrade every piece of gear we own 2 times, or only a limited amount of items? (like, you can upgrade your weapon and 1 trinket if you like and nothing more, or can you upgrade all 16 slots and therefore you gotta grind 24000 Valor points to get completely upgraded BiS gear? 24k points sounds a bit lunatic, so I hope it has a cap)
    You'll be able to upgrade every epic item 2 times, without further restrictions. You're just limited by your weekly valor cap, which is totally fine since you've no use for valor points once you've 489 ilvl.

Please dont use the stupid "daily quests are mandatory" arguments on this system, you wont upgrade more items than your valor cap allows you anyways.

Any idea if we can upgrade alchemist trinket? It should be ilvl 458 in 5.1 (so high enough for JP upgrade).

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    You'll be able to upgrade every epic item 2 times, without further restrictions. You're just limited by your weekly valor cap, which is totally fine since you've no use for valor points once you've 489 ilvl.

Please dont use the stupid "daily quests are mandatory" arguments on this system, you wont upgrade more items than your valor cap allows you anyways.
    Shhh.. don´t tell them.. they still haven´t realized that doing 50 dailies every day for 7 days causes them to hit the vp cap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoiledkid View Post
    Any idea if we can upgrade alchemist trinket? It should be ilvl 458 in 5.1 (so high enough for JP upgrade).
    Guess what the intention of the 458 upgrade was in the first place?
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2012-11-23 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Guess what the intention of the 458 upgrade was in the first place?
    Or they made it 458 because it won't be upgradeable?

Bye, MMO-report. You guys always made me laugh. swtor is overrated, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    does the item upgrade work on crafted item ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    does the item upgrade work on crafted item ?
    Minimum item level is 375. Blue items = Justice Points, epic items = Valor Points.

10+ Year Old Account
    so basically i will be able to upgrade my Lifekeeper's Robe

Deleted
    Does any 1 know If the conquest gear can be upgraded with honer? or will they only be allowed to be upgraded by conquest?

Deleted
    Will you be able to upgrade Sha-touched weapons with valor?

Do we really need almost month old tweets about coming buffs that have already occured on the front page???
    Last edited by openair; 2012-11-23 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    They fired the MMO Report crew, or just retiring Casey?

SWTOR is over rated.... no better final words

nvm, read their site, mmo report is no more
    MMO Report is a web-exclusive spinoff made up from people who work on XPlay and AotS on G4TV; for example, Casey Shreiner was the lead writer for AotS. Since those two shows were axed, it's the former indirectly.

Well, 'fired' isn't really the right term either. They were laid off for whatever the hell reason G4TV thought was a good idea to axe their 2 best shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dannypoos View Post
    Does any 1 know If the conquest gear can be upgraded with honer? or will they only be allowed to be upgraded by conquest?
    Conquest gear=upgrade with conquest points.

Honor gear=upgrade with honor.

Frees Casey up for bigger and better things hopefully. Can't wait to see what he does next.

can you upgrade conquest item with valors ?????