• Yes

84 50.30%
  • No

83 49.70%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrok- View Post
    I love the game, but I voted "no" because you had to ask and I don't like people with your kind of mentality, so stay away from my game.
    Ironically enough, I'm not super crazy about your mentality either. It strikes me as a more than a little conceited, elitist, and arrogant.

Would you rather ANet not get more people purchasing GW2 and make more money so they can continue to support and update "your game"?

Someone is still playing this game? lol

Post productively and let's not troll. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-11-23 at 05:42 PM.

i dont own it and haven't played it but i say why not........there is monthly sub so whats the worst that can happen

10+ Year Old Account
    I find these kind of threads pretty pointless since the responses you will get are completely subjective based on posters reviews on the game. I'm not going to tell you yes you should or no you shouldn't. I will say that people using the price defense aka it doesn't have a sub will not make the game any more or less enjoyable. The game doesn't have a sub and I lasted 3 weeks with it. I don't play WoW so I'm not a cheerleader for WoW either but that fact that it doesn't have a sub doesn't make GW2 a "no brainer" purchase.

Do your homework first on the games design and features first before asking straight out should I buy it.

Edit: OP you stated this in another thread not sure why you created and asked this question in this thread:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post19191174
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-11-23 at 02:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is busting at the seams with overflows on every server.

Great game, great value. No sub fee, free content patches every month. Best community ever
    Valar morghulis

Its definitely a solid contender for PC game of the year. Its very much unlike any other MMO at the moment, has very high production values (music, graphics, gameplay responsiveness) and has no subscription fee.

Even if you just logon to explore the world, do some dynamic events, and follow your personal story, and stop at level 80...its worth it.

Add ontop of that structured pvp (normalized gear forever), world vs world vs world (siegecraft and strategic pvp), jumping puzzles, crafting (much deeper than many MMOs), dungeons (relatively hard, very different from wow), and you have alot of choices of what to do. All for no subscription.

The game isn't for everyone. Its more responsive and arcade like in terms of controls, and the lack of holy trinity means its harder to carve out a niche for yourself; there's no set rotations, and no 'safe' role to play.

There's some gear incrementalism included in the latest patch, but for the most part you can buy gear @ level 80 with karma you've earned along the way, and that should be sufficient for 99.9% of the content you'll see. There's not even a big difference between yellow (masterwork) and orange (exotic) gear. All this for no subscription!

I feel like I got my money's worth out of it, if I compare how much I played it to other games. If you've watched vids of the combat system, and think it's something up your alley, I'd recommend it.

If you are pve players you can buy it but dont expect it to replace wow etc.Gw2 is not a mmo where you can play 24/7.

Deleted
    to the people who answered my questions in a non bias and non argumentative way thank you very much . From Reading peoples views who have hands on experience with Guildwars 2 here today it has helped a bunch and I get the impression that the overall community is very cool

final verdict: I'll be buying the game ! I've been wanting to check it out for a while now but never really got around to it for some reason and then i checked out twich.tv and there were like only 3 or 4 streams up since I started doing research just recently which gave me some doubt
    Last edited by mmoc43238c78a1; 2012-11-23 at 04:00 PM.

38 haters(/butthurt wow players) gonna hate.

It has more than a few issues but it's definitely worth $60 with no sub fee.

don't expect too much people who like the game here in the forums, those will be playing the game

10+ Year Old Account
    I`m actually surprised that so many people who dislike GW2 are posting / browsing this forum.

Leveling has been a blast for me, kinda refreshing. Got a bit disappointed in the endgame, that couldnt keep me for a whole week once capped.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

If you have a PC that can run the game well, it looks very good. But at times if u have a bad PC it kind of ruins it, and the game is never enjoyable at max lvl with a shitty PC considering you can't do much. Do not be fooled by the "no grind thing in lvling" cuz at max lvl end-game is just a grind imo, and its a bit shit tbh. They haven't thought about end game enough, which irritated me considering i spent a good 7 years on GW1, and absolutely loved it. GW2 was a let down, but I will keep going back for new content/events/when i'm bored, solely because it is fun at times, and tbh, you really need to get into it imo to enjoy it, and be bothered dealing with bugs, which I am not X_X. It is still buggy in dungeons etc i.e if some1 DC's u can't replace them so u need to 4 man/leave the dungeon, which is a bit of bummer. Fractals really added to the spirit of the game, and overall I think that if you're really into exploration, and a vast vast world, then GW2 is absolutely perfect, but if ur a raider in WoW for example, the PvE endgame isn't as ideal for me, and seems a bit unrewarding :\.

That is ofc my personal opinion, but I do recommend the trial just to see what you think, and if you like then it's definitely worth buying!

Deleted
    I regret buying that game, so I'd say no, don't buy it.
    The pvp was fun sometimes, but way too expensive (I simply couldn't afford it after some deaths to get my equip repaired).
    The pve was partly ok, but mainly just bad. You have a set of weapon choices right from the start, and using a specific weapon grants you more attack skills, up to five per weapon, but it depends on your use of the skills, not on our level. This led to me (playing as elementalist) having all possible weapon skills in all stances before level 10. After that, battle didn't change anymore, it was the exact same in the following, which was really boring.
    The personal story line seemed interesting, but at some point I wasn't able to do it alone, got killed many many times, and my friends couldn't help me as they couldn't join my instanced areas. Therefore at around 43 I stopped doing my story line at all.
    The dungeons were very long and very hard if you didn't know the mechanics or the other players, the other classes and so on. We wiped a lot until nobody had the money to get their equip repaired and we were forced to disband the group.
    The questing itself was mostly like in other mmos, only that sometimes events popped up, with their difficulty (or amount of mobs spawning) depending on the number of players in the area. Unfortunately often these events got annoying when you saw the same ones over and over again and the quest givers were participating so you had to wait till the event was over to get your quest done.
    Traveling was one of the most annoying things, expensive like hell, like repairing, we simply couldn't afford it, resulting in long hours of walking from on area to another one.
    The only really good thing was the crafting system, were you could combine different mats to discover the recipes, and didn't get the recipes from trainers.
    All in all, as said before, I regret buying this game. Around level 50 I decided I just wanted to reach max level and then would never touch that game again, and I haven't.

Deleted
    Yes it's an amazing game aslong as your main goal isn't raiding then get it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 06:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Housemdoctor View Post
    Someone is still playing this game? lol
    probably only a few million...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    And it was kind of mind boggling to watch a herd of bots chasing around an event area wearing no clothing. I do hope they do something about the bots. <_<
    i can only speak for the server Elonas Reach [DE] and they banned there at least 20-30 Bots who were farming in Orr and Frostgorge Sound. it took a while until they got banned but at least you see Arenanet is actually doing something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    I`m actually surprised that so many people who dislike GW2 are posting / browsing this forum.
    so you never were in diablo 3 forums? yeah its kinda sad that there are always people who just post in forums and whine all day about the games they arent playing anymore. "GW2 IS DYING OMG", "NO ENDGAME" (like in wow, god bless arenanet it isnt! 6 years of this kind of endgame was enough for me) "I DONT LIKE IT SO YOU WONT LIKE IT AS WELL". funny that all the servers are full/heavy and millions of other players are online frequently
    Last edited by mmocd0d6facb98; 2012-11-23 at 05:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaiara View Post
    I regret buying that game, so I'd say no, don't buy it.
    The pvp was fun sometimes, but way too expensive (I simply couldn't afford it after some deaths to get my equip repaired).
    The pve was partly ok, but mainly just bad. You have a set of weapon choices right from the start, and using a specific weapon grants you more attack skills, up to five per weapon, but it depends on your use of the skills, not on our level. This led to me (playing as elementalist) having all possible weapon skills in all stances before level 10. After that, battle didn't change anymore, it was the exact same in the following, which was really boring.
    The personal story line seemed interesting, but at some point I wasn't able to do it alone, got killed many many times, and my friends couldn't help me as they couldn't join my instanced areas. Therefore at around 43 I stopped doing my story line at all.
    The dungeons were very long and very hard if you didn't know the mechanics or the other players, the other classes and so on. We wiped a lot until nobody had the money to get their equip repaired and we were forced to disband the group.
    The questing itself was mostly like in other mmos, only that sometimes events popped up, with their difficulty (or amount of mobs spawning) depending on the number of players in the area. Unfortunately often these events got annoying when you saw the same ones over and over again and the quest givers were participating so you had to wait till the event was over to get your quest done.
    Traveling was one of the most annoying things, expensive like hell, like repairing, we simply couldn't afford it, resulting in long hours of walking from on area to another one.
    The only really good thing was the crafting system, were you could combine different mats to discover the recipes, and didn't get the recipes from trainers.
    All in all, as said before, I regret buying this game. Around level 50 I decided I just wanted to reach max level and then would never touch that game again, and I haven't.
    Oh boy, sounds like you should have asked someone for some good advice along the way so many things wrong here...

You can help friends in their personal story quest, don't need to repair pvp gear but I assume you are talking about WvsW wich is practically the easiest place to make money unless of course you have a 1man zerg and think that will work, as for waiting for events to finish because the questgiver is busy? huh? you can more times than not complete the heart quest during the event much faster than otherwise, and you don't need to repair everytime you die either sounds like you died alot and ported constantly no wonder you went broke you must have noticed that you were doing something wrong somewhere along the way though surely...
    Last edited by mmoc7104c19b7e; 2012-11-23 at 05:44 PM.

free content patches every month.
    How often are people paying for content patches every month in major MMOs?

I don't really understand this at all. What you really mean to say is there is no monthly sub fee in GW2. Which is true but you basically listed "no sub fee" & "no sub fee" as bulletpoints twice.

@OP
    No one can decide what topping you want on your pizza but you.

Guild Wars 2 is heavily reported on, tons of information outlets around and lots of existing opinion threads here and elsewhere. $60, one time fee. It's easy enough to see what the game is about on the old interwebs.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    yes, it will boost the economy
    Spend more money ppl!
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞